Big Appeal

Piggy's mate

I have noticed over the past few months that an air of despondency has settled over the Dewsbury fans forum. Understandably seeing your nearest and dearest turn last seasons disaster into this seasons success. What you all need is a lift and some stimulus to bring the forum back into a positive frame of mind. So with this in mind I have started a Big Appeal to......... 

Bring back COOLIE :rap:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Was he pro morro though?

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

I have noticed over the past few months that an air of despondency has settled over the Dewsbury fans forum. Understandably seeing your nearest and dearest turn last seasons disaster into this seasons success. What you all need is a lift and some stimulus to bring the forum back into a positive frame of mind. So with this in mind I have started a Big Appeal to......... 

Bring back COOLIE :rap:

The forum ain't the same without him - come on JD - we've got the message, anything politically incorrect and you're on the naughty step, how about a little forgiveness, and let him back in to cheer us up ? Pleeeeeease.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Free the Earlsheaton one!

I wasn't suggesting for one minute that he be allowed to leave Earlsheaton !!! :O

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

Well that worked.......

Sorry Roger I missed the NOT!!!! off the end!

I had heard that the Head Honcho did agree to the ban being lifted provided the moderators also agreed. Clearly they didn't, which reflects pretty poorly upon whoever moderates this forum, IMO of course.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Wakefield Ram for one.

Where's Roger the Ram he used to pop on here, also the guy who do's or did your website, now's the time for your club to be giving it some spin.

Cheers Roger(not the Ram).

I PM'd Wakefield Ram but he didn't bother to reply. Must be a great feeling exercising that kinda power! Wish I was part of the elite sticking it to the little guy.

That could be because your Bulldog fan and being seen to be stirring it up PM, it was nice meeting that time, you know where lol.

That could be because your Bulldog fan and being seen to be stirring it up PM, it was nice meeting that time, you know where lol.

The mind boggles!

:tongue:

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

You've met Coolie Roger he's not a bad apple and I miss his contributions. His mistake was to be one of the first to criticise Morro and say nothing more than others said in the Brexit debate. The "rules" state you are banned if you are reported so many times so certain people (who I don't see on the dewsbury forum anymore btw) took it upon themselves to report him. As I stated before I was given a warning two years ago for the word "fat head" and it's still there waiting.

TBH it's your forum and since he was banned it's been a much duller place!

Who are these moderators and how many of them exist? Are they reading this or any other topic? I suppose they must do, otherwise Coolie would still be on here.

Show yourselves and explain why you will not comment on here, or privately.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

They might be on holiday.

Write to John Drake asking who the Mod or Mods are.

Cheers Roger.

This forum moderated by Wakefield Ram, Guest From Down Under, John Drake and Tom Coates

Death is not the end. Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush.

paraphrase of Terry Pratchett from Good Omens written in 1990.

This forum moderated by Wakefield Ram, Guest From Down Under, John Drake and Tom Coates

Hello "Website", whoever you are.

Wakefield Ram, it would seem, deems it not worthy of replying to a message.

Guest From Doen Under, we all know, is at present not able to communicate on here because of illness.

John Drake agreed to Coolie's reinstatement I believe.

Tom Coates has simply disappeared (from the forum).

Your move "Website".

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Sadly CF I think "Website" is one of ours and just passing on the information available at the bottom of the Dewsbury Rams Topic page.

On separate note I wish GFDU well as I also miss his informed posting

Here's an update on the current situation.

Coolie contacted me by email and asked to be reinstated.

I said reinstatement was conditional on the forum moderators agreeing, as they, not I, have to spend their time on here making sure everyone posts within the TotalRL.com-wide forum rules, something which Coolie (by his own admission to me) has proved unable to do in the past, hence several warnings leading to the eventual fully deserved ban.

At this point, I was unaware that Wakefield Ram was the only active moderator remaining on here, doing the job alone.

Being a moderator is a thankless task. It is voluntary, and it requires the patience of a saint. You can't win, whatever you do. But, like matchday referees, the TotalRL.com forums cannot function without them.

Wakefield Ram has now decided to retire as a moderator on here, and having read some of the comments aimed in his direction, I can hardly blame him.

I would like to place on public record my thanks to him for the time he has spent moderating on here, and to the other moderators too, who are no longer able to fulfil the role required.

This leaves the Dewsbury forum with no active moderators, apart from myself as Site Admin and this situation cannot continue. I don't have the time to moderate individual club forums.

Unless a new team of moderators can be found (you need a team, at least two people, to do the job effectively) then this forum will close. Judging by comments on here complaining that it's too quiet/dying, perhaps no one would miss it if it did. That's up to you, the people who use it. If you want a lively, interesting forum, try making a few lively, interesting posts about your club and see how it goes. 

To volunteer to be a moderator you'll need a clean posting history with no warnings, and a track record of at least 100 posts to your name in order to be considered for the role. You will need to be aware of the forum-wide Terms & Conditions of Use on TotalRL.com. You will also require the hide of a rhinoceros to put up with the inevitable petty criticisms of every decision you make in order to keep everyone posting within those rules. There are no rewards, other than the warm glow of knowing you're contributing to keeping this forum open.

If you think you fit the bill and are brave enough to stick your head above the parapet, send me a PM.

I'm also posting this appeal for new moderators at the top of the forum, so everyone sees it.

Until such time as new moderators are appointed, this thread is now locked.

Archived