Big Game tonight

lifer

Big game tonight at Craven Park against North Wales Crusaders, hopefully some away fans to have a crack with and add to the atmosphere, lets get down and get behind Cresta and the lads...

Although the Leigh players were commited to Barrow at the start of the season, I don't think that's the case now. I think Cresta has to have a talk. From Newcastle at home to this, I don't think so.

Well ,everyone asked for crests to be returned to the position of head coach .

So let's have a look at his record ???? Yes nothing won what so ever .

W have played 4 average teams at home and twice been beaten , in let's face it the lowest league we can go in .

Mr Carrey has to hold his hand up and say yes the team's got no structure no rhythm no poise just absolute nothing .

Just look at the gates now and draw comparisons. The barrow public are not stupid ,they will follow there team when heart fast open rugby is played , but I don't know what that was suppose to be tonight .

Thing I will stick to watching the local teams now

W have played 4 average teams at home and twice been beaten , in let's face it the lowest league we can go in .

Mr Carrey has to hold his hand up and say yes the team's got no structure no rhythm no poise just absolute nothing .

Just look at the gates now and draw comparisons. The barrow public are not stupid ,they will follow there team when heart fast open rugby is played , but I don't know what that was suppose to be tonight .

Looked at them and slightly above last year..now with over 100 youngsters and 17 local coaches involved in the Super Lotto Development Program..a team that is growing and aiming for greater things, a determined board and coaching staff that aim to give the town a sustainable structure leading to an academy team. The reduction in the club debt, additional funding ideas, improved facilities throughout the ground, one of the best pitches in the league ( thanks Dick), largest following in the league, one of the most respected coaches in championship rugby.

Sorry we don't meet your expectations but we are really trying to produce a Club that can deliver the best entertaining environment for all who pay good money to come and see a competitive team and a Club that has vision.

Remember you can't win them all and Rome was not built in a day...but I know Cresta and his team are the true future of this club.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

Bye then ....

Although the Leigh players were commited to Barrow at the start of the season, I don't think that's the case now. I think Cresta has to have a talk. From Newcastle at home to this, I don't think so.

I think that's a sweeping statement and a bit harsh, for me the stand out player last night was Bullock, he was immense and I did like the attitude of the new lad Tracey.  Ward was below par but looked to be carrying an injury, Bate went off after a very short spell and he looked injured. Briscoe has the potential to be a good player but seems to want to have a scrap with every opponent. 

Last night we were simply beaten by a better team, who didn't need to resort to the ugly tactics, they were organised, especially in defence and I think we were lucky to score at all.  The game may have taken a different turn if you now who had the courage to show the red card early in the first half, it opened the flood gates to constant foul play, he could have and should have had the yellow card permanently in his hand, Murray will have known the history between him (I can't even say the name) and Barrow and knew no matter what they did they wouldn't be penalised, overall Crusaders didn't need his help.   

We were just outplayed and out enthused simple as, Crusaders defence knew our attacking gameplans and had cover there all the time.....we have a threadbare squad and some players are playing with knocks which doesn't help.

I thought the Leigh lads played well last night ???

Hewer was simply awful ..... let the game get away from him and lost control but I don't expect anything else from him to be honest but he wasn't the reason we got turned over last night.

Onward and upward !! If we make the play offs I will be very happy.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

Don't think I would point finger at Leigh lads - Joe Bullock was only player in a blue shirt looked to be up for it.

We were outplayed, out coached and they had the sense to know how to play a ref who doesn't have a red card.

The question is whether the Barrow lads had a bad night and were carrying injuries or whether they are not up to it and we need to start again.

Last night was very disappointing.

Shipbuilider01.png

Pretty poor last night, but unfortunately to me that result has been coming for a while as we laboured to wins against the likes of London and Gloucester, apart from patches in the Gateshead game, we haven't played well for a while. What concerns me most is the lack of a game plan and structure, we get away with it against the poor sides but not against the likes of North Wales. Lots of work for Cresta to do. How many times did the ball end up unexpectedly in the arms of a forward on the last tackle? Just who is organizing out there? Josh Ward and for some part Lupton have got to take charge more and organize. Just witness the masterclass put on by their scrum half Dallimore. Give Marwood a chance.

Summing up- 2nd best in every area (including the "dark arts" which North wales were proficient at). Worrying times ahead as we still have to travel to Keighley, Oldham and York.

As for questioning the Leigh lads, where would we be without Joe Bullock? the only one of our 9 or 10 forwards to match theirs!

Still be there at Cheltenham for Oxford game mind ;)

Looked at them and slightly above last year..now with over 100 youngsters and 17 local coaches involved in the Super Lotto Development Program..a team that is growing and aiming for greater things, a determined board and coaching staff that aim to give the town a sustainable structure leading to an academy team. The reduction in the club debt, additional funding ideas, improved facilities throughout the ground, one of the best pitches in the league ( thanks Dick), largest following in the league, one of the most respected coaches in championship rugby.

Sorry we don't meet your expectations but we are really trying to produce a Club that can deliver the best entertaining environment for all who pay good money to come and see a competitive team and a Club that has vision.

Remember you can't win them all and Rome was not built in a day...but I know Cresta and his team are the true future of this club.

Well said Soss, we have a three year plan lets stick to it and build on solid foundations!

Whoso sheds his blood with me on this field shall be my brother - Henry V

Wow, we are really struggling and won 'all lol?

Team P W D L F A Diff Pts Keighley Cougars 13 11 0 2 481 239 242 22 Oldham RLFC 14 11 0 3 517 280 237 22 North Wales Crusaders 13 9 1 3 446 197 249 19 York City Knights 13 9 0 4 484 230 254 18 BARROW RAIDERS 14 9 0 5 440 244 196 18

Whoso sheds his blood with me on this field shall be my brother - Henry V

I think most fans are quite happy with the progress the club is making, and whichever league we are in next year will carry on being patient if a substantial squad strengthening takes place in the close season. 

As for last nights match, I agree the crusaders have one of the strongest defenses in the league, and a very good kicking game. Unfortunately they are also one of the dirtiest teams in the league, and as another poster said their coach knew all about the Ref with no name. They were fast off the line, and then didn't bother with the line. They gave out some good flat passes, which then developed into forward passes. They were good at wrestling in the ruck, which then turned into blatant laying on especially the no 8. But the worst part was the fact there was a dangerous spear tackle, a punch, and a possible bite, plus about 10 high tackles, and from this there was two yellow for them, one for the spear tackle and another for brawling, despite the fact that the ref and his assistants must have seen most of them, all that resulted was, I think, three players being put on report, which doesn't help the raiders at all. After one incident the so called brilliant no 7 crept out to the wing behind his forwards, while the ref was looking for him. I wouldn't have missed it, great game.

fair do's, Barrow tried bullying us at the Racecourse and lost...maybe a case of same again....

But one of our fans did say that Hewer isn't fit to ref a kid's game, never mind grown-ups, so same for both sides....

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

Best team won. Simple.

We are playing very poor at the moment.

A shadow of the side which looked so impressive in the pre season friendlies.

Maybe we are just carrying too many injuries.

Guess we just need to accept that this is a rebuilding season.

I predict bigger and better things in 2016 !

baaarrow.png

As a club we needed to build from the bottom up which is what the bod and coaching staff are doing, and I for one applaud them for it, no fan can expect us to be world beaters in one season. Patience is the key word, after all we are in season one of cresta's three season plan. Carry on the good work...Gaz.

As a club we needed to build from the bottom up which is what the bod and coaching staff are doing, and I for one applaud them for it, no fan can expect us to be world beaters in one season. Patience is the key word, after all we are in season one of cresta's three season plan. Carry on the good work...Gaz.

And there will be some low points over the next couple of years. The important thing is not to have any knee jerk reaction when those low points happen. Stick to the plan,and build from solid foundations. It's not about short termism it's

about ensuring we have a viable club for the future.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

I thought we were beaten by a better team, simple as that, but the effort was there to see

There were clearly a lot of injuries with nobody available for interchange at the end of the game, so I wish Cresta the best of luck fielding a fully fit 17 this week. I don't think he had that option this week.

For me we didn't seem to have any backs other that Liam Campbell who could make a break and score or put people away to score.

Archived