Fire. Guessing that was the imminent announcement.

'CH is bloody good at 'spin'.

Spin gets a bad name.

'Spin' is managing relationships with customers. It's strategic communications - it shapes and manages the reputation of the business.

It is proven that in sports and entertainments businesses, it is this which drives the business. Not price point. Not even results. Reputation.

Every sports business in the world knows customer loyalty equals success. What builds loyalty is a positive customer experience allied to the club displaying and communicating the same values that it's core audience believes in.

The customer experience is massively linked to environment i.e. the stadium and clubhouse. The communication has to be done on the audiences terms i.e. in their common language....and issued where they are most likely to see it.

These elements together - the environment, the values, the communication channels. I go on and on about them because they form the customer experience. Getting them right is called customer relationship management and strategic communication. Spin.

If CH was bloody good at this, both he and the club would have a fantastic reputation. He would be credible with all stakeholders and the club would be successful, on the field and off.....like Huddersfield.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you can say all of CHs communications are strategic and guarded.

Meanwhile Try this for size.In one of my other wastes of time Brisca F1 stockcar racing its the european championship.

A lad of 14 years old is broadcasting the racing live with the periscope app from his phone.People around the country and world tune in and while its not the best you get the idea of whats going on.

Could not make this or London .I can only follow the match via sky unless someone puts the progress on here.

Its another example of how far we have come but its completely passed Oldham by.

broadcasting the games on the internet via periscope..or ustream...would,techincally,be a breach of the tv rights..

though im sure some kind of agreement could be made between league one clubs,sky & the RFL

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

In many ways it would, but again  its a thing that could be turned on its head and used in a good way. Example if it was a club twitter account and someone gave a basic commentary who knows.

The stock cars is on premier sports but I have already seen dozens of facebook twitter and youtube vids of todays action.

Archived