02 Sept: Qualifiers: Huddersfield Giants v London Broncos KO 8pm

Discuss Huddersfield Giants v London Broncos here.

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

While the spotlight, this season, has been on the Headingley House of Hilarity / Horror depending upon your pov.IMO the real strory has been the dimunition of the Giants in to the ranks of the also rans and not many including myself whould have predicted this, nor Baloo being a coach on whom the book was closed in the sporting jungle. Simply put, any side containing McGilvaray, Cudjoe and Brough is not bottom four materiel.

The Giants have played this cute moving the London game to a Friday night causing inconvieience to the championship club and fanswhilst giving themselves and additional 48 hours before the cup final at the LSV which might decide who gets automatic promotion. as is their right.for The Giants are targeted by Leigh and London along with Hull KR as winnable games.

Can London do it?, The Giants would have to play badly and London out of their skin for the away side to win though stranger things have happened, and might if the score remains close mid way through the second half. Maybe but not on this Friday night I think.

Giants by 16

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

I'd say Leeds at home is a game we are targeting to win

Good record in recent times v Leeds, not to mention one or our rare regular season wins this year was this fixture

Win v London, Leigh and one other will be job done I think

Giants look like they know how to play as a team, and how to have some aggression in defence

And how now found the level that they're comfortable playing at?

(Runs for cover...)

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

First of all, well done to London, who competed very well, and were the better side for a good 15 -20 minutes, they defended admirable and had a real go in attack and caused us some problems and could have had more than 4 points were it not for excellent defence from the Giants, also well done to their band of around 20 supporters who seemed to enjoy themselves and had a go at competing with the vocal contest :)

but in the end, as you'd expect super league class told in the end, and we played some good stuff and scored some good tries, but our hardest 3 games are to come now.

Ironically, the crowd of 3,794 ( a lot of teams would be happy with that figure V London on a friday night) was more than a sunday game V Fev who brought 500 fans.

Archived