Hey, were on the telly!

T Dub

Finally got to watch the Cup Final yesterday and saw a couple of mates, fortysomething professionals, doing the classic excitably pointing at the screen thing as they saw themselves

Over the years I guess most of us will have caught a brief glimpse of ourslves on the telly.

GB v NZ at Blackburn made me realise how white my hair had gone.

Any anecdotes?

1986 premiership final at Elland Rd.

I was seen laughing at Bob Jackon's try from the classic set piece, "the miss-kicked drop goal attempt".

A guy I took was waving his arms manically next to me at the time, dunno why, there was no big screen in them days.

Still got that on video obviously, treasured game, until recent years.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

Not me, but then I'm usually on the same side as the cameras - and before anyone says, it is not me screaming like a banshee to gerrem onside. Tends to be away crowds I spot people. Came close myself in Warrington, but was covered by someone else

Seen quite a few others though, and always have a looksie

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

I've never been caught (always buried at the back somewhere) but for a period of 4 years or so my daughter was on at least once during every tv game, has been in the local rag on numerous occaissions, is in Longy's book and has appeared on the cover of a couple of books about saints.

We used to joke that she got more coverage than the team

9th July 1988 - looking calm and assured amidst a sea of confusion.

-_-

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Too many times to count, I sit a few rows directly behind a black bloke in the East Stand who is mad as a hatter and therefore gets picked up on Sky at least once a game after we score. I don't know whether its intentional to show the game as multi-cultural or just because he goes crazy, but they seem to zoom in on him a lot.

Edited by giwildgo

Warriors_Logo_Band_396.jpg

oderint dum metuant

thought it was funny when hanleys girlfriend spotted herself on the big screen, she started making a grab for hanley then realised she was on telly and tried to look cool about it :lol:

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

made my tv debut back in 1997 against Hull Sharks. My most recent was celebrating beating Saints at Warrington last year.

My mate Tansey is on everytime Huddersfield are on sky. Hes the middle aged bloke who wears the claret and gold arabic hat. Im sure he has a contract withtem.

1986 premiership final at Elland Rd.

I was seen laughing at Bob Jackon's try from the classic set piece, "the miss-kicked drop goal attempt".

A guy I took was waving his arms manically next to me at the time, dunno why, there was no big screen in them days.

Still got that on video obviously, treasured game, until recent years.

Just watched it again.

5 yd offsides, "scrums", no video ref.

Quite a contrast to today, never mind me being only 25 then. ;)

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

tv? There was a GB test match many years ago at Headingley and they were interviewing a player live (so no chance to edit) and I walked past and waved at the camera and then did it again about 5 times...well I thought it was funny but all seems so juvenile now!

I was on the opening credits of grandstand every week for about a year in the mid 80s - jumping up and down in delight as Ronnie Duane dived over the line at Knowsley Road. I must have been about 14 or so.

(I remember when we used to actually win there.)

There was also a close up shot of me and my Aussie mate at Huddersfield during the famous world cup semi - I was waving a Wales flag and my mate an Australian one. Stevo then commented on "Wales and Australia fans standing side by side".

Incidentally before that match I printed out dozens of lyric sheets with the Welsh national anthem written phonetically and handed them around the crowd before the game. It sounded ace as I recall :D

Too many to mention but there was one time at Hull. Karl Pryce had signed for Glawster so I put my Glawster RUFC shirt on. I think there was a minutes silence before the match and the camera scanned the crowd. Cue several texts saying "what are you doing wearing a Glawster shirt" and "are you at Hull?". Plus one saying "Oi Mortis, look behind you" only to see fellow Donkey Smiler stood just up from me.

I'm not mad but I am...

Donkeys forever, forever Donkeys!

I'm clearly visible twice in 'Another Bloody Sunday' - the bit where Donny come to Hornets in the cup. I knew that the cameras were going to be there, so I wore a red jacket in the hope that it'd be easier to spot. I'm seen gesticulating like a loony with my friend Mark, then seen running back from the tea bar. I was 15.

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

I've been on loads - best was the first game at JJB when we knocked WIgan out of the Play offs - I had a HUGE black and amber checkered flag and was picked out of the crowd - that made it on the season review DVD also!

Been in the programme a few times and was also on a few times at Hull KR v Saints Premiership final in 1985 - the same day of the GOd awful Bradford City fire.

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Been in the programme a few times and was also on a few times at Hull KR v Saints Premiership final in 1985 - the same day of the GOd awful Bradford City fire.

Ah - my ugly fizzog (and 'fizzique') apprears prominently in this week's 'Game On' matchday mag in the feature on supporters trusts/tag RL. I'm in the back row of last year's victorious Rochdale Swarm Tag team. At last, my career is recognised :lol:

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

Ah - my ugly fizzog (and 'fizzique') apprears prominently in this week's 'Game On' matchday mag in the feature on supporters trusts/tag RL. I'm in the back row of last year's victorious Rochdale Swarm Tag team. At last, my career is recognised :lol:

I feel I just have to follow you on Twitter now!!!

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Only once to my knowledge for rugby and that was the 99 Challenge Cup semi final where whenever London scored they had to cut to the same group of a few hundred fans. Even so I'm visible for about half a second in total.

I've been visible on S4C loads though as they always liked to follow Aberystwyth Town and me, Ripken and a couple of others followed them home and away for a couple of years. I especially remember being caught leaping like a loon behind the goal when 'we' equalised at Caernarfon.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I think I was on telly during the Rhinos/Catalans playoff match last year, had a cameraman come nearby and point the camera at me.

French TV though, so couldn't tape it

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

I feel I just have to follow you on Twitter now!!!

If you want to hear me griping about work, complaining about the inlaws, slagging off Blackpool Panthers or shamelessly plugging my various delusional music careers, then I'm probably very good value.

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

If you want to hear me griping about work, complaining about the inlaws, slagging off Blackpool Panthers or shamelessly plugging my various delusional music careers, then I'm probably very good value.

Well you sound more intersting than Martin Offiah......done deal!

made my tv debut back in 1997 against Hull Sharks. My most recent was celebrating beating Saints at Warrington last year.

My mate Tansey is on everytime Huddersfield are on sky. Hes the middle aged bloke who wears the claret and gold arabic hat. Im sure he has a contract withtem.

Tanseys finest hour was doing the Haka on the pool table in The Railway Club, Warrington after we won there the other year

Legend

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.