England Academy tour to Australia: Game 1.

Wow, we really care about English RL don't we ???

Game 1 v Canterbury Bulldogs - Cancelled

This game has been in the planning for about 3 months then the Bulldogs pull out a few days before the game, leaving England not enough time to arrange other opposition.

A disgrace imo.

Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

Wow, we really care about English RL don't we ???

Game 1 v Canterbury Bulldogs - Cancelled

This game has been in the planning for about 3 months then the Bulldogs pull out a few days before the game, leaving England not enough time to arrange other opposition.

A disgrace imo.

What reasons were given for this?

That's unbelievablely poor on the Dog's part on first impressions. They better have a good reason as a game involving youth sides should be something they should be able to play without much in the way of facilities.

Just out of interest are your academies owned and fully operated by the clubs or do the RFL have a big involvement in the academies?

That's unbelievablely part on the Dogs part on first impressions. They better have a good reason as a game involving youth sides should be something they should be able to play without much in the way of facilities.

Just out of interest are your academies owned and fully operated by the clubs or do the RFL have a big involvement in the academies?

As I understand it its primarily the clubs. Though this tour should have been the remit of the RFL and the ARLC to organise.

This is very poor.

The earliest reference I can find to the full tour schedule is from the 3rd of June with the Bulldogs game clearly listed.  I am sure that this was arranged before this date.

For the Bulldogs to pull out a week before the game after the English Academy party has flown half way around the world is terrible - I do hope they have very valid reasons.  I don't think we can allocate any blame to the organisation on the RFL/Academy side.

The Australian Schoolboys played fixtures against the Wigan and Leeds academies before the two test series over here and so were very well prepared for the first test which they won (England won the second and 'won' the series on aggregate score).

There is one more arranged warm up[ game against Penrith which is Saturday the 23td of July before the first test on Sunday the 31st.

I feel sorry for the kids who must have been looking forward to their first game - and in particular those who may not get any game time at all now with the tour reduced to just three games.

I will finish as I started.... very poor.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Conceeding that the period was longer by some 4 month's but the Pig Ignorant Aussies did the same with the 1992 tour.

Tour operator's had booked hotels, Internal flights etc based upon the schedule of Sydney - Brisbane - Sydney for the 3 test series, without consultation and complete disregard for the disruption it would cause they changed it to Sydney - Melbourne - Brisbane.

The operator I booked with could not make other arrangements, I had no alternative but to book with another party,personally I lost about £400 this being the deposit I payed for 4 people, I think the poor operator lost a great deal of money.

So am I surprised by this action, not in the least, they have a "I'm alright Jack" attitude.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

I joined the Dogs' forum and posted this there:

"Does anyone know why the game was cancelled. England Academy was scheduled to play Canterbury as the opening game of their OZ tour at Belmore on 16 July."

See if any answers come in.  http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/index.php?threads/juniors-game-v-england-academy.102599/

I joined the Dogs' forum and posted this there:

"Does anyone know why the game was cancelled. England Academy was scheduled to play Canterbury as the opening game of their OZ tour at Belmore on 16 July."

See if any answers come in.  http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/index.php?threads/juniors-game-v-england-academy.102599/

No reply is the answer to date.

Which is probably because they couldn't care less as it's international and not NRL related

Its a long time since the people who run the game in Australia have taken International Rugby League more seriously than they have SOO.

They need to wake up and smell the coffee to the benefits of International competition and the money it would bring to Rugby League.

Good stuff by the Roosters.

I'm still keen to hear what the 'unforseen circumstances' are that meant the Bulldogs game was called off.

I bet James Graham has an opinion as the Bulldogs skipper was at the Academy test vs. the Aussies over here last year.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Good stuff by the Roosters.

I'm still keen to hear what the 'unforseen circumstances' are that meant the Bulldogs game was called off.

I bet James Graham has an opinion as the Bulldogs skipper was at the Academy test vs. the Aussies over here last year.

If someone on here had a twitter account they could ask him.

Well done, Steve and the Roosters. :) 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

It won't be part of wayne bennetts remit..

Its whoever is the football manager at the RFL...if they have one..

Good on mcbanana though,always said he should have been "moved upstairs" after the england job...hes a director of rugby all day long,theres was never any questions about his ability to set up camps,england knights,high altitude trip,sports science etc...he did drag us into the 21st century..its just his coaching that let him down lol

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

It won't be part of wayne bennetts remit..

Its whoever is the football manager at the RFL...if they have one..

Good on mcbanana though,always said he should have been "moved upstairs" after the england job...hes a director of rugby all day long,theres was never any questions about his ability to set up camps,england knights,high altitude trip,sports science etc...he did drag us into the 21st century..its just his coaching that let him down lol

Would English clubs have done the same? I'm guessing Leeds, Warrington, maybe Widnes, maybe Hull.

I got this reply on The Kennel from Dogluva:

Hi Farmduck. I guess the unforeseen circumstance was the rescheduling of our Intrust game (NSW Cup) against the Mounties which was called off earlier this year due to the wet weather. It is being played at Belmore tomorrow and as out U20 team also had a reschedule that would not have helped. I am not a fan of the Roosters but good of them for stepping in at least to give the lads a bit of a thrill with a training run against the first grade side.

The Aussie Schoolboys team was chosen today, it's a monster forward pack and an excellent halfback in Sean O'Sullivan.

The player England will need to keep quiet is Nick Cotric who has been chosen at fullback.

I just can't see England holding the Aussie forward pack given they will be around 10 klos lighter per man.

What a great learning experience it will be though, looking forward to seeing them in action.

Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

I got this reply on The Kennel from Dogluva:

Hi Farmduck. I guess the unforeseen circumstance was the rescheduling of our Intrust game (NSW Cup) against the Mounties which was called off earlier this year due to the wet weather. It is being played at Belmore tomorrow and as out U20 team also had a reschedule that would not have helped. I am not a fan of the Roosters but good of them for stepping in at least to give the lads a bit of a thrill with a training run against the first grade side.

Thanks for the update.

I find it a bit strange that a re-arranged local fixture takes precedence over a side that has travelled 10,500 miles to play a game.  Oh well.

The Aussie Schoolboys team was chosen today, it's a monster forward pack and an excellent halfback in Sean O'Sullivan.

The player England will need to keep quiet is Nick Cotric who has been chosen at fullback.

I just can't see England holding the Aussie forward pack given they will be around 10 klos lighter per man.

What a great learning experience it will be though, looking forward to seeing them in action.

Really looking forward to this series. Hope we can see it live (streamed) or good highlights.

I think it will be competitive.  The Aussie Schoolboys are always strong and while I am sure that Nick Cotric is a great player (I have not seen him) the Schoolboys had Latrell Mitchell at full back in the last series who I think is on track to be the stand out player of his generation and the Academy still won.

Can't wait.

Thanks for the update.

I find it a bit strange that a re-arranged local fixture takes precedence over a side that has travelled 10,500 miles to play a game. Oh well.

It's the NSW cup, not just a local comp. The standard is similar to SL and it's the same as flipping it if say Leigh had to rearrange a fixture and a junior game had to be moved or cancelled

rsz_1rsz_1rsz_2bulldogsbanner.png

Archived