Salford / Doncaster

Progman

i was thinking of going donny away friendly on train. but why. we play saturday now and sunday

the saturday team will it be first teamers or squad...... and then sunday same problem

was going to sort train ticket to save a few quid on-line but why waste money . not going if its another 40+ thrashing

hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

Well done to the club for arranging such a great fixture at short notice to ensure all our squad get enough game time before the season starts.

I cant wait to see the Red Devils all stars grace the South Leeds Stadium. 

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

Weve got a squad of over 30 players, what a great chance of seeing ALL the players over one weekend including world class stars like Rangi Chase, Gareth Hock, Kevin Locke and Micheal Dobson, well done to getting this extra fixture.

Yes great cos where all loaded

Im only going to one of the games Geoff as i cant make both, but its not the end of the world, il just pick the one i prefer which in this case has to be seeing the likes of Chase, Hock etc on the Saturday and also giving my £10 to Hunslet.

Im just pleased all the lads will have a chance to show what there made of and get quality game time.

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

So we play these two teams on the same weekend. Disgusted with the club if this is the case they obviously don't care about the fans

If you went to say just Hemel or Oxford to a game. It would still be more expensive than Donny away and Salford at home.

And Donny away is only a friendly anyway, so just go to Salford game, like I intend to do.

To be fair Geoff, I don't think this situation would have arisen had the Fev game not been cancelled.....

I would imagine that they want to give the new players plenty of game time, before the season starts proper.

What would it have cost you to go to Fev Geoff? I'm sure it's cheaper for you to watch us at home to Salford than it would have been at Fev, that was £15 in plus travel, so if anything your saving money!

this rushed fixture against salford. owt to do with liam hood been signed by them and part payment is gate receipts and a few track suits

:jester:  :jester:

hunslet till i die

We have two games on one weekend to try everybody out before season starts. We have a game on the 18th January, one on the 25th January and one on the 8th February, Surely this is enough to see everyone play pre-season.

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool

than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

We have two games on one weekend to try everybody out before season starts. We have a game on the 18th January, one on the 25th January and one on the 8th February, Surely this is enough to see everyone play pre-season.

Its not just about seeing everyone play though, its about players getting enough game time before the season starts, we nearly have an entire new squad, the lads need to play with each other to learn the structures both in attack and defence and to get to know each other. They also need MATCH FITNESS.

We arranged 4 pre season fixtures at the start of pre season, that was reduced to 3, so we arranged another one to make it 4 again, it just happens they are a day apart. Its no big deal. 

try telling doncaster that we are sending 2nd team down to play. 

im sure they happy that the gate will be lower than it shud be. 

so yes its a big deal to doncaster and supporters who were going to doncaster on the sunday fixture

when are the loanees arriving from salford & any dual reg from leeds.... will they get game time before season starts

hunslet till i die

Who said we are taking a second team to Donny?

Have you asked them?

I haven't see one complaint from Doncaster anywhere, have you heard different?

I'm sure any player we get on loan will be fully fit after a full pre season with their respected clubs.

Archived