Joe Eichner 25 Geneva, Fla.

Terrance Williams 23 Atlanta

Nathan Campbell 26 St. Elizabeth, Jamaica

Quinn Ngawati 17 Vancouver Island, B.C.

Matt Walsh 30 Sydney, Australia/White Plains, NY

Chad Bain 24 Belleville, Ont.

Antonio Baker 29 Kingston, Jamaica

Sterling Wynn 22 Sanford, Fla.

Marcus Satavu 28 Sigatoka, Fiji/Sunnyvale, Calif.

Andrew Zulauga 23 Tampa, Fla.

Ty Elkins 32 Newberry, S.C.

David Coleman 25 Columbus, Ohio

Kenneth Walker 27 Kingston, Jamaica

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The players selected from the Last Tackle tryout tour include:

Name Age Hometown

Monte Gaddis 24 Cleveland, Ohio

Casey Clark 26 Missoula, Mont.

Corey Knox 27 Buffalo, N.Y.

Emil Boggren 21 Toronto, Ont.

Tyronie Rowe 28 Kingston, Jamaica

Good luck to Emil!

He has played for Denmark previously as a teenager in 2014, and tore into Sweden.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Excellent post as ever from you Legend. We are all looking to USA & Canada to lead the sport into a bright New World. The North of England/ Eastern Australia stranglehold needs to be broken urgently.

Check this video out its from the Jamaica trials

https://www.facebook.com/lasttacklemedia/videos/924415477688712/

Hopefully the lad from Toronto gets a gig, it would be good to have a couple of local boys involved from the start. Also good to see a few Jamaicans on the list. The game seems to be doing well over there.

Indeed!  It could be a great boost to Danish rugby league.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Some interesting characters in there. Walsh, Bain, Rowe, Baker, Campbell and Clark were all part of the squads for the WC qualifiers last year, I believe Rowe and Bain have already played in England for Coventry and Bradford Dudley Hill respectively. Eichner and Williams are the two American guys who trained with Leeds during their camp in Florida at the start of 2015. Gaddis and Knox are former NFL players with no RL experience but they should athletically be way ahead of anyone else there.

The players selected from the Last Tackle tryout tour include:

Name Age Hometown

Monte Gaddis 24 Cleveland, Ohio

Casey Clark 26 Missoula, Mont.

Corey Knox 27 Buffalo, N.Y.

Emil Boggren 21 Toronto, Ont.

Tyronie Rowe 28 Kingston, Jamaica

That's just awesome. Nice work.

Some interesting characters in there. Walsh, Bain, Rowe, Baker, Campbell and Clark were all part of the squads for the WC qualifiers last year, I believe Rowe and Bain have already played in England for Coventry and Bradford Dudley Hill respectively. Eichner and Williams are the two American guys who trained with Leeds during their camp in Florida at the start of 2015. Gaddis and Knox are former NFL players with no RL experience but they should athletically be way ahead of anyone else there.

Why would former NFL players be athletically way ahead of others? American footballers struggle with the aerobic nature of consecutive sets, moving up with the line and getting back 10 over and over

Why would former NFL players be athletically way ahead of others? American footballers struggle with the aerobic nature of consecutive sets, moving up with the line and getting back 10 over and over

They will go just fine D.D. not unlike some of the behemoth forwards that can just about manage 10 minute spells in our over laden use of substitutes in Rugby League.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

They will go just fine D.D. not unlike some of the behemoth forwards that can just about manage 10 minute spells in our over laden use of substitutes in Rugby League.

I am interested to watch the footwork of any America footballers something lost from our game.  This wont be line backers trialing its liking to players who can move.

I am interested to watch the footwork of any America footballers something lost from our game.  This wont be line backers trialing its liking to players who can move.

Yeah sorry Tex, I wasn't implying that they would not be fleet of foot, or indeed top athletes, I was trying to say that if they were kinda large and have little aerobic endurance they would fit nicely in today's game of allowing multiple substitutions.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Yeah sorry Tex, I wasn't implying that they would not be fleet of foot, or indeed top athletes, I was trying to say that if they were kinda large and have little aerobic endurance they would fit nicely in today's game of allowing multiple substitutions.

Aren't interchanges getting reduced to 8 next year? And looking to reduce further to 6?.........

Aren't interchanges getting reduced to 8 next year? And looking to reduce further to 6?.........

To be fair, if you got anywhere near the NFL, you are probably a good athlete, and know how to put the work in. So if they can hack it this year, they have two years to work on their aerobic ability...

Thanks some good bits of information.

I didn't even pick up on that.  I think American Football will have some players who will adapt to League.  But it will only be the skill players.

Saying that there is a massive pool of talent to draw from.  I think Rugby League as a minor sport in the USA is still a big deal for us.

To be fair, if you got anywhere near the NFL, you are probably a good athlete, and know how to put the work in. So if they can hack it this year, they have two years to work on their aerobic ability...

I am not saying that NFL players aren't good athletes, far from it. But I don't think they're way ahead of others as another poster suggested. I'm sure some will adapt to the greater aerobic demands, particularly those with good footwork

I am not saying that NFL players aren't good athletes, far from it. But I don't think they're way ahead of others as another poster suggested. I'm sure some will adapt to the greater aerobic demands, particularly those with good footwork

Players who have progressed through the most rigorous athletic collegiate system and the most difficult professional sporting league in the world to crack are likely to be better athletes than local amateur RL players, with due respect. There are probably less than 1,000 RL players in North America and literally millions trying to make it to the NFL. Guys who come from a relatively low standard of football (low division walk-on college programs) tend to walk into the US national RL team within a year.

I believe Corey Knox also had a tryout with WWE last year, which again requires a ridiculously high standard of athleticism.

NFL players are already used to a professional level of training in a way that most others won't be. They'll just be adapting their training to their new requirements.

It would be pretty big for them to sign a recognizable NFL name- I don't know if any of these guy are.

Maybe it's because I'm an old sod, but I thought that there was nothing wrong with two subs, it at least allowed the more skillful smaller players the opportunity to stamp their influence on the game the longer it went on instead of having to compete against the fresh players that are being introduced throughout the game.

Multiple subs has in my opinion been one of the main reasons that a lot of skill has-been taken out of the game.

Archived