Star Sheriff Signs

Dons News

<p>Doncaster Rugby League can announce versatile back Louis Sheriff has signed a new one year deal at the club, after agreeing a new contract.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>The former Newcastle Thunder player – who started out at local club Hull KR – is the latest player to put pen to paper on a new contract with the club and follows in the footsteps of former Thunder teammate Jason Tali in boosting Gary Thornton’s ranks.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thirteen tries were scored by Sheriff in 25 appearances last season and replicating that form will significantly aid the Dons in their promotion bid.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>He said: “It was a pretty easy decision really; we’ve got a good set of boys and coaching staff.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>“When you get along with the coaching staff it makes it an easy decision and I had an outstanding time last year.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>“The club’s going in the right direction that those kinds of players (such as Iafeta Paleaasina) want to come here. He could have easily hung his boots up when leaving Hull FC but the fact he wants to come here and play at Doncaster shows that he’s not just coming for money or just for the ride he really digs in and he’s a massive influence on all the boys.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>“It was a really good year last year for me, good to get some accolades at the end of the year, a really proud moment for me and my family.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>“The tries last year I had a massive hand from Jordan Howden so I have to thank him really. I felt back to my best and now it’s time to kick on next season.”</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Season tickets for 2017 are now on sale! For more details <a href="http://www.doncasterrugbyleague.co.uk/article/50900/-season-ticket-prices-announced"target="_blank"><strong>CLICK HERE</strong>!</a></p>

View the full article

Archived