greg minikin

ginaldo

Isn't that the point of announcing the squad 48 hours in advance? I'd gladly be wrong if it means we can bring another lad in. However, I'd utilise Day and Bretherton in the centre spot available with option to switch to second row. Mariano would miss out for me.

Can't see any issue with a long term loan player, this isn't DR at its worst where we are playing player just to get fit for a parent club. He's a good young player who gives 100% and celebrates tries with the lads like he's one of our own. Loans players have done us well over the years. Stuart Cocker anyone?

Cocker wasn't on loan.

We signed him on a 1year contract and paid him handsomely for that 1 season.

I remember Ron Earnshaw telling me.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Isn't that the point of announcing the squad 48 hours in advance? I'd gladly be wrong if it means we can bring another lad in. However, I'd utilise Day and Bretherton in the centre spot available with option to switch to second row. Mariano would miss out for me.

I think several clubs have changed their match day 19 after the 48 hour deadline this season. 

Personally, l do not see the need to have Mariano anywhere near the squad! l think our forwards have plenty of cover, young Harrison for instance!

Cocker wasn't on loan.

We signed him on a 1year contract and paid him handsomely for that 1 season.

I remember Ron Earnshaw telling me.

Time taking its toll on my memory. I thought we had him on loan from Worky for half a season. Anyway I'm more than happy to have Greg in the side and if we get top 4 and the extra half a million or so that goes with it we might be able to sign players of that calibre permanently.

Why did we sign Casey and Peterson? Mariana is a class player, big occasion, play him/them.

Casey played at Oxford last week so should be fit to come in! He played ok at Leigh so should be ok to step in. l have seen nothing of Mariano to suggest he should be picked ahead of any of our own second rowers. He seems to be playing at ours to regain fitness!

Yes he is, next season he could be in Cas team full time if not other SL clubs might be snapping at his heels.

So glad Batley have brought the lad on.

Cheers Roger.

Time taking its toll on my memory. I thought we had him on loan from Worky for half a season. Anyway I'm more than happy to have Greg in the side and if we get top 4 and the extra half a million or so that goes with it we might be able to sign players of that calibre permanently.

"Extra half a million or so"!!

This is RL you know?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived