comeback

miaow

its fair to say I haven't been inside the stadium for a number of years but I have listened on the radio, this year I decided was the year to put my hand in  my pocket and bring the kids down, I didn't get to sundays game due to work commitments but the eldest kids did make the trip.

there match report was we never looked like scoring and the ref gave them everything, so I thought I would have a quick look on the forum to see what the general consencous was I think I a am more disappointed that we continue to air our views on individuals performance(constructive criticism), these lads get hardly a dime and pull on the shirt week in week out personally I believe the constructive criticism should come from the coach and we should be behind them 100%.

I do believe that our neighbours down the road have invited the wife of the late and great sol roper to the match on Saturday just wondering when Workington will make the same offer......

now sit back and wait for the response.....

To talk about money alone most of the players work full time already so it's not bad getting money for something you enjoy going on top of wages. As for Commitment and sacrifice I think all fans respect the players for that. As for Coming back to watch matches again I don't think sunday was a good one to choose. Also the passing of people Connected to the club was acknowledged by the club and fans with applause.

Hopefully you do make it down and start enjoying it again, sunday we were nowhere near what the lads capabilities and once (if) the dry weather comes we play some pretty attractive rugby.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

its fair to say I haven't been inside the stadium for a number of years but I have listened on the radio, this year I decided was the year to put my hand in my pocket and bring the kids down, I didn't get to sundays game due to work commitments but the eldest kids did make the trip.

there match report was we never looked like scoring and the ref gave them everything, so I thought I would have a quick look on the forum to see what the general consencous was I think I a am more disappointed that we continue to air our views on individuals performance(constructive criticism), these lads get hardly a dime and pull on the shirt week in week out personally I believe the constructive criticism should come from the coach and we should be behind them 100%.

I do believe that our neighbours down the road have invited the wife of the late and great sol roper to the match on Saturday just wondering when Workington will make the same offer......

now sit back and wait for the response.....

Hardly a dime come on eh you don't really believe that

I'm sure the Worky players will share around £200K between them, its just who gets what

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

we should be behind them 100%.

Best way to do that is get down to the ground! It can be frustrating sometimes but we're just about always underdogs.  I don't believe there is better entertainment anywhere else on a Sunday afternoon. ( How on earth does sitting watching TV compare?) I agree I don't really like to see individuals targeted unless for how well they've played. So glad Whiteley who took some real stick on here last season showed what he can do Sunday and continue to do hopefully. and looking forward to seeing Jack Murphy return to form.

I hope perrys performance shows people that turn arounds in form can happen. And that when latu returns, people at least give the lad a chance to prove himself.

Agree, the way to support the club the most is by turning up on a sunday. The club has the following, shown by the club having 5k plus followers on twitter. Its just getting them to turn up.

I would imagine a lot of those Twitter followed are rivals fans also. Reds have 4500 and I bet less than 1000 of them are from Workington lol

4.15 !!! Are you an insomniac Rockerlad ;) Was Saturdays attendance at BP correct ? A grat win against the league leaders midweek in front of a big crowd then a few days later get nearly 300 less, strange to say the least.

I'm sure the Worky players will share around £200K between them, its just who gets what

25 squad players divided into £200K averages £8000 each contract money plus they get playing money, J S wouldn't get out of bed for that kind of money, J S alone was reported to be on £1500 a match last season.

Top players will be on more than £8000 and junior players on far less, however the club has a salary cap to keep within.

How do people know how much a player is on?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Archived