Rochdale

Toby The Tram

No one else has started a thread on this so...

Thought we played very well today, racked up the points on the way downhill in the first half and defended well in the second. Thought the new Cas lads fitted in well but gave away silly penalties at times. 

Rochdale just didn't look up to it, they gave away a lot of penalties which helped us get upfield and made a few knock ons.

London at home at Heworth it seems next week then.

Jason Bass Fan Club - member #001

I know I'm biased but I thought that York were far the better team today. I'm going deaf and, by my own admission I'm an old git but could someone please tell me the winning number(s) in the half time draw.

Another superb performance yesterday.   "Top of the league. You're having a laugh."   I guess the likes of Deano and Simon Hall must get a bit uncomfortable to see displays like this.   It doesn't help their aim of shutting the club down.   By the way, was there a demonstration?   Admittedly, I didn't arrive until 2.30 but saw no evidence of it.

A few more Knights supporters in attendance, I think (though there were a fair few from Rochdale).   For those who are still staying away:   What are you thinking?   There is so much all-round ability in this team.   They are a joy to watch and deserve more support.   James Ford praises the fans, but we need more.

The director whose interview with Sharon was played on Radio York after the match actually sounded quite sensible and articulate regarding the ground situation.   Or am I just deluding myself?

Wherever next week's game is played (maybe not Heworth, then), please try and get to it and enjoy another few dozen points against the Skolars.

Another superb performance yesterday. "Top of the league. You're having a laugh." I guess the likes of Deano and Simon Hall must get a bit uncomfortable to see displays like this. It doesn't help their aim of shutting the club down. By the way, was there a demonstration? Admittedly, I didn't arrive until 2.30 but saw no evidence of it.

A few more Knights supporters in attendance, I think (though there were a fair few from Rochdale). For those who are still staying away: What are you thinking? There is so much all-round ability in this team. They are a joy to watch and deserve more support. James Ford praises the fans, but we need more.

The director whose interview with Sharon was played on Radio York after the match actually sounded quite sensible and articulate regarding the ground situation. Or am I just deluding myself?

Wherever next week's game is played (maybe not Heworth, then), please try and get to it and enjoy another few dozen points against the Skolars.

I don't think those you mentioned want the club shutting down, they just want the current owner to leave his post and let someone else take over with more ambition and less idiocy.

Another superb performance yesterday.   "Top of the league. You're having a laugh."   I guess the likes of Deano and Simon Hall must get a bit uncomfortable to see displays like this.   It doesn't help their aim of shutting the club down.   By the way, was there a demonstration?   Admittedly, I didn't arrive until 2.30 but saw no evidence of it.

A few more Knights supporters in attendance, I think (though there were a fair few from Rochdale).   For those who are still staying away:   What are you thinking?   There is so much all-round ability in this team.   They are a joy to watch and deserve more support.   James Ford praises the fans, but we need more.

The director whose interview with Sharon was played on Radio York after the match actually sounded quite sensible and articulate regarding the ground situation.   Or am I just deluding myself?

I'm not aiming to have the club shut down you utter fool, I just want rid of the farcical ownership and the club to be as successful as it can be. 

I was there yesterday and paid £15 to watch + fuel money (even though I should have got a season ticket for the £1000 worth of sponsorship they've had off me), I could have spent the day with my family but I decided to go support the team I've supported for 30 years. 

I'd say more telling than any protest was not those who were there but the 1000's of York people who like RL who weren't, but you keep going on about this wonderful team and try and spread the word, see how much success you have in getting more fans to watch. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

I reply to HolmeKnight, people are staying away because in a lot of cases they simply refuse to support Guildford's Family Enterprise.

He had the opportunity to take the club forward and agree to move into the Community Stadium on completion, in the interim playing at Bootham Crescent.

The agreement secures the tenancy at the new stadium for 99 years. With FREE training facilities at St Johns College. For whatever reason Guildford decided to turn down the agreement (various reasons have been given) When KISS arranged a public meeting for the council to present the plans to the fans Guildford made threats against KISS unless the presentation was cancelled, he then refused to allow KISS to use the clubs logo and has publicly abused committee members. At the same time other directors were asking for donations from KISS.

The coaches and players deserve better than this so KISS provided FREE transport to St Helens and have helped fans get to HOME games with car share.

Keep winning get promoted and take the place of Donny or hunslet a city as large as York the council should be doing it's utmost to sort out a ground and get the club buzzing again if mr Guilford doesn't want to see the club die again this must be sorted asap.

chappy

a city as large as York the council should be doing it's utmost to sort out a ground and get the club buzzing again 

You mean like building the people of York a £41m 8000 seater stadium complex and letting us play at Bootham Crescent until it's built? That'd be a great idea you'd have thought.

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

He didn't actually say anything though did he? Used the word "hopeful" many times. Whereas if everything was above board and ready he would have said "supremely confident"

John Guildford of York City Knights - What a guy!

Our club, Our city, Our choice. #GuildfordOut

Holmeknight,

Yes you are deluded in my opinion, I stayed away on Sunday as I will from all 'home' games played outside York, that's my own perogative and a personal protest. I was up at Newcastle and saw a poor performance so glad the lads showed what they can do,msad I couldnt see it 'at home'. Like many others who have supported this club in all it's names and guises through thick and thin I have had enough of this shambolic situation. Yes the Director did speak very well about trying to secure compensation for the club and lack of bar takings, so what about us fans ? Do we get compensation for being mis-sold season tickets, Guidlford must have known what his intentions/strategies were regarding negotiations with the City Council yet he continued to take our money, as for Fordy and the players who I suspect signed for a club thinking they would have proper training facilities and a home ground playing at BC then a new stadia they must also feel like they've been 'done'. If you think this is ok then please carry on banging the Club drum, that's your perogative.

andypk.gif

I know I'm biased but I thought that York were far the better team today. I'm going deaf and, by my own admission I'm an old git but could someone please tell me the winning number(s) in the half time draw.

I'm neither an "old git"nor am I going deaf thank goodness, at least I don't think I am, but I didn't hear anything about the half time draw result either Dave.

I apologise for being an utter fool.

You're forgiven.

Now get back to being all positive and telling us how wonderful the team is. 

However, Simon Hall, in replying to my suggestion that there may be a hidden agenda to start a new club from scratch  ("246?" reply 27), did not deny this at all but simply asked for my solution.   Therefore, I don't think it was a false assumption at all.   Like every other poster, I would be delighted if the club could be taken over by more progressive ownership and play at a higher level in front of more fans at the new stadium.   What I keep pointing out is that nobody knows how to achieve this.

As I see it, there are three possible scenarios:

a.             The club keeps losing support until it becomes unviable.   The players and coaching staff leave.   The club folds.   Some person or persons unknown may then attempt to start a new club from scratch.

b.             The club manages to carry on this season.   The stadium / financial situation is eventually resolved.   The owner continues in charge until such time as he decides to sell up.

c.

Sorry, this got posted before it was finished.

c.          A miracle happens.   The owner decides he's had enough or receives an offer he can't refuse.   Enlightened new owners take over.   The club goes from strength to strength.

My order of preference is c b a.    I suspect Simon Hall's is  c a b.    But the thing is,is extremely unlikely so I see  b as the only option.   Unfortunately, in the words of the Rolling Stones;   "You can't always get what you want."

Newcastle United fans have been trying to get rid of Ashley for years, some Man U fans started a breakaway club because they didn't like the ownership,  Oldham RL still have a very unpopular owner and it took 17 years to get Blatter out of FIFA.   (If anyone can get the FBI interested in investigating John Guildford, that would be marvellous.)

In the meantime, I just want the club to remain stable so as not to undo the great work on the field.   Change will come eventually.   Patience is required.

Newcastle United fans have been trying to get rid of Ashley for years, some Man U fans started a breakaway club because they didn't like the ownership,  Oldham RL still have a very unpopular owner and it took 17 years to get Blatter out of FIFA.   (If anyone can get the FBI interested in investigating John Guildford, that would be marvellous.)

I just popped on to inform you supporters that you have taken prop Jack Blagbrough,on a months loan,from Sheffield Eagles.

Newcastle United fans do not have a replacement owner willing to take over - and are more than happy at their present stadium.

Man Utd are a global brand and the fans breakaway club enjoy regular promotions and remain loyal to their coaching staff.

Blatter resigned but your closing line is indicative that you too have your suspicions.

The female councillor (?) and her coruscating evisceration of Guildford should be sufficient to remove any doubt in your mind.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

There is no doubt in my mind.   For the good of the club, Guildford needs to go.    But what I keep pointing out is that NOBODY, NOBODY on this forum knows how to achieve this.   He doesn't take any hints or  listen to any reasoned argument. 

Archived