Todays Game

Tyrone Shoelaces

A win is a win, but I guess that Killer will be much less than happy.  To concede 22 second half points scoring only 8, with London having 2 players sin-binned and on a team warning, raises some uncomfortable questions at this crucial stage.  62 points conceded in 2 games - ouch!  I see that Crooky was absent today, but Yates 100% with the boot and no drs!

At least that's the away days over until Toulouse who put 46 past York today.   So, now we are 6 points ahead of Barrow & York with tomorrow's games to come.

Need to get refocused and a settled team for those 3 tough home games. 

Crooky injured. Only one half back: Yatesey had a blinder - best game in a Hornets shirt. Wayno's 80 metre try worth the admission alone. Ended up with forwards playing out of position due to injuries/re-shuffles. Two tries at the death make it look like a contest. London pig-ugly spoilers. Hornets started fast and basically declared and set London a run-chase. Don't think you can make a fair appraisal from just the stats. 

First time we've won down there in years - so zero complaints from here. Only uncomfortable question is where Skolars got an att. of 350 from. Half that at best. Hornets fans provided what atmosphere there was.

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

That's a top result considering Skolars away has been a real graveyard for Hornets in recent years.

No Crooky, couple of lads carrying knocks, and a couple of key injuries during the game cant have helped with forwards playing along the back division for the last few minutes probably goes someway to explaining the closeness of the end score line.

Superb response to last weeks shocker at Barrow and its sounds like the bolt form Kirkholt scored a blinder.......what did I tell you? there's still life in the old boy yet! :drag:

Archived