temporary solution

roughyedspud

They would be a good idea at least they would give some shelter in bad weather?

Only one question though are they the collapsible type? because if not they would take some time to take them down after the game.

You could not leave them up or else they would soon disappear into houses on Crimeside.

Yep they are collaspable...

And id volunteer to put then up and take them down....as its looking likely im gonna be able to change my shift at work so i can attend sundays..

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

Yes a great gesture, and would give some welcome cover in bad weather.

I'm sure more people would attend games if they had shelter from the elements, the only concerns are the health and safety aspects.

Just hope the club will look at this all be it on a temporary basis.

On a serious note , Oldham's ground is a laughing stock now . . . putting 3 or 4 of them up to keep ALL the crowd dry would only add to Oldham's reputation being further denigrated .............oh sorry it cant get any lower can it ......as when you at rock bottom the only way is up. . . I do feel sorry for the players however . . . top of the league playing in front of a few of hundred spectators  :( 

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

They would be ruled out on Health and Safety alone , as any gust of wind and somebody could lose an eye

Easy to overcome issue hard hats and safety glasses to everyone.Problem solved.

wont help that the GSO is also a  Health and Safety trainer...with one eye!! :tongue:;)

Archived