help to get the game on

Robin  Evans

The club are asking for help from as many people as possible to help clear the ground from 8.30am on Saturday and Sunday morning so that if the pitch is anywhere near playable, we can get the game on.

The club will post updates on the website throughout the day on Saturday regarding possibilities of play and the need for further help on Sunday.

The club is doing it's level best to get a game on and all offers of help is greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Robin.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Robin. Wouldnt it be the best bet to have a ref inspection as early as possible Saturday morning?. Taking into account the present conditions, I cannot see the field situation altering much over Saturday night. If his decision was favourable, put it on the forum and we could then prevent a wasted journey and effort.

Robin. Wouldnt it be the best bet to have a ref inspection as early as possible Saturday morning?. Taking into account the present conditions, I cannot see the field situation altering much over Saturday night. If his decision was favourable, put it on the forum and we could then prevent a wasted journey and effort.

just thought exactly the same myself. Already some of our leading football clubs have called their games off. With the current weather an early pitch inspection is the way to go. Save a lot of time and effort.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

just thought exactly the same myself. Already some of our leading football clubs have called their games off. With the current weather an early pitch inspection is the way to go. Save a lot of time and effort.

Some sense in that. Last season about 5 of us turned up and worked our socks off in freezing weather and then it was cancelled.

Yes but look at the scheduled HUNSLET v KEIGHLEY game the other weekend--- we (HUNSLET) brought a local based referee in on the Saturday. and he declared the pitch playable.-- the match day referee arrived from St Helens on the Sunday 1 hour before the scheduled kick off time and called it off.

You just can't win in those situations , the best advice is to play safe and call it off.

I've a lot of sympthy for the club in this predicament. Whatever they do it might go belly up. From a finance point of view they are desperate to get the game on. I do think an early decision is the best way to go. If it's not playable Sat morning then chances are it won't be Sun. So call it off.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

With the forcast for the next week this match wont be on, Halifax have cancelled their match for Sunday. Even if the playing surface is playable (which it wont be) the surrounding area wont be safe for the public. I can not see the council helping out with grit salt on the footpaths to the ground.

Looks like a couple of week before we see a friendly yet not good preperation for all the clubs this season bet they are pulling there hair out.

Anybody got a mate who works for the council and drives a gritter? A couple of trips round the car park wouldn't go amiss ;)

I thought we already employed the council at the ground. Going back to what has been said. The match was called off last year by the referee while we were still working. An early examination would help us all. If it were declared fit subject to A,B,or C I would be down like a shot.

Anybody got a mate who works for the council and drives a gritter? A couple of trips round the car park wouldn't go amiss ;)

in the present circumstances bud even an official approach may be turned down.they aint even doin the estate roads so to find the time and grit to do private car parks may be frowned upon by the general public even if the club paid for it!

im coming down to do my part but iv just seen this picture

gorgeouse view but doesnt fill me with confidence

post-16409-1262953552_thumb.jpg

YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!

A season dedicated to Gareth John Swift

League winners 2010

UPDATE:--

There has been a slight upward revision in the weather forecast. Another cold one is expected tonight but Saturday night is not now expected to have massively low temperatures and will be bordering on 0 degrees. Sunday will be above freezing but I won't be in my shorts.

I'm reliably informed that despite the horrible temperatures, the grass is still yeilding under the snow, which is very encouraging.

If there is the slightest opportunity of getting the game on, both clubs are eager to do so. So again, any offers to clear the ground and immediate areas on Saturday and SUnday from 8.30am will be greatley appreciated.

i would imagine the plan is to try and get the ground and necessary surrounding areas clear on saturday, then when it's above freezing on sunday morning, clear the pitch of snow to reveal a playable pitch underneath!

Robin evans

registered nurse!

Hmmm mi hearty that sounds like a good idea :rolleyes: ...But !!! come game time is the pitch going to be frozen because by my reckoning it aint gona be above freezing Sunday morning .. I do love all your enthuiasm though to try and get the game on mi heartys :D NEVER SAY NEVER :P

Bluebeard ... Refrigeration Engineer / Best mascot in R.L :lol:

ANDY !!!!

Robin, If anyone has been walking on the pitch you may as well forget it now. I was 1 of the volunteers who tried (and failed last year). We were told by a RL official by walking on the snow it compacted it, freezing the ground, so in that instance by the players walking accross a snow covered pitch to the gym made the pitch unplayable. It will be a mammoth task to remove 6-8 inches of snow without mechanical means. However the first obstacle would be the car park and terracing due to Health and Safety requirements.

Robin, If anyone has been walking on the pitch you may as well forget it now. I was 1 of the volunteers who tried (and failed last year). We were told by a RL official by walking on the snow it compacted it, freezing the ground, so in that instance by the players walking accross a snow covered pitch to the gym made the pitch unplayable. It will be a mammoth task to remove 6-8 inches of snow without mechanical means. However the first obstacle would be the car park and terracing due to Health and Safety requirements.

Aye, it was a lot of hard work but all to no avail. The terracing was in same condition as of now and after clearing large areas, were told we had no chance. Ah well, we did our bit.