Some people say its better to keep your mouth shut and let people think your stupid ETC

LOWFIELD

Its like me n thee have said so many times. One out all out.

DR is sh itty, but unless all teams abstain the pressure will be on teams to do so... as fax are experiencing, this is more relevant when the money pressure is on.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

I'd normally say we shouldn't be the ones to get on our high horse about DR as plenty of us were very scathing of other clubs who used it until we started doing so.

However...he set himself up to look daft with quotes like this last season:

“Using dual-reg can destabilise your squad. If I were to go and get dual-registered players, what does that say to my lads in the reserve grade? It basically says you aren’t good enough to play first-team and I’m going to find somebody else."

I'd normally say we shouldn't be the ones to get on our high horse about DR as plenty of us were very scathing of other clubs who used it until we started doing so.

“Using dual-reg can destabilise your squad. If I were to go and get dual-registered players, what does that say to my lads in the reserve grade? It basically says you aren’t good enough to play first-team and I’m going to find somebody else."

Also - what exactly is wrong with saying that anyway ?  Isn't that a fundamental part of team selection ??  

We certainly gave opportunities to younger players last year even whilst using DR.  Some got better - others maybe didn't take their chance or were found out a bit - hopefully they will come back stronger.  We need to pick the best team available to us whether that be contracted players / loans / DR. 

Also - what exactly is wrong with saying that anyway ?  Isn't that a fundamental part of team selection ??  

We certainly gave opportunities to younger players last year even whilst using DR.  Some got better - others maybe didn't take their chance or were found out a bit - hopefully they will come back stronger.  We need to pick the best team available to us whether that be contracted players / loans / DR.

Good points Rob.Being DR with Leeds makes the players that they don't use are obviously our players. So for example if we think that Handley is better than let's say Johnson then we have to pick Handley. We are half way down the road of feeder clubs until we all say enough is enough.

One benefit to the system is that if under any scheme  that player plays for us we can see how good he is. Then if he comes on the market we can sign him with confidence. So in some ways it is a feeder club in reverse.

The problem Fax have is that they're DR with Salford  :tongue: that's as close as possible to doing it with a championship club.

Nobody likes DR but i think what we've got going with the Rhinos is about as good as it gets and clearly worked last year

It's also a massive advantage that Leeds play mainly on a Friday, which makes their 18th & 19th men available to play on Sunday.

Strange Oxy boy has not been mouthing on our web site. Or has he hopped over the border to Salford.....

Look at his answer and then take the first letter of your first three words. Sob is how he is feeling.

Richard Marshall is making himself look stupid. A bit like the RFL is doing to the Club's using/abusing DR!

Unfortunately my business will not run itself at this time of year leaving me very little time, Im sure I will have more to say come Boxing day. :tongue:

Santa' elf?

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

Archived