France U18s v England U18s

Academy Test at Warrington 27 May. French Group here - 21 most from Catalans Dragons plus the lad from St Helens. Albert and Da Costa already played Super League - indicates how things have moved on.

LISTE-STAGE-U18-1_zpsted14toy.jpg

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

The French youngsters seem to have made a better showing for their country in recent years than the seniors. So I'd expect a good match!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thats a really strong team, it will be a great challenge for England who tour Australia in July/August.

And that's what England needs at both academy and international level. Plus it obviously helps French RL as well.

Sangare is the only Toulouse representative. Not sure where Puso and Guinguet come from. Khedimi came to the Dragons via USAP. Prop Belmas the other Carcassonne lad is rated by some as is Michalezik who has already spent time in Sydney with the Roosters. The French youngsters didn't have this profile a decade back.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

I tell you what will be a great match up, St Helens team mates Matty Lees and Levy Nzoungou up against each other.

Lees is very much the pack leader in the Saints U19's team, similar game style to James Graham. Tough, uncompromising prop who works non-stop in attack & defence. Levy on the other hand is a more barnstorming runner but still has a tendency to go missing in games and prone to some lapses in concentration.

Should be a great match up.

Has the full England squad been announced yet ?

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

I tell you what will be a great match up, St Helens team mates Matty Lees and Levy Nzoungou up against each other.

And, hopefully, we'll see more of that kind of thing in future if British clubs carry on looking across the Channel for talent that can't/won't fit into the Catalans Dragons setup.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

A couple of players in the England squad have played Super League this weekend, Jack Wells and Cameron Smith.

Joe Wardill played for HKR last weekend and I think he is in the Academy squad too.

Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

• 4 weeks later...

See that Lucas Albert and Alrix Da Costa have pulled out of the French team for Fridays Test match at Warrington. On the Federation site its says they're injured but both where in the Dragons 19 man squad at Newcastle at the weekend. They are replaced by two other Catalans U19 Academy players Justin Bouscayrol and Enzo Gauci - originally from Viilefranche and Albi respectively.

See that two lads, who should play Friday, were in action last week for their clubs at senior level. Centre Romain Puso scored a vital try in Limoux's historic Championship success up at Albi while Toulouse prop Justin Sangare played from the bench in his clubs big win at Barrow.Encouraging.

See that Lucas Albert and Alrix Da Costa have pulled out of the French team for Fridays Test match at Warrington. On the Federation site its says they're injured but both where in the Dragons 19 man squad at Newcastle at the weekend. They are replaced by two other Catalans U19 Academy players Justin Bouscayrol and Enzo Gauci - originally from Viilefranche and Albi respectively.

See that two lads, who should play Friday, were in action last week for their clubs at senior level. Centre Romain Puso scored a vital try in Limoux's historic Championship success up at Albi while Toulouse prop Justin Sangare played from the bench in his clubs big win at Barrow.Encouraging.

Don't think they're injured. They're probably supposed to play for Catalans. 

Without Albert and Da Costa, France U18 is way less potent. This will be a struggle.

Matty Lees is out injured for England, he is a big gun and will be missed on the Aussie tour, I believe he has a serious back injury. I haven't heard who his replacement is yet.

Matty Lees is out injured for England, he is a big gun and will be missed on the Aussie tour, I believe he has a serious back injury. I haven't heard who his replacement is yet.

Sadly yes, Last I heard they're were waiting to see if it settles down and heals on its own so his season (and Aussie tour) may not be over, but if there's no improvement then its looking like surgery so we wont see him again until 2017 if that's the case.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

I really hope we get to see some highlights of this game.

Me too. Looks like a comprehensive victory by England but France not having easily their best player in halfback Lucas Albert won't have helped.

I haven't seen much of Brad Walker, only match highlights from a couple of Academy games but I have heard comments where he has been compared to a young Paul Sculthorpe. Thats a fair wrap so I look forward to seeing more of him.

Archived