Willie Mason to Rovers ?

why?

:D

Theres only HKR allowed to be called Rovers apparently

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

I assume the NQ Cowboys are quite happy to let Mr Mason go as it will reduce their salary cap a fair way. He is yesterdays man merely living off his reputation. Even with NSW having a pretty bad run and using loads of players this year Willie could get picked. It's a pretty sad sight to see a SL club even vaguely interested in him.

If I was a Featherstone fan I'd be quite relieved he wasn't coming.

Of course with a couple of his former Roosters team mates across the city at the KC, he would have a few mates to keep him company. Not sure if that's good or not though...

the cowboys game i watch other day big willie was outstanding, he came up with some great hits and plenty of tackle busts with offloads so i dowt they will be wanting to get rid of him if they can help it :huh:

COME ON THE CORN

CLASSY CAS 4EVA

Go Go Go York City Knights!

This could raise Hull KR's profile to glamour status down under, like it did for Wire when Joey signed.

Whatever you think of Mason he is one Aussie that will be known over here to sports fans and put bums on seats.

A few days ago I was close to starting a thread with a poll asking which team people thought of when they heard/read 'Rovers'.

Reckoned no ###### would care though!

I always think of Featherstone. Or Blackburn.

One thing that does annoy me is the way Stevo refers to Hull KR as 'the Rovers'. Usually used in a sentence like 'The Rovers need to get the message out...'

Of course they do mate. 'Course they do.

This could raise Hull KR's profile to glamour status down under, like it did for Wire when Joey signed.

Whatever you think of Mason he is one Aussie that will be known over here to sports fans and put bums on seats.

He also puts pi$$ on the streets. Willie Mason and glamour in the same sentence. :lol::lol::lol:

rldfsignature.jpg

A few days ago I was close to starting a thread with a poll asking which team people thought of when they heard/read 'Rovers'.

Reckoned no ###### would care though!

So you did anyway? :rolleyes::P

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I assume the NQ Cowboys are quite happy to let Mr Mason go as it will reduce their salary cap a fair way. He is yesterdays man merely living off his reputation. Even with NSW having a pretty bad run and using loads of players this year Willie could get picked. It's a pretty sad sight to see a SL club even vaguely interested in him.

If I was a Featherstone fan I'd be quite relieved he wasn't coming.

Of course with a couple of his former Roosters team mates across the city at the KC, he would have a few mates to keep him company. Not sure if that's good or not though...

From what I've read, he's been very good for the Cowboys this year; there was even a push from some commentators for him to earn an origin recall and a report last week suggested that an unlikely return to the Bulldogs might even be on the cards.

IMO, if he's hungry and in form, Big Willie is the kind of high profile signing that would enrich Rovers and SL.

Between us and Huddersfield, according to the man himself;

"I have nothing left to achieve in Australia and I want to give the Super League a go," Mason told the Mail.

"You could say it's now a two-horse race between Hull KR and Huddersfield. Bradford, Salford and Catalans were also mentioned to me, but I'd say it's between those two.

http://www.sporthull.co.uk/headlines/HULL-...il/article.html

Edited by RedPhoenix

Hull Kingston Rovers RLFC

The Pride Of East Yorkshire

From what I've read, he's been very good for the Cowboys this year; there was even a push from some commentators for him to earn an origin recall and a report last week suggested that an unlikely return to the Bulldogs might even be on the cards.

IMO, if he's hungry and in form, Big Willie is the kind of high profile signing that would enrich Rovers and SL.

Well, I can only go on what I've seen of him on TV, but he doesn't seem to have the same presence as he once did. Yes, he was mentioned as regards to an Origin place, but he didn't get picked. This was a NSW side that had Trent Barrett as the best no6 in the state. The same NSW team that has lost 5 series in a row. As for enriching SL, well, given the guys track record off the field, he may certainly make it more interesting.

I guess we come back to the age old argument of whether you try to promote young British talent or import an over-the-hill foreigner.

Between us and Huddersfield, according to the man himself;

"I have nothing left to achieve in Australia and I want to give the Super League a go," Mason told the Mail.

"You could say it's now a two-horse race between Hull KR and Huddersfield. Bradford, Salford and Catalans were also mentioned to me, but I'd say it's between those two.

http://www.sporthull.co.uk/headlines/HULL-...il/article.html

That to me say I have no chance of playing SSO or for Australia again.

Also from the same atricle

"I don't want to go to a side that are going to lose by 30 or 40 points on a regular basis. I want to go to a well established club that has a fair crack of winning the title."

Shows he's not done much research into this and that he's probably just using SL as a way of getting a better deal in the NRL, like he did a couple of years ago when he was linked with FC and the Crusaders.

dexterue2.png

That to me say I have no chance of playing SSO or for Australia again.

Also from the same atricle

"I don't want to go to a side that are going to lose by 30 or 40 points on a regular basis. I want to go to a well established club that has a fair crack of winning the title."

Shows he's not done much research into this and that he's probably just using SL as a way of getting a better deal in the NRL, like he did a couple of years ago when he was linked with FC and the Crusaders.

Correct.

Although I'm not sure about Sean Long being the messiah though...