Yesterday's RL Cup Final..."Neutral" fans..

Noticed Jill Halpenny Fan, a Widnes follower, wanted Wire to win yesterday. I found that a bit odd given local rivalry. And a few on here were cheering for Leeds due to Wendall's prolific posting. So who were you rooting for and why? Me? I was cheering for Wire of course, but then it would have been anyone against Leeds....apart from those East Hull folk obviously! (Don't take offence you Rhinos lot, it's just tradition... )

Edited by Old Frightful
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I cheered loudest when Ryan Bailey was held up and when Richie Mather's try was chalked off. So even Stevens. :D

I wanted neither team to win because i) it's Leeds, ii) mouthy Wires on TRL and on the pitch. But hand on heart I just wanted a close game, so when one team took a huge lead, I wanted the gap to close. The overall winning side deserved it though, which was a big plus.

II wanted neither team to win because i) it's Leeds, ii) mouthy Wires on TRL and on the pitch. But hand on heart I just wanted a close game, so when one team took a huge lead, I wanted the gap to close. The overall winning side deserved it though, which was a big plus.

I wanted Leeds to win. i) for the reason highlighted & ii) because I'm from Leeds.

I used to hate Leeds, but since we no longer play them on a regular basis I've mellowed a little.

I suppose based on Maslow I could have a hierarchy of hate.

1. Cas

2. Cas

3 Cas

4 Wire

5 Pies

6 Saints

I hate the rest about equally ;) plus of course Radio Leeds for their one eyed Rhinos first, SL teams second, rest nowhere policy.

Edited by Trojan

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

was definitely cheering for wire, after all they were playing a yorkshire team..............

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

Noticed Jill Halpenny Fan, a Widnes follower, wanted Wire to win yesterday. I found that a bit odd given local rivalry. And a few on here were cheering for Leeds due to Wendall's prolific posting. So who were you rooting for and why? Me? I was cheering for Wire of course, but then it would have been anyone against Leeds....apart from those East Hull folk obviously! (Don't take offence you Rhinos lot, it's just tradition... )

Am glad you as a neutral saw sense and followed the mighty Wire! :D

My posting was justified this time, I believe in my team and that was one hell of a show by our boys in p&b!

I decided to support whichever fans I was nearest on the day for the sake of harmony!

I quietly hoped that it might be the Leeds fans, but my seats turned out to be nearer the Warrington fans. There was quite a decent mix of Warrington and Leeds fans immediately around me (E503) together with a few Bradford and a couple of Huddersfield and one Saint Helens!

Edited by Jerry the Berry

I wanted the best team to win. If Wires won then that spreads the trophies and the joy around or if Leeds won then that would (maybe) reduce the Wire glamour fervour on this site. (I get a bit tired of the 'Ryan Atkins brothers cousin ate my gerbil' stories).

Having said that it's good that the Wire have broken into the top 4 mentality. Well deserved victory. Disliking the opposition because player(s) wind you up seems a common theme. Lee Briers certainly falls into this category. A bit of a John McEnroe, you don't like his mouth but can't help admire his talent. Looking forward to the playoffs even more now.

I decided to support whichever fans I was nearest on the day for the sake of harmony!

I quietly hoped that it might be the Leeds fans, but my seats turned out to be nearer the Warrington fans. There was quite a decent mix of Warrington and Leeds fans immediately around me (E503) together with a few Bradford and a couple of Huddersfield and one Saint Helens!

That's more than we get to our own away games - did you take their name and address by any chance?

I could pass it on to Ken Davy and I'm sure he'd give them a free season ticket for next season. ;)

That's more than we get to our own away games - did you take their name and address by any chance?

I could pass it on to Ken Davy and I'm sure he'd give them a free season ticket for next season. ;)

;)

I think I saw more Hudd shirts overall than Wigan, and that's coming from a Wigan fan myself!

Where did I say that?

Apologies young man, briefly scanned through the match thread after a beer or two and thought you said you were chuffed Wire won. Must admit I thought it a bit odd at the time. Must pay closer attention to your posts in the future.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Went for Warrington on a "players I hate" count up. Leeds = 3 (Maguire, Smith and Bailey). Warrington = 1 (Briers).

Thanks for that. I thought it was just me who had an irrational hatred for Smith and Maguire (Bailey's a no-brainer). Maybe it's not irrational after all.

Anyway, it had to be Warrington. We all hate Leeds (don't we)?

Leeds. Always go Yorkshire over Lancashire anyday and before you ask East Hull is an honourary annexe of Lancashire.

:)

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

Leeds. Always go Yorkshire over Lancashire anyday and before you ask East Hull is an honourary annexe of Lancashire.

:)

I don't buy into this Yorkshire v Lancashire thing.

I'm the same as Old Frightful, anybody but Leeds as long as it's not Hull KR. No offence to anybody, it just comes with the territory.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I don't buy into this Yorkshire v Lancashire thing.

I'm the same as Old Frightful, anybody but Leeds as long as it's not Hull KR. No offence to anybody, it just comes with the territory.

I remember being like that about Leeds. I remember wanting Saints to win in 1978, and Widnes in 1977. I wanted Saints to beat Leeds in the semi at Huddersfield where Sinfield kicked the goal from the touchline to tie the scores. I also am pretty anti Hull KR, except in 1986 when they played C*s.

I wanted the Bulls to win in both Leeds's last finals against them and Hull to win in 2005. But in 2007 because of a Saints fan at work who was so arrogant about what Saints would and wouldn't do, I went to OT and cheered for Leeds. (and texted him afterwards :lol: ) I'd never describe myself as a Leeds fan, but if they're playing the likes of Wire, or the Pies, or C*s or Hull KR then I want them to win.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

I was supporting Warrington. I was born in Warrington hospital so after Saints they've always been my 2nd team.

Order of support:

1. Saints

2. Warrington

3. Catalans / Crusaders

4. Other Lancashire teams (except Wigan)

5. Other non-Australian teams

7. Wigan

8. Australian teams