Batley Bulldogs v Salford Red Devils

Batley Bob

And the Batley 19

2. Wayne Reittie. 3. Chris Ulugia. 5. Shaun Ainscough. 6. Cane Southernwood. 7. Dom Brambani. 8. Keegan Hirst. 9. Luke Blake. 10. Alex Rowe. 11. Brad Day. 13. Pat Walker. 14. James Davey. 15. Adam Gledhill. 17. Joe Chandler. 18. Tom Lillycrop. 19. Alex Bretherton. 20. Alastair Leak. 22. Dave Scott. 24. James Harrison. 32. Sam Smeaton.

IMG_0583.JPG

I'd wager that the majority of Salford's squad won't be with them next season, for one reason or another. Quite a few of them didn't seem fussed about their club's potential plight last Saturday.

What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

Well its a sure sign that summer is dead what with our last game of 2016. From a selfish angle I want the season to roll on but I feel for the players its been an exhauating roller coaster.

Just 80 mins more lads than take it easy till December!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Really looking good forward to this game and to give JK a good send off after what has been one of our best seasons. Also a chance to see a few old and new friends before hibernation

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

John Kear's final interview with Radio Leeds as our Head Coach sums it up (on Batley Bobs post). Great to see the players' form a guard of honour for John and Keegan off the pitch after the game. A season to remember for the right reasons. The most eventful and progressive for the Club certainly in the past few decades, IMO. Thank you John Kear, and welcome Matt Diskin.

Well it's all over and done with now and I have to say the qualifiers London game aside went as I expected. Enjoyed today again thought we stuck at it and our first try uphill was as slick as any SL try I've seen in a long while. Really looking forward to next season and hopefully a couple of decent signings to bolster the team. Thanks to JK an Linners for a cracking season

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

Excellent day and a big thank you from all the Salford fans for the hospitality shown at your club today.

All the family went yesterday and I would like to say that the Batley Club,its fans,players and everyone connected with the club were magnificent from start to finish.

Some of our family were behind the goals at the dressing room end whilst my wife and I sat in the stand to the left of the dressing room entrance and once we had sat down and started talking, a Batley fan whose family were sat in front of us turned round and said,are you from Salford? yes I replied and he then said how long have you been watching them for? 70 years I replied,he then produced a plastic folder containing Batley programmes,one of which was Batley v Salford in 1967 and all throughout the game we were swapping tales of different players,coaches etc.

If that person is on this board,I have checked my programmes and was at the match in question.

The Batley fans are obviously steeped in Rugby League and are very fair and knowlegeable in all aspects of the game and they do their club proud.

I hear the Salford lad got a one match ban for a dangerous throw during our game. Why the ref didn't just sin bin him at the time beggered belief!

Archived