The RFL save London

Apparently there was an announcment at the Game earlier tonight.

The RFL have offered London support and assistance until 2014 and basically guaranteed that support on all technical levels in super league like developing youth etc...chairman stressed there is no financial support.

Widnes - Cheshire's Original Glamour Club.

Not sure how this counts as saving them.

It doesnt

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

The RFL have offered London support and assistance until 2014 and basically guaranteed that support on all technical levels in super league like developing youth etc...chairman stressed there is no financial support.

Truly pathetic stuff, wholly typical of your crew.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I don't think I've ever met a real life Widnes fan, but if those on here are representative, I really hope they don't get a franchise.

They're all horrible, bitter, little so and so's.

I'm a horrible,bitter,big so and so.

Get it right.............

Full statement from David Hughes....

http://www.league.quins.co.uk/news/12266.php

Jeez. Here's a guy spending millions on developing RL expansion at all levels, and showing a passion that few along even the M62 can show for the game.

All those who have been calling for Quins to go and sniping at them hang yer heads in shame.

It's time the SKY money was reallocated to give Hughes some extra assistance.

Jeez. Here's a guy spending millions on developing RL expansion at all levels, and showing a passion that few along even the M62 can show for the game.

All those who have been calling for Quins to go and sniping at them hang yer heads in shame.

It's time the SKY money was reallocated to give Hughes some extra assistance.

?

I don't recall anyone saying they should go. I said the RFL shouldn't give them any extra cash. I don't have a problem with them funding youth development in London.

from what ive heard, investors have been interested for a little while, but not willing to pay IL what he wants for his shares. so it seems an arrangement has been made involving the RFL

Edited by EastLondonMike

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Melbourne? Seriously?? There's perfectly legitimate reasons for the salary cap. Firstly so teams are on a level-ish playing-field, so to speak. Secondly so teams don't bankrupt themselves to compete with the teams with the most money. Melbourne smashed this & cheated. How's that 'anti-expansionist'?? :huh:

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

I don't think I've ever met a real life Widnes fan, but if those on here are representative, I really hope they don't get a franchise.

I'm not sure how to reply to this. Really leaves a horrible taste in the mouth and I'm not entirely sure I can or should have to justify the words of others just because they support the same club.

For my part I have done nothing but wish Quins the best of health in recent years and see the logic of funding the youth in the capital outside of their club. But then, all this sounds like I'm justifying myself to you and distancing myself from fellow widnes supporters who are to my mind not the people you take them for. Your post was in appalling taste.

Not sure how this is anything but a report of what was said and find it difficult as to how someone can abuse a clubs fans because of it.

If anyone is wondering why a Widnes fan posted it I suspect it was because a Widnes fan who had gone to the Quinns game as a neutral reported the pre match announcement on the Widnes message board via his phone.

For what its worth ideally I'd like a London presence in SL.

Edited by RS

Not sure how this is anything but a report of what was said and find it difficult as to how someone can abuse a clubs fans because of it.

If anyone is wondering why a Widnes fan posted it I suspect it was because a Widnes fan who had gone to the Quinns game as a neutral reported the pre match announcement on the Widnes message board via his phone.

Exactly.

I was purely reporting what i'd read, but get classed as an outcast.

Fans of other Clubs just want an excuse to have a go at Widnes fans, but we don't care.............

I mean, Mr Posh & Just Browny had a go at me, for what ?

For saying in the Topic header there's no suprise the RFL have offered support to London ?

Well it's not a suprise. Richard Lewis once threatened to quit if London were thrown out, so it's obvious he wants them to succeed...........

Well im a real Widnes fan have been for 36 years, although im everything Widnes Vikings, I am also a rugby league fan.

I am very offended by your comments, Widnes fans in general are very knowledgeable about rugby league and are not anti other clubs, we do like some banter every now and then. you have a nice day mr posh :D

widnesvikings2-1.gif

WIDNES VIKINGS CHESHIRES MOST FAMOUS RUGBY LEAGUE CLUB