Sheffield Away

RIGGY

Awesome win for the boys today. Just make Sheffield think they are going to win and then snatch it away in the 78th minute !!!

Great team performance today well done to everyone

Riggy

And if Swinton win, Workington lose and Oldham get destroyed......,,

HaHa, like it. And so true. Oldham played their cup final against us last week and couldn't back it up. We, on the other hand had to make amends for a shoddy performance. And what a game. The lads really know how to dish out heart attacks and nail biting finishes, but every man gave their all and we came away with the result. Must also say that it was especially difficult considering the penalty count against us. Sheffields body language at full time said it all. They were distraught, and I feel sorry for whoever they play next week. Our boys displayed superior and greater skill, team spirit and fitness all over a "full time" club. Keep it up for the rest of the games please.

They issued a statement to the Rugby League World via their website on Friday.

Still a great performance by the Lions.  

Not many people taking about it yet.

Sad news about Sheffield on the BBC site today, maybe they knew and their minds weren't on the game. I hope they pull through.

Thanks for that.

Don't discredit your players,though

The last couple of games between the sides have only been a couple of points.

Our defence had improved greatly for the past half dozen games.

Your players scored 40 away from home against full timers.

You defended gallanly;especially defending your try line in the latter stages.

Atkin is an intelligent player as well as a skilful player.You were very quick around the ruck.

The attitude,and fighting spirit,and team work of The Lions was terrific.

Enjoy!   Good luck with the rest of the fixtures.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

In my opinion the win on Sunday was the best of the season.

We've had good wins against Batley and Halifax but Sunday's win was superior for a few reasons.

Firstly we looked like a team again with a plan. The forwards run harder and got to the last tackle and the half backs appeared to know what they was doing with the high bomb which was far better than we've done all season.

Although we shipped 38 points I do think the defence was good and we defended our line on many occasions.

Hopefully we can play exactltv the same way in our next match with the same game plan.

Just seen the highlights on Sheffield Eagles TV link - and it is certainly impressive never say die attitude - the response of the players at the final hooter was good to see - once again Josh was his usual compassionate self when shaking hands with the Sheffield team.

I was hoping to see the game first on Lions TV - but could not resist watching it via Sheffield's web page.

Archived