Leigh reaction.

town4me

Really questioning my sanity paying 16 notes to watch town get tonked but came away a very proud fan. Excellent performance by all...surely next week we've got to play with 17 no matter what it takes!!

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done Town, what a great afternoon! Tee certainly warranted his M of the M award, but in truth all 14 players deserved to be the winners of that award.

Well done also to the crowd for getting behind the team from start to finish, and thanks also to the Leigh crowd for turning up in numbers and helping to create such a fantastic atmosphere.

Today was the start of our revival, roll on Swinton next week.

Outstanding, Outstanding, first class effort and we played some great rugby as well, Ritson and Gordon particularly impressive. 14 players (prob only 10 fit) just as good as Leigh's full time international squad, Leigh supporters around us where extremely complimentary regarding Towns performance today.

Yes, a massive rap for all the lads today. I was expecting a cricket score when I knew we only had one sub but we were the better side in the first half and out-enthused Leigh. Hewer did us no favours today-their try just before half-time came off a pass that Dan Marino would have been proud of. He crucified us in the last 15 minutes, just when we were running out of gas and you can't give a full time outfit umpteen repeat sets without them capitalising. 

Outstanding, Outstanding, first class effort and we played some great rugby as well, Ritson and Gordon particularly impressive. 14 players (prob only 10 fit) just as good as Leigh's full time international squad, Leigh supporters around us where extremely complimentary regarding Towns performance today.

WE WERE COMPLIMENTARY BECAUSE THEY MORE THAN DESERVED IT,IT WAS LIKE WATCHING A RUGBY LEAGUE VERSION OF THE FILM 300!

Well done to all the players,coach and the board.I was expecting a defeat today but,what i was not expecting was the kind of response from the town boys who showed just what they can produce when the chips are down.Young boy Tee was outstanding today,to show that kind of performance against the top team in the competition shows what talent is come from that young man,olly gordon put in a massive effort today and will get better when has the weather improves,stacky is another player who gives everything in the town shirt and to be honest should not have played but ran his heart out,but from 1 to 14 they should all hold their head and shoulders up high today with a fantastic effort, and, just go's to show with a full team we will take some beating at home and away.Proud has punch for the lads today,110% from them all of them is all us townies can ask for,well played boys,and it just shows they do listen to the coach to come up with a performance like today.

Good post trouty.

What was PV's thoughts anyone?

Jarrod stack is an absolute machine with a heart of a lion. Seen his shoulder go again today 2nd half, then next tackle nearly put his man into touch. When that man ever hangs his boots up he deserves the keys to the town.

The boy's who sat out that today will have watched that and been bouncing out their skin. A great team performance to build momentum from. And finally a word for the leigh fans who in thought were a credit to their club today.

WE WERE COMPLIMENTARY BECAUSE THEY MORE THAN DESERVED IT,IT WAS LIKE WATCHING A RUGBY LEAGUE VERSION OF THE FILM 300!

Spot on mate, 14 Spartans with Town shirts on today I thought after Fridays heroics we were in for a thumping today but they were all magnificent for the full 80 minutes. Tee Ritson, Liam McAvoy Ollie Gordon and Jarrad Stack were immense but then again so were the other 10, once again Jamie Doran had a cracking game. I was very proud to be a Town fan today and despite 2 defeats over the weekend it's given me real hope for the rest of the season.

Special mention for the Leigh fans today they were a credit to their club, there was a time when a visit from Leigh wasn't appreciated due to some of their badly behaved  fans, but not today, they were very gracious and complimentary to our efforts, they Knew the situation we were in, well done to you all.

By the way, I thought Mr Hewer was the best we have seen at DP this season until the last 15 minutes when he destroyed us.

UP THE TOWN

The most important thing is that today there was a real band of brothers feel to the team AND they proved to themselves they can play outstanding rugby league.

Hope PV gives them their heads in weeks to come and they dont get restricted by the  safety first game plan that IMO had held us back over the last few weeks

The most important thing is that today there was a real band of brothers feel to the team AND they proved to themselves they can play outstanding rugby league.

Hope PV gives them their heads in weeks to come and they dont get restricted by the  safety first game plan that IMO had held us back over the last few weeks

Agree with that, they spent a couple of minutes in a huddle at the end of the game, good to see.

Isn't it great to see some positive posts on here for a change, the in fighting was getting a bit tedious and we were morphing into deluded . com. One of my mates tells me I had a name check on there after Friday......I feel honored :tongue: . 

Not often you can come away from defeat and say - That was great!

Feared a cricket score today and almost joined friends at Brunton Park.

Just imagine what we're capable of when we can play a full 17!

Cheers Town!

The best thing I took from today was the emergence of Theerapol Ritson as a nailed-on Town star of the near future. I'm giving him his full monicker because it's a stand-out name for a stand -out performer. Just shows you what an extended run in the side can produce. This kid will more than fill the shirt that Elliot discarded. He's faster than s##t off a shiny shovel.     I know I bang on about it, but Red Hall really have to do something about foul play-- yellow cards are dished out for dissent-persistent interference at the play the ball and other technical infringements while players who intentionally try to decapitate their opponents stay on the field to do more damage. There was a lot of that stuff from Leigh today and all Hewer did was give them a team warning. Acton was particularly  guilty -as was the Leigh outside back with no shirt number who had a real pop at Sammut. If either of those 2 had been in the bin where they deserved to be we could have had the result our performance warranted. 

Was my first game in ages and we sponsored the man of the match and I had the pleasure of presenting tee with his Mom award there were a few of us and by general consensus we picked tee for his work rate, finishing and for his tackling back.

Other players who stood out for us were Liam McCavoy for a herculean defensive display, bet he can't walk in the morning, Oliver Gordon for his running and defence and Perry because he was excellent going forward in the first half.

To be honest 1-14 knocked their pans in today and to play a full time team with only 14 players and having to go to work tomorrow they players can deservedly have pride in what happened on that field today

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

No

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

Steady now ... The players heart and commitment have never been question .. And they are to be commended for it .. I'll always back the players 100 percent and have never had a bad word to say about any of them .. Like I've said a 40 point loss at home is the bench mark for the powers that be to provide a squad to help these players with a squad capable of competing week to week at this level ...

Swinton winning tightens it up .. I think it's going to be 2 from 3 that goes down .

On a side note Samuts just came along at the wrong time hasn't he .. We have cried out for someone like him for years ! Had everything BUT a creative halfback .. Such a shame with some of the packs we've had in the past!

it was a 16 point loss not 40. Fans know the squad is short but today shows what the players are capable of with plenty to come back. As for the pre season No use crying over spilt milk. Onwards and upwards

Archived