Langtree Park to be renamed

Futtocks

A vaping company is more preferable than a tobacco or alcohol company. I didn't t think e cigarettes led to health problems but I may be wrong.

Brilliant.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

As part of the deal over the last 4 years Saints players have been involved with numerous health awareness  / Stop Smoking campaigns run by Totally Wicked.

Regardless of what you think about the name or whether you think vaping is no better than smoking, having local, well known sportsmen involved in campaigns like this can only be a good thing.

Regarding the actual product, several clubs have sponsors that some people find inappropriate like gambling or alcohol so is a vaping company any different ?

From a financial perspective getting any increased deal in todays climate is a bonus

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

As part of the deal over the last 4 years Saints players have been involved with numerous health awareness  / Stop Smoking campaigns run by Totally Wicked.

Regardless of what you think about the name or whether you think vaping is no better than smoking, having local, well known sportsmen involved in campaigns like this can only be a good thing.

Regarding the actual product, several clubs have sponsors that some people find inappropriate like gambling or alcohol so is a vaping company any different ?

From a financial perspective getting any increased deal in todays climate is a bonus

I agree in-part that this may help people stop smoking tobacco but it may also encourage (mainly) kids to start using the e-cigs... so not very responsible of Saints to take on this sponsorship!

i think that is why they have gone overboard with all tge talk of it being a record deal.

I think this is a real error of judgement. Firstly what a ridiculous name and secondly the product is often deemed contentious. And that is before I even get started on how the broadcast media will refer to it (and ridicule it).

I agree in-part that this may help people stop smoking tobacco but it may also encourage (mainly) kids to start using the e-cigs... so not very responsible of Saints to take on this sponsorship!

Do Wigan, Widnes and indeed the RFL encourage kids to start gambling with their sponsors ?

Its probably in line with the "Mend-a-hose Jungle" or the "Probiz Coliseum" (sorry cas fans but those two just came to mind) for sounding a bit silly.

As for contentious sponsors, John Smith's stadium? I personally prefer stadiums to have names, with the stands being sacrificed to sponsorship naming.

The games limited for sponsors I guess so it doesn't surprise me.

Humiliating for the club and sport. I can't imagine they are paying a huge amount either since vaping is hardly a massive industry. St Helens seem to have lost their minds in recent years with strange recruitment/backroom appointments, God-awful playing strips and now this.

So how much are Wigan getting for the naming rights to their stadium - oh that's right F*** all because they down own their stadium, they're just Dave Whelan's rent boys !

And by the way the E-cigarette industry in the UK alone is now worth over £1Bn a year

So how much are Wigan getting for the naming rights to their stadium - oh that's right F*** all because they down own their stadium, they're just Dave Whelan's rent boys !

And by the way the E-cigarette industry in the UK alone is now worth over £1Bn a year

I couldn't care less how much money Wigan get or don't. This is worse than when Wakefield named their stadium the "ASS". I didn't think it could get worse than "Big Fellas Stadium" or "Fox's Biscuits Stadium" but this is. And it's supposedly one of the sport's flagship club.

People need to realize that the reason the sport isn't as big as it should be in this country is because the sport's image is in the gutter, as low brow as it can get and it's not at all helped by things like this and the mushy peas sponsorship. I don't care how much money they are offering (and it's surely not a huge amount as they are hardly massive companies), it's humiliating and turns people away from the sport.

It's totally farcical

Selling a once great club and the sport as a whole down the river

Saints fans will be a laughing stock

Archived