Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Sellafield has been forced to shut down the nuclear plants and start a phased evacuation of employees......

I hope it's nothing serious, or else they'll have to change the name again.

B)

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

I hope it's nothing serious, or else they'll have to change the name again.

B)

No, it's just so staff can get home before travelling becomes too difficult.

[tin hat mode]Well, that's what they want you to think.[/tin hat mode]

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

After your slightly belated post on the Wakey-Leeds thread, I thought you were about to tell us it's been snowing! :D;)

Meh. We just get memos sent round advising us that emergency Winter packs are available for those staff that don't want to travel and instead want to use an unoccupied room in the hospital accomodation block.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

We've had bug ger all snow over here in Hull. Maybe it's cos we're in the Tropics. B)

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

bloody blizzard here in standish wigan why does it always snow on a friday :mellow:

BOAB reckon's it's the Leeds based RFL's fault.

We've had bug ger all snow over here in Hull. Maybe it's cos we're in the Tropics. B)

Either that or it can't make any progress against the ferocious nithering easterly coming off the North Sea.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Either that or it can't make any progress against the ferocious nithering easterly coming off the North Sea.

A bit like you on yer bike then.

Spoke too bloody soon. Very fine snerr here, but enough to give a general covering of everything.

Just walked up to the in laws with the wife to see her horse. It's between chest and head deep in places here, and the ploughs have quit trying to clear the roads in the village as it's to much for them.

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Went out for a walk this afternoon to take a few photos of what it's like up here.

8586958332_34fec4e3be_c.jpg

CSC_3665 by 77gazza, on Flickr

This is the track to our house. It's up to about 3ft deep.

8585857717_47f1df94d8_c.jpg

CSC_3658 by 77gazza, on Flickr

This is the in-laws. It's about 7ft deep at it's highest here, and we spent a fair part of this afternoon digging the 30 or so metres length that was blocked so that the lone caravaner could get off the site tomorrow morning.

8586953556_21de61fd1d_c.jpg

DSC_3629 by 77gazza, on Flickr

This was a car parked up outside it's owners house in the village.

There is one road through the village. Yesterday, ploughs couldn't get through. Today, the snow blaster, ploughs and gritters have been constantly on the go for about 6 hours, and even then, I'm not sure that the road is clear enough to get in and out, as the snow blows over as quickly as it gets cleared.

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

Less on the roads over the Pennine moors than I might have expected given how much it usually drifts, only a covering rather than feet deep. I might has well been driving with my eyes closed given the visibility with the snow and fog in places though.

Plenty of ice about this morning in Le Tour territory. The drifting makes for great variations in snow depth and some cracking shapes.

The council need to get that road to Oxenhope clear for me for Tuesday pm. I failed miserably to get up it yesterday am.

Plenty of ice about this morning in Le Tour territory. The drifting makes for great variations in snow depth and some cracking shapes.

The council need to get that road to Oxenhope clear for me for Tuesday pm. I failed miserably to get up it yesterday am.

Could do with being clear for me tomorrow if I'm to get to work.

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

Went out in Bradford last night, none of the shopping streets had been cleared of snow. Narrow paths of spread salt had been laid but the city's showpiece ... Millennium Square ... was a complete sheet of ice.

What added insult to potential injury was that: -

- when travelling in on the bus, three Eastern Europeans got on. They couldn't speak a word of English but had been given free bus passes. Why not get these people shifting snow?

- thirty years ago, the bin crews clearedsnow from pavements when the weather prevented refuse collection. Similarly, they could claim overtime for snow clearance duty over the weekend. Why isn't this being done now?

The useless council arranged for half the shops to be knocked down eight years ago, pocketed £50million, erected nothing to replace them, and is now doing its level best to discourage its residents from visiting the remaining ones.

:dry: <_<

Rant over!!

By the way, there's an photo of an former (70's / 80's ?) soccer team on a wall in the Irish Club. One of the team is an Andrew Hindle.

- when travelling in on the bus, three Eastern Europeans got on. They couldn't speak a word of English but had been given free bus passes. Why not get these people shifting snow?

How do you know they couldn't speak English?

How do you know they'd been given free bus passes?

How do you know they don't have jobs that they'd been doing, paying taxes on and therefore possibly expecting the snow to be cleared?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

How do you know they couldn't speak English? Because they couldn't communicate with the bus driver.

How do you know they'd been given free bus passes? Because the bus driver had never seen the type of pass they had been given. They weren't metrocard season tickets.

How do you know they don't have jobs that they'd been doing, paying taxes on and therefore possibly expecting the snow to be cleared? Because one of them was about fourteen, they weren't dressed for work and, to my impression, none of them looked or acted like they were potential Nobel Prize Winners

How do you know they couldn't speak English? Because they couldn't communicate with the bus driver.

How do you know they'd been given free bus passes? Because the bus driver had never seen the type of pass they had been given. They weren't metrocard season tickets.

How do you know they don't have jobs that they'd been doing, paying taxes on and therefore possibly expecting the snow to be cleared? Because one of them was about fourteen, they weren't dressed for work and, to my impression, none of them looked or acted like they were potential Nobel Prize Winners

But presumably the bus driver was an Asian muslim who had stolen an honest Englishman's job?

How did you know the pass was free?

Good that you now what children sent out into the snow in return for bus travel.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

But presumably the bus driver was an Asian muslim who had stolen an honest Englishman's job?

How did you know the pass was free?

Good that you now what children sent out into the snow in return for bus travel.

Are you a natural Div, or have you had to work at it?

There again it could have been a TROLLey bus.

Are you a natural Div, or have you had to work at it?

It's a combination of nature and nurture.