Germany 32 Wales Dragonhearts 40

P-layed for Vikings at u18s level , didnt play many games due to age ? His grandad set up the Ship Inn team(25years ago) that turned into Holderness Vikings over the years . Vikings are having a 25 year dinning next Saturday at HKRs ground .

I think what also needs to be mentioned is the crowd.

I guess there were approx. 300-400 people and the atmoshere were brilliant. Compared to matches I attended a few years ago (vs Serbia and Italy) it is a massive step forward. Seems like RL in Germany is making progress.

Hope to see more internationals in the future and at some point a club competition.

Read like it was a great game.Germany seem to be going in the right direction. The 3 to 4 hundred at the game need to drag their mates along for the next Germany game to show them a great sport.Also nice to read that the majority of the team were Germany born and bred. Good in the future Germany.

Ben Dent (york) born in Germany.Ben White (swinton) his Mother is German and Andy Hoggins (Oxford) born in Germany. Mitch Every is Aussie Living in Bremen since 5 years. Eddie Briggs was in British Army live in Germany for over 12 years.

So how are Ben Dent and Andrew Hoggins heritage players then?

I mean over season players not Heritage players. Real Shame Germany lost as better team the whole game. The 3 tries at the Start of the second was the Killer.16 16 at ht. The Domestic players really stepped up to learn to be better League players. This allowed the class of Mitch Evers, Ben White, Ben Dent and Andy Hoggins causing Wales No end of Problems. Should be a Video going out soon. The 400 people all payed 5 Euros to get in. Germany has Potential but we sadly have little money. No money from Government or the Statement. No Sponsor and No money from RLEF Directory though they help us with Coaching and Match officials. I Guess many nations like this

I mean over season players not Heritage players. Real Shame Germany lost as better team the whole game. The 3 tries at the Start of the second was the Killer.16 16 at ht. The Domestic players really stepped up to learn to be better League players. This allowed the class of Mitch Evers, Ben White, Ben Dent and Andy Hoggins causing Wales No end of Problems. Should be a Video going out soon. The 400 people all payed 5 Euros to get in. Germany has Potential but we sadly have little money. No money from Government or the Statement. No Sponsor and No money from RLEF Directory though they help us with Coaching and Match officials. I Guess many nations like this

At least that's £2k that helps towards the costs etc. A positive step forward for Deutschland

What exactly is the set up? Are there any domestic clubs?

No teams as such, but a few 9s events are played in the area between Dortmund und Bremen in Summer. Its hoped that in time, from 9s a couple of 13s teams can be built using players from an area - For instance Dortmund/Bochum Münster/Paderborn Karlshöfen-Gnarrenburg/Osnabrück. But Karlshöfen and Osnabrück are over 2 hours drive from each other, so would probably just get together on the day. A few others live in Leipzig, Berlin, Karlsruhe, Rottweil (South of Stuttgart) and would just join a team for a day or something. The problem is the distances involved both in distance and time, doesnt make it easy. For instance Karlshöfen is around 4 hours away from Dortmund, but the journey can take up to 8 hours in summer when the 9s are on. The Train is quite expensive as they are in different states, so no real cheap tickets and the Trains are not very reliable at times.

The Train is quite expensive as they are in different states, so no real cheap tickets and the Trains are not very reliable at times.

You don't seriously expect us to believe that German trains aren't reliable do you?

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

You don't seriously expect us to believe that German trains aren't reliable do you?

Not just unreliable, but the cooling system doesnt work in summer and the heating doesnt work too well in Winter. Since they were sold by the Government the Deutsche Bahn has a very poor reputation.

That's true Odsal Outlaw , they used to be spot on every time the first time i went to Germany a few years ago , but this year i went to Berlin in May and the rickety old train i was on broke down enroute from Berlin airport to Berlin City Centre , waiting for it to be fixed for over an hour, and we thought exactly the same as you before this happened  . I use trains a lot in England going to gigs etc, and the last few years never known a train that i have been on to be late or break down , so can see where Lounge Room lizard is coming from , or not if he's on a train in Germany.

What happened to NRL Deutschland fundraiser which were initiated last year? Haven't seen any adds recently.

The build up to the match was on facebook NRL Deutschland only. Adds in local/regional newspaper might increase crowd figures. The people I met enjoyed the entertaining game. So I'd assume some of them and others would attend Deutschland games in the future if they're aware of.

No teams as such, but a few 9s events are played in the area between Dortmund und Bremen in Summer. Its hoped that in time, from 9s a couple of 13s teams can be built using players from an area - For instance Dortmund/Bochum Münster/Paderborn Karlshöfen-Gnarrenburg/Osnabrück. But Karlshöfen and Osnabrück are over 2 hours drive from each other, so would probably just get together on the day. A few others live in Leipzig, Berlin, Karlsruhe, Rottweil (South of Stuttgart) and would just join a team for a day or something. The problem is the distances involved both in distance and time, doesnt make it easy. For instance Karlshöfen is around 4 hours away from Dortmund, but the journey can take up to 8 hours in summer when the 9s are on. The Train is quite expensive as they are in different states, so no real cheap tickets and the Trains are not very reliable at times.

Thanks LRL.

rldfsignature.jpg

Not just unreliable, but the cooling system doesnt work in summer and the heating doesnt work too well in Winter. Since they were sold by the Government the Deutsche Bahn has a very poor reputation.

Farce!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

This was in the local Osnabrück paper on the week leading to the game http://www.noz.de/deutschland-welt/os-sport/artikel/792909/wall-trifft-in-eversburg-mit-nationalteam-auf-wales-1 Many local papers are weekly in Germany so maybe the match report is later. Will post if I know something

Archived