46 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan
    • St Helens

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wigan to win comfortably I think. Saints have been leaking too many points to trouble Wigan

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Oooooh! Not sure about this.

It is a derby after all, no matter how insignificant compared to the Big One, B)

This season's form says the Pies will have too much but you can never write off Saints.

Wigan 18 Saints 14.

Or maybe the other way round.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

The refereeing will decide this. If Wigan are level on penalties they ought to win. If they are heavily penalised their line defence will be put under too much pressure by Saints' close in attack. I think Wigan's back 5 are very good indeed, and good enough to score mid 20s points.

I am not sure this will be a classic to match Leeds' DW win, but I think the sides are much better matched than when Saints beat us in 2000 (?).

The refereeing will decide this. If Wigan are level on penalties they ought to win. If they are heavily penalised their line defence will be put under too much pressure by Saints' close in attack. I think Wigan's back 5 are very good indeed, and good enough to score mid 20s points.

I am not sure this will be a classic to match Leeds' DW win, but I think the sides are much better matched than when Saints beat us in 2000 (?).

EW, you are Justin Morgan and I etc, etc.

Why on Earth would you think that Wigan might get heavily penalised?

If they overstep the mark, they will deserve being penalised. If they don't, they won't.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Part of me hopes Bentham gets this game! :lol:

Wigan to win for mine.

They seem to be just better.

However I'd be pleased for Mick Potter, Jamie Foster and the other young lads to get a big win under their belts.

It's Silverwood. :D

Edited by Griff9of13

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Can't see past wigan,there defence against the rhinos was awesome.With saints having no half backs i think they will struggle.You can never write off saints but don't think it will be there day again.

I wasn't meaning to suggest that Wigan would be undone by unfair refereeing, rather that either indiscipline from the likes of Joel and Coley or our inability to control the speed of the ptb could lead us to be defending our line against v big lads.

Silverwood is a more than decent referee and we don't have the issues with him we seem to have with Bentham.

I would if Bentham had his time again he might wish his record wasn't so bad for Wigan. I appreciate they go for the right man on the day, but if everything else was equal Cummings wouldn't be human if he gave the nod elsewhere than Bentham.

I don't for a moment any ref ever does less than call the game as they see it, and have never blamed a ref for a Wigan defeat. I consider the disciplinary committee to be fair game mind, as they have the benefit of time for reflection.

Anyway, I liked the look of Wigan for pretty much all of the game on Saturday - it was a very complete focussed performance. We look to be fit and firing and if our kicking game achieves parity we should be well placed. I think Sam at 1 works brilliantly when Deacs is 7, as he can do as he pleases.

So excited about this game. Good luck to Saints, they will be worthy champions if they prevail, having a fair bit of adversity not so much in the number of injuries so much as their concentration in the halves. .

Saints by 8 points for me, their attack is better than Leeds' and they are much more experienced in Grand Finals than wigan are. I expect Cunningham to play out of his skin and i think They have the edge in the kicking game.

"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stuarts-photography/156268557729980

I wasn't meaning to suggest that Wigan would be undone by unfair refereeing, rather that either indiscipline from the likes of Joel and Coley or our inability to control the speed of the ptb could lead us to be defending our line against v big lads.

Silverwood is a more than decent referee and we don't have the issues with him we seem to have with Bentham.

I would if Bentham had his time again he might wish his record wasn't so bad for Wigan. I appreciate they go for the right man on the day, but if everything else was equal Cummings wouldn't be human if he gave the nod elsewhere than Bentham.

I don't for a moment any ref ever does less than call the game as they see it, and have never blamed a ref for a Wigan defeat. I consider the disciplinary committee to be fair game mind, as they have the benefit of time for reflection.

Anyway, I liked the look of Wigan for pretty much all of the game on Saturday - it was a very complete focussed performance. We look to be fit and firing and if our kicking game achieves parity we should be well placed. I think Sam at 1 works brilliantly when Deacs is 7, as he can do as he pleases.

So excited about this game. Good luck to Saints, they will be worthy champions if they prevail, having a fair bit of adversity not so much in the number of injuries so much as their concentration in the halves. .

That's a bit more like the real EW. ;)

Could be a stormer of a game. Wigans defence has been superb but if any team can crack it then it's Saints.

St Helens 22-18 Wigan. Match winning try by KC about three feet to the right of the posts. :D Oh, from about two yards out. :)

Edited by Chairman M

Leicester Saint

Wigan 76 - Saints 0

A pint of what he's drinking please landlord! :D

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

It's quite a while since Wigan were favourites to beat Saints in a final. I look forward to see how their "brilliant" players cope with that kind of pressure on Saturday.

Nonetheless I wish we had a fully fit Kyle and Leon at HB and that we didnt have Francis Meli playing on the wing.

Don't mind who wins.....

Hoping for a fine evening weather wise for some top of the ground, crisp handling rugby.

Looking forward to seeing a good open game. Both sides like to move the ball about a bit and if we get an untypical, non grinding final then I will be more than happy. I've only seen Sam Tomkins on the telly before so looking forward to seeing him in the broader, live perspective from full back. I also hope that one of the unsung heroes in Coley has a good game and that Cunningham brings down the curtain on his career with some aplomb.

Not been to a big RL occasion like this since the 1995 world cup final so I'm all breath bated.

May the best team win.

One thing that concerns me slightly about the week end is that both teams seem to be becoming more conservative as the season goes on, with Saints relying on scoring from within 10m of the line and Wigan having seemingly put flowing back moves more on hold in the last couple of weeks. I hope one team goes a couple of scores up so the other throws the ball around more. This could get tight and attritional if we're not careful.

I hope I'm worrying unduly.