Thursday Night Games

Just looked at the Super 8 fixtures and see Hull get 2 Thursday night matches, Wire v Saints - Widnes v Hull - Cats v Hull

Is somebody taking the proverbial?

Only other Thursday night match is Wire v Saints

So why do the rest get none and Hull get 2 ???

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

Because only 3 of the 7 Thursday TV fixtures have been announced so far

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

Hull also pencilled 8n for rd4 thursday game at Saints. May change with widnes v wigan depending on cup final according to rugbyleagueontv.com

Seems a pointless delay. Why not have it the other way round by default so there's no need to change?

If Hull had wanted to be ignored through the Super 8s, they could have done their usual thing and finished 6th/7th/8th. They've had a great season and this is what comes with it.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

As there isn't a trophy to be had yet, I think I might have prefered finishing 3rd as Wigan don't have a Thursday match yet!

This isn't a pop at other clubs, it's a pop at Sky/RL that we get 2 Thursday night matches.

So if all the other fixtures are arranged, why not the supposed other Thursday games yet?

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Tobias Smollett

Joe E Lewis

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

Hull took the TV money - it's in the Sky contract. End of story.

If Sky want to show games on a Thursday I don't have a problem with it.

A little common sense when it comes to fixture selection wouldn't go amiss though.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

If Sky want to show games on a Thursday I don't have a problem with it.

A little common sense when it comes to fixture selection wouldn't go amiss though.

I can see it from a fans point of view but Sky have stumped up the cash and they can have what they want. If the clubs/RFL had wanted to dictate more to Sky they would have negotiated it in wouldn't they?

Thursday night games prove SL aren't arsed with crowds....case in point wigan v leeds earlier this season drew 13/14k at the DW,last season on a friday night it drew 19/20k..

If you aren't bothered about losing 6k fans then you don't care about em'..

Someone said in the bradford thread about gate money being important to clubs..yeah championship & league 1 clubs,its their biggest source of income...SL clubs it generally isn't..next year the salary cap is being paid for them via the tv money..thats £1.85miliion that the SL clubs don't have to worry about!

Every single SL club should run at decent profit next year! If not they are doing something wrong

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

Does it matter????? 80mins on grass could be played on a Tuesday afternoon makes no difference at all......pathetic thread

Of course it matters. It doesn't take a genius to work out why.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

If people can't be bothered to go to a game because it's on a Thursday then it's them who is not bothered isn't it??? Stop blaming rfl/sl it's down to the fans to go not the league

we scrapped midweek games over 20 years ago and offered cheap tickets for kids to make it a family game. Re-introducing midweek games a couple of years back has delivered a drop, probably because to take your kids you are keeping them out until 11pm on a school night which many wont do.

Does it matter????? 80mins on grass could be played on a Tuesday afternoon makes no difference at all......pathetic thread

As someone that goes to 99% of the games home and away, I think it's very valid!

I like an ale or 2 on match day and work on Fridays.

The Friday night matches are the start of my weekend during the season.

Thursday night games mean a few less ales and an early rise on the Friday morning.

Traveling back from away matches and not getting home till after 1:00 am isn't my ideal but I'll still do it.

So the odd sacrifice is fair enough - but a Thursday night 2 weeks on the trot is a bit rich imo

P.S. if the thread doesn't interest you why comment?  Pathetic! :tongue:

Sir Winston Churchill

Tobias Smollett

Joe E Lewis

I have not seen the TV scheduling, are all the middle 8's to be played on Saturdays as last year?

Leigh have already made the statement that all their games will be on a Saturday the first v. London at 18:00 the rest at 15:00, they claim to have done this to keep preparation for games more or less the same albeit they have stated that other teams have said their games are going to be Friday Nights.

I suppose this is until Sky may think otherwise, but I still can't get my head around that Championship teams will receive no recompense from Sky when their SL opponents do so, even when the game is played and televised from the Championship teams ground.

Edit: Correction:

Just seen the fixtures

Sun 21st Aug. Fev v Leigh.

Sat 3rd Sept HKR v Leigh.

Fri 23rd Sept Leeds v Leigh.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Will we see any random online games broadcast like last year or was that just a test?

Sky Sports xTRA? Tbh I didn't mind that it meant we had potentially 6 games a weekend, was disappointing when it was put on there though when Sky had very little on its TV channels.

Sky Sports xTRA? Tbh I didn't mind that it meant we had potentially 6 games a weekend, was disappointing when it was put on there though when Sky had very little on its TV channels.

yeah I really enjoyed it. The reason it was just online I suspect is that the coverage wasn't up to standard for a Sky live broadcast, they were pretty much taking club feeds, which is fine for online for RL fans, but not for their premier channels.

yeah I really enjoyed it. The reason it was just online I suspect is that the coverage wasn't up to standard for a Sky live broadcast, they were pretty much taking club feeds, which is fine for online for RL fans, but not for their premier channels.

Real bonus that, I hope they do it again.

Archived