Ed Balls

Was it bad?

Very entertaining actually.  He actually seems to be enjoying his involuntary retirement and having fun.  Not great quality though

Certainly having far more fun than most Labour MPs just now.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I started watching SCD because of the, er, talent on it. But I was rumbled by my other half and accused of being a perv.

the memsahib suggests similar when I'm glued to owt wi nigella in

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

He's dancing better than I thought he would.

He does quite a bit of sport, so I think he's quite the competitive type.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I started watching SCD because of the, er, talent on it. But I was rumbled by my other half and accused of being a perv.

I have quite a shine on Karen and Natalie.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Laura Whitmore is extremely talented 8)

Caught by a feckin speed camera. try these I did and it saved me a heap o money and penalty points.

Next week Ed Balls is doing the paso doble to Bonnie Tyler. Proof definite that 2016 is on track for being the weirdest year ever.

Yup. I think it's been pretty well covered in the past on all public vote shows.

But, y'know, something in italics.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Some people seriously need to get a bloody grip. Looking for racism in every minute thing is not healthy.

Are people supposed to vote for people who they think are rubbish or don't like just in case it's perceived as racist? Pathetic.

These idiots are trivialising a horrible trait, racism, by making into a kind of parody. Seriously, ###### off.

Don't be so defensive

It's been observed year after year.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

By who? A bunch of knobheads on twitter with too much time on their hands and not enough sex? Surprised at you endorsing kangaroo court mentality.

The stats on winners and finalists being of not-white status are telling, as noted in that article.

By who? A bunch of knobheads on twitter with too much time on their hands and not enough sex? Surprised at you endorsing kangaroo court mentality.

People tend to be more favourable to people who are like them. It's why, for example, HR departments are filled with Pinot Grigio drinking posh white women. But it's also why every year, without fail, both X Factor and Strictly put black contestants near the bottom of the table when their performances objectively don't merit it.

It's not vile in yer face racism. But it also isn't "oh we're beyond that" twitter moaning.

Perhaps, the fact that most people vote are favourable to people like them applies to all nations

Yes, it probably does.

You'll have to ask JohnM why he drew attention to it this time.  But it has been covered before.

When it comes to Strictly it's hardly important. When you, as a working class northerner, face a judge who is public school educated, do you think you'll be able to brush things off the same way as, say, another public school educated defendant?

That's why this stuff matters.

Yeah but I'm white, we're all in it together. White privilege and stuff.

That's just because most of those morons can't spell intersectionality.

Yes, it probably does.

You'll have to ask JohnM why he drew attention to it this time.  But it has been covered before.

When it comes to Strictly it's hardly important. When you, as a working class northerner, face a judge who is public school educated, do you think you'll be able to brush things off the same way as, say, another public school educated defendant?

That's why this stuff matters.

I drew attention to it because it's just anther load of crop from people who see alleged racism at every turn, even in a innocent entertainment programme and its millions of viewers.

Sure, the topic is Ed Balls, but given that appearance on SCD has raised his profile, there is a relevance.

And right on cue, "we are all guity " comes out of hibernation.

You might be more au fait with the demographics of British judicial system than the rest of us, but it's possible that the terpsichorean (lack of) talent of an East Enders actress have not made much of an impact.

And right on cue, "we are all guity " comes out of hibernation.

Awww, diddums. Did someone say that your little dream world of perfect equality doesn't exist?

The campest Paso ever! Brilliant in a watching-through-fingers kinda way!

Wasn't it ever.  Both the wife and I said he was mincing right from the start.  He balls'ed it up right at the start and it threw him for the rest.

I think Balls just committed an assault live on TV....

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Archived