Featherstone Rhinohawks

Chairman LMAO

The dreaded DR lands at our friends from P.O.R.

So glad this isn't us again.  Worst thing ever for the game.

I hated DR, even when it worked ok for us in out Championship final year, though we all tried to rationalise it and said it was different from all the others.

Whichever path other clubs choose to take is up to them, however, it is at times like this when the many remarks made by their supporters seem all the more ironic. All those 'selling our soul' comments seem utterly pointless now.

Still, it will be different for them, no one will tell their coach who to pick etc etc.

I hated DR, even when it worked ok for us in out Championship final year, though we all tried to rationalise it and said it was different from all the others.

Whichever path other clubs choose to take is up to them, however, it is at times like this when the many remarks made by their supporters seem all the more ironic. All those 'selling our soul' comments seem utterly pointless now.

Still, it will be different for them, no one will tell their coach who to pick etc etc.

The last part... Their chairman does at post office road.. I remember when we were due to get hardman on loan & week after he was in fev side

It's a load of carp - only a month ago the Club had no plans for DR and were going to give the youngsters a chance. There'll be bleating when we're let down by Leeds at some point during the season. There's also rumour on the Fev board that the Seagulls are going DR with Cas.......

It never really did us a lot of good (certainly on the pitch).  Think the loan system is a much better way to bring in additional bodies.  DR is too unpredictable - you never know when players are gonna be hauled back to the parent club and it MUST breed discontent amongst the permanent members of the squad.  Can see a whole world of pain opening up for Featherstone (and potentially Sheffield) off the back of this. 

I can understand it for Sheffield as they are short of players as there really isnt that many about at the moment but for Fev its just a result of mis-management. On the other hand you cant blame Jon Sharp though as he is trying the best with the hand he has been dealt but with a pack with less back bone than a rich tea biscuit left in coffee for more than 2 seconds he has to bring some players in from somewhere.

Surprised at this, as Featherstone look to have a very decent squad on paper. They've also spent hundreds of thousands developing their youth set-up, and as a result have some very promising young players on their books who need game-time in order to fulfil their potential.

Isn't there a huge paradox in them engaging with a system which is primarily aimed at developing players for another club?

r02c.gif

The detail looks even worse to me, or am I just paranoid?

Last season Leeds had a DR with Hunslet. This season Leeds have a DR with Fev, and Fev have a DR with Hunslet: is this simply Leeds controlling the whole chain?

The GH/DR tentacles spread slowly but surely.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

The dreaded DR lands at our friends from P.O.R.

So glad this isn't us again.  Worst thing ever for the game.

Nonsense. It's good for superdooper league therefore it's good for the rest of us.

We need to learn our place and be grateful for the scraps that we're given.

Where have you been for the last twenty years or so, Chairman?

:devil:

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

That said, we have benefitted hugely in the past. (Most noticeably) McGilvary, Griffin helped us and themselves in their time with us - and also their parent club. But both those players (and, I guess we should add Alex Brown to their number) were with us for the season - none of the chopping & changing dependent upon availability.

We had some kind of stroke of genius to which we signed Brown on loan just in time for the NRC final. Brain darts and whatever in the Fairbank saga should not put us off DR or we will get left behind. However, it does have to benefit us and not just the parent club. Now, speaking of Alex Brown, what is the latest regarding his status as a Fax player?

Jake connor josh johnson karl fairbank or access to giants private health care scheme regardless the scheme has come and gone

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Can anyone please clarify what are the exact conditions re DR? How many DR players can be in the "recipient" team match day squad? Is there any cut off point in the league season relating to only using those DR players who have played a specific number of times? Also am I correct in thinking that if a DR player appears in a Super 8 match he is then ineligible to play for his "proper" team again that season? I have something at the back of my mind that says Oldham, I think, were not allowed by Giants to play any DR in the Play offs in case they were needed to cover injuries to Giants regulars. Might have that completely wrong though.

That said, we have benefitted hugely in the past. (Most noticeably) McGilvary, Griffin helped us and themselves in their time with us - and also their parent club. But both those players (and, I guess we should add Alex Brown to their number) were with us for the season - none of the chopping & changing dependent upon availability.

Weren't they loan signings rather than DR?  Can't remember.

The resentment factor must be massive.

"You are on the clubs books and are happy with the set up, you have a family and 9-5 job. Spend many hours after work tackling rush hour traffic to get to training and slog it out with your team mates. You believe in a strong championship and realise super league is a punt too far for your capabilities and your clubs"

You are dropped to the bench/ 18th man for joe blog's because he needs game time or his parent club realises he is a prospect that needs championship exposure....

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Weren't they loan signings rather than DR?  Can't remember.

Griffin definitely DR.

95% sure McGilvary was too.

Bit of uncertainty regarding AB - his status was changed mid-season so that he could play in the NR Cup.

The important thing, though, was that they were all with us for the season. Effectively no different from the rest of the squad. The players (and supporters) could have confidence the whole team was selected on merit.

I wouldn't mind a young promising player (or two) joining from a SL club with a view to learning his trade. But no more than two, and for the whole season.

Griffin definitely DR.

Bit of uncertainty regarding AB - his status was changed mid-season so that he could play in the NR Cup.

The important thing, though, was that they were all with us for the season. Effectively no different from the rest of the squad. The players (and supporters) could have confidence the whole team was selected on merit.

I wouldn't mind a young promising player (or two) joining from a SL club with a view to learning his trade. But no more than two, and for the whole season.

Mcgilvary was 100% loan both times

Wood,griffin and brown up to nrc 2010 were dual reg

Griffin hodgson were in 2011 were dual reg

2012 we didn't have any dual reg apart from dan fleming who didn't play a game

Griffin definitely DR.

I think they call that a loan SJS.

HTH

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

DR rules are changing this year so in Super 8's more flexible about only playing for one Club if played a certain number of games for the Club where you are not registered player. Think can have 5 loan or DR players. Not certain yet of rules as not DR with anyone not a priority at moment.

the RFL says that dual-registered players who have played eight or more fixtures on dual-reg can continue to play for both their parent club and partner club after the deadline

IMG_0583.JPG

I can understand it for Sheffield as they are short of players as there really isnt that many about at the moment but for Fev its just a result of mis-management. On the other hand you cant blame Jon Sharp though as he is trying the best with the hand he has been dealt but with a pack with less back bone than a rich tea biscuit left in coffee for more than 2 seconds he has to bring some players in from somewhere.

yeh, before you know it we'll be out with the begging buckets again.oh! hang on a minute, that wasn't us.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Archived