Sykes comes home!

Tom Coates

At 34, and with SL and international experience he should expect to carry a large chunk of the pressure. Especially if playing in the halves.

if he had played at those levels mainly as a stand off, then yes you would expect him to carry a lot of the pressure, but he has played at mainly full back and centre through his carear. He was thrown in at 6 for fev and expected to lead us round the field thats not the type of player he is, and since losing liam finn, weve found the type of players that organise and take a team round the field are few and far between now adays.

I expect him to play at centre for us next year. Solid on defence, chiming in with decent carries, looking after his winger and popping over the goals.

That would do for me.

I am not expecting anything of him; we have suffered lately from expecting players to perform, only to be disappointed.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

don't set your expectations too high johnny lad.... It softens the blow of disappointment

Robin, I've been watching this team for far too many years for my expectations ever to be higher than the reality that is delivered. I'm sure you know what this condition feels like.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Indeed I do....

Sometimes a period of relative success raises ones hopes beyond that delivery. .. often leading to disappointment.

2014&15 have been such examples.

I'm much more grounded and realistic about our chances next season.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Indeed I do....

Sometimes a period of relative success raises ones hopes beyond that delivery. .. often leading to disappointment.

2014&15 have been such examples.

I'm much more grounded and realistic about our chances next season.

So robin

Do you think.you'll get top 4

Or will it be a season of rebuilding??

For me the sheffield situation having to build an entire team should be interesting

Personally no. Though many do think we'll sneak 4th.

Too much of an ask with the available budget for me. Still.... I've seen us as the best team in the country. I've seen us as one of the worst. I'll still be there whatever.

Agree about your assessment of Sheffield. That could make 4th spot an interesting scrap. Bradford will cut back their budget but fax will use theirs creatively ring fencing some of that money for recruitment prior to the 8's.

Fax will get stronger

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

I expect him to play at centre for us next year. Solid on defence, chiming in with decent carries, looking after his winger and popping over the goals.

That would do for me.

Thats all anyone can ask of a centre at this level.

Think he'll do a very good job for you and if batley had signed him id be very happy.

With him and Grady you have two very good players in the threequarters who will cause a bit of damage.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

If he plays centre I wonder where that leaves Pryce?

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

it'll cost em

According to Mark Sawyer featherstone want him but won't pay a transfer fee so he's told them to do one,but I've a bad feeling that they'll be back along with 1 or 2 more clubs.

Yes Grady and Brown, are probably both in demand .... and I wouldn't want to be without either ... Brown for me was looking really good in the second half of the season...

There's more than Brown & Grady in demand,Mark was saying at the forum last week that there are upto 8 players in demand at the moment but luckily they are all under contract so transfer fee's will have to be paid.

I've to disagree

What's the point selling good players

When having to get a replacement

Will cost you to get an equivalent player

And more in some cases to strengthen the team

Players should only be sold

When they no longer figure in plans

And not because we can make 20 grand and weaken the team unable to find a replacement

Agree with some of your points, but we are still a part-time team and we sometimes fall victim to our own success.

Sometimes these good players are swayed by 'bigger clubs' or more money. We saw at the end of the season when a few players weren't performing because they knew they were off, I wouldn't want to go into the season with that.

Agree with some of your points, but we are still a part-time team and we sometimes fall victim to our own success.

Sometimes these good players are swayed by 'bigger clubs' or more money. We saw at the end of the season when a few players weren't performing because they knew they were off, I wouldn't want to go into the season with that.

But surely as seen this season

It's gotta stop as the signing of players 3/4 the way thru a season

The news players leaving to go to new clubs when at their current club is damaging the game

I find it an incredible coincidence that the only game I saw wildie & Thackeray perform was at Featherstone which was to be their new employer's

And that tells me looking at the London semi final that not a 100% was given as they couldn't wait for the season to end

And the more sinister thing was

That we would have been playing their new employer's in the final

Now that's awkward ain't it

Might have been more profitable not to get to the final ;)

Yeah ridiculous I know ;)

But money has become the great motivator of the sport..

Unfortunately becoming the greatest force in rugby league ;)

But surely as seen this season

It's gotta stop as the signing of players 3/4 the way thru a season

The news players leaving to go to new clubs when at their current club is damaging the game

I find it an incredible coincidence that the only game I saw wildie & Thackeray perform was at Featherstone which was to be their new employer's

And that tells me looking at the London semi final that not a 100% was given as they couldn't wait for the season to end

And the more sinister thing was

That we would have been playing their new employer's in the final

Now that's awkward ain't it

Might have been more profitable not to get to the final ;)

Yeah ridiculous I know ;)

But money has become the great motivator of the sport..

Unfortunately becoming the greatest force in rugby league ;)

Money has always ruled RL - that's what made us different from the other lot - so don't get too idealistic Coolie: it's a business, albeit an entertainment business.

At the fans' forum MS said that there were other clubs sniffing around some of our players. Transfer fees were offered in some cases but we didn't want the cash as it wouldn't help us in securing proper replacements at this stage. One example that he cited was of Dalton Grant who, after he had signed his contract with us, was approached by Sheffield (improperly I might add) and offered twice as much to play for them. He informed the club of this and also told us that he wasn't interested as he felt very happy at Dewsbury and didn't find Sheffield to be an attractive prospect. On the other hand MS said that any player who didn't want to play for us would be allowed to leave, but appropriate compensation would be required from the other club involved.

In MS we trust.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Sorry what success?

Best two teams in the Heavy Woollen district counts for something, surely?

Money has always ruled RL - that's what made us different from the other lot - so don't get too idealistic Coolie: it's a business, albeit an entertainment business.

At the fans' forum MS said that there were other clubs sniffing around some of our players. Transfer fees were offered in some cases but we didn't want the cash as it wouldn't help us in securing proper replacements at this stage. One example that he cited was of Dalton Grant who, after he had signed his contract with us, was approached by Sheffield (improperly I might add) and offered twice as much to play for them. He informed the club of this and also told us that he wasn't interested as he felt very happy at Dewsbury and didn't find Sheffield to be an attractive prospect. On the other hand MS said that any player who didn't want to play for us would be allowed to leave, but appropriate compensation would be required from the other club involved.

In MS we trust.

If that's case, my opinion of Dalton has just been elevated above it's already high position. Hope his loyalty is rewarded.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Archived