Football

WTF is the FIFA Confederations Cup?

Not sure about its histroy, but now its the dress rehearsal for the World Cup, I guess it makes sure the host nation has everything in place 12 months in advance.

Champion from each Confederation plus World Cup holders and World Cup hosts.

But, yes, it's a trial run these days for the World Cup to test out how good the Brazilian police are at firing rubber bullets at peaceful protests.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Holland made eleven changes to their starting line up for the final group game against Spain.

Strange very strange...now with the 3-0 defeat they face a decent Italian side in the semi final rather than the easier (on paper) Norwegians.

Still take the Dutch to win the tournament but how far behind are we when Holland can field TWO  competitive elevens in the tournament and we struggle to get one decent eleven on the park.

I know nowt :-(

Could be worse....Joe Kinnear Footbal Director....poor Toon fans.

I can't work that one out, reading the interviews yesterday seemed Kinnear was going out of his way to upset Pardew, perhaps its Ashley looking for a cheap way out of Pardews 8 year deal!

The twelve clubs to compete in the inaugural Scottish Lowland League in 2013/14 were announced today.

The twelve, all from the East of Scotland and South of Scotland leagues, are:-

Spartans FC, 
Threave Rovers FC, 
Preston Athletic FC, 
Gretna (2008) FC, 
Whitehill Welfare FC, 
Dalbeattie Star FC, 
East Kilbride FC, 
Selkirk FC, 
Gala Fairydean Rovers FC, 
Edinburgh City FC, 
University of Stirling FC,  
Vale of Leithen FC.

Four more places will be available for season 2014/15, when the champions will play off against the winners of the Highland League. The winners of that  earn the right to take on the bottom club of the Scottish Professional Football League.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=1961&newsCategoryID=3&newsID=12052

Champion from each Confederation plus World Cup holders and World Cup hosts.

But, yes, it's a trial run these days for the World Cup to test out how good the Brazilian police are at firing rubber bullets at peaceful protests.

They keep the real bullets for when they're off duty.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

"Better than Messi"

Line from the Tahiti twitter feed after they scored the '1' in the 6-1 defeat to Nigeria yesterday.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

"Better than Messi"

Line from the Tahiti twitter feed after they scored the '1' in the 6-1 defeat to Nigeria yesterday.

Glad they scored - they really gave it a go and played positive Football, despite being massively outmatched. The crowd were brilliant in their support, too. Tahiti face Spain next... :unsure:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Koukash is buying a football team next ....oh and setting up a TV channel for racing,football & rugby 

I'm just going outside to watch pigs flying

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Owdem Athletic .... fair enough, can't get my way with this toy, so buy another toy and play with that

Pigs all refusing to fly ;)

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Tonight on BBC3, Tahiti face the plucky Spanish minnows.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Not sure about its histroy, but now its the dress rehearsal for the World Cup, I guess it makes sure the host nation has everything in place 12 months in advance.

With another tick in the box for the dress rehearsal for the riots.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Vamos Tahiti!

Just 10-nil, then. Credit to the Brazilian crowd who, once again, screamed their heads off for Tahiti.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Frank Lampard, who is currently promoting his new book, being introduced on Radio 5: "he's not the first Footballer to write a children's book, but he may be the first to have done so intentionally". :D

Ralph Waldo Emerson