Yorkshire cup

North Hull Knights v Fryston warriors at

shaw Park 3/12/16

This should b tasty after all what happened in there final early this year. As I no it, it was mainly the supporters of Fryston who caused all the trouble. Wonder if there all come to Hull and cause the same trouble!!

I don't think anybody from Fryston contributes on this website but I saw them hammer Sharlston 80-0 yesterday and they are a very good side.They seem to have all there semi-pros back from Oxford and have a lot of team spirit which goes over the top at times leading to lack of respect for the opposition which I don't like!Hoping to get to the game on Saturday and wish North Hull all the best.

Lets hope they have some strong officials for the semi final v Siddal....no doubt they will want to do the same as upton tried,ie constant foul play,the majority of the siddal team are 20 and under,and hammered upton 58-18.....They will also want the scalp of the national conference winners....it has all the making off a good game ,lets hope it is

Lets hope they have some strong officials for the semi final v Siddal....no doubt they will want to do the same as upton tried,ie constant foul play,the majority of the siddal team are 20 and under,and hammered upton 58-18.....They will also want the scalp of the national conference winners....it has all the making off a good game ,lets hope it is

it would be an error of judgement to think Fryston are like Upton.

They have 9 players with some level of pro experience.

5 have played and beaten Siddal this season.

The smart team would adopt the tactics of the Myton warriors side that beat them in the National Cup semi final

Siddal will prob play all the kids with maybe a couple of forwards with ncl experience a few years ago....to say they will play a lot of the grand final winning team is ridiculous,u cant drop the young lads who have been fantastic in the cup run....lets hope its a spectacle for amateur rugby league,and the yobbos stay away n cause ur trouble else where and not bring the great game of arl into the gutters ....

Even so, I don't think there is any restriction on who ever is signed for the club playing in the Yorkshire cup. Its up to Siddal to pick who plays but I hope they stick with the boys that got them this far if its not the first team. I've seen Fryston play but never been to their ground. I might drive over the hill for this one myself. I work Friday nights though. See how well I sleep. Where is the ground? I passed Fryston labour club (I think it was a labour club) on a bus once. Do Fryston produce a match programme? I collect them so it would be even better if they do.

• 1 month later...

I went to the Fryston v Siddal game. When the Siddal coach turned up all of the Fryston players were in there kit waiting for the Siddal players to get off the coach to try and intimidate them!! quite pathetic behaviour for a group of adults. The Siddal young uns weren`t intimidated at all and didn't rise to this, they just laughed. The game was a clean game and won by the better team on the day (Fry 40- 28 Siddal). Fryston did `old man` the referee though because the fast pace destroyed them, but their players kept falling on the floor due to `injury` which got them their breath back and their power was a little too much for Siddal. It is easy to see why the Fryston players get wound up and ill disciplined though because their couches and wattle bottle staff just walk around arguing/swearing/intimidating the opposing crowd. If this is how their coach acts, and the players look up to the coach, theirs no hope for them!!

The outcome is they are unbeaten in the League and  cup this season.I don't agree with their over the top /bad ass attitude but it works.They are the current Yorkshire cup champions as well.I thought the young Siddal full -back especially had a great game scoring 2 very good tries!

On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 6:46 AM, Celtic Rooster said:

Quite a few Pennine league clubs have produced programmes in the past Neutralfan. I've got quite a few. Some may be Challenge cup games though - they have to have a match programme for Challenge cup games.

Moorends used to produce one until everything went up in the air about three seasons ago, things have settled down again and this weekend we are going to start and video our home games and hopefully going to add a stand for the start of next season.

Something like this one would be nice

stand.jpg

If the council would allow us to build a little clubhouse (changing rooms are only about 50 metres from the pitch so we don't need to incorporate them in a new build) we would have a tidy little ground financed by ourselves and a blueprint to go forward.

Before and after

phasetwogrounddevelopment006.jpg

phasetwogrounddevelopment012.jpg

rec4009.jpg

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Archived