Encouraging signs

SaintRory83

Given how much the squad has changed from last season, thought we battled hard and gave a good account. We look strong in the forwards, some of the tackling was second to none...pushing Bradford back up field.

Lacked a bit of composure at times, tried to be too cute when we should have just taken the tackle, but I ain't going to fault the effort out there.

If that's anything to go by, we could be in for a good year. What about old Batley eh? Poor Leigh! Hahahahahaha!

we doubled their metres all game, only the refs intervention gave them good field position. Well done Rovers.

Yes god knows what the penalty count was but it was very lopsided.  I think we lost the game second half when having put 5 good tackles in to keep them penned in their twenty, they kicked and we dropped the ball, they scored immediately from the scruim.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

If i was a bradford fan id be more disappointed than if i was a fev fan after that today

Bradford just plodded up the middle for majority of game and considering it was FT v PT only 6 pts scored despite all the territory in the second half is hardly laying a marker down

At times you woukdve struggled to tell who actually was the FT team

For us nothing to be ashamed of with today and one of hardest away trips out of the way already - onwards and upwards

twice in the first half the ref gave two or three penalties in arow to get off their line and onto ours which lead directly to tries. The kicks that lead to the tries were top draw and undefendable.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

I really enjoyed the game today and I believe we can take many positives from it, yes the first half was better than the second and I'm sure Jon Sharp will have everything in hand for next week. Bradford struggled to impress me on their performance today, I think they should be more worried than us on today's performance

Im Fev and im proud

in the third quarter the ref gave us nothing and it stifled the momentum we had built up at the close of the first half. for me the positives were the speed around the ruck,the awareness of overlaps, movement across the park and power in the tackle. we looked well coached and but for a few handling errors and key missed tackles could have snuck it today. well played rovers.

Good point on looking well coached, we did that. They've clearly been working hard on set plays and over the course of the season it'll come good.

Feel more positive about this performance than when we beat them last year. That was a flash in the pan, a good day at the office in an otherwise mediocre season. We look like we're building something here, a foundation. Not going to get ahead of myself, but can't wait for Batley because that'll be a humdinger. A real battle.

Before the game i thought that we would need a twelve point start on the handicap,so to be beaten by ten and that margin is very flattering to Bradford well done Rovers.The need to adapt to referees decisions and be a bit smarter is something the players will have to take on board.Looking forward to next sunday's game against Batley it should be a cracker, I would expect an attendance of at least 1800.

Archived