2016 NRL Match Thread - Round 21 - Retro Round

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should be a cracker. I think we're good for another SKD or Fergo brain snap.

Can SKD top last year's finals effort?

Still, I'm going Roosters on this one.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

Useless trivia #436: check out how good "Up Up Cronulla" looks in Bengali: আপ cronulla আপ

meanwhile, back at the Match Thread:

Roosters:

1. Blake Ferguson

2. Daniel Tupou 

3. Dale Copley

4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall

5. Latrell Mitchell

6. Connor Watson

7. Mitchell Pearce

8. Isaac Liu

9. Jake Friend ©

10. Dylan Napa

11. Boyd Cordner

12. Mitchell Aubusson

13. Sio Siua Taukeiaho

INTERCHANGE

14. Sam Moa

15. Aidan Guerra

16. Ryan Matterson

17. Kane Evans

Broncos:

1. Darius Boyd

2. Corey Oates

3. Tom Opacic

4. James Roberts

5. Lachlan Maranta

6. Anthony Milford

7. Ben Hunt

16. Jai Arrow

9. Andrew McCullough

10. Adam Blair

11. Alex Glenn

18. Jaydn Su’A

13. Corey Parker ©

Interchange:

8. Jarrod Wallace

14. Herman Ese’ese

15. Tevita Pangai Jnr

17. Joe Ofahengaue

Morning all looking forward to some wonderful and probably some awful club emblems on show in this round

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

The Roosters' shirt is a tribute to Artie Beetson. Nice.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

issue-88-476x600.jpg

Russell Fairfax in about 1974 - ironic because a couple of years earlier and he wouldn't have been served in the club because his hair was too long. Didn't stop him winning 2 GFs with the Chooks.

Oates is in rare form.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Copley in after 3 minutes. Good try.

* Subject to change

I see that Fergo is playing fullback... I have my doubts, but he provided Copley with a nice pass here.

* Subject to change

Roosters 6-0

* Subject to change

Maranta out with the concussion rule following that knock. Surprisingly, it took the Broncos two sets of 6 to do it. I suppose his health worsened significantly in the meantime.

* Subject to change

By the way, I get the C9 feed. The commentary team is barely audible... Good stuff!

* Subject to change

They were trying to answer Klein's question. Did the Roosters player (Liu?) touch the ball while Wallace was having his little juggle? hence the no-try call to begin with.

* Subject to change

Of course the C9 commentators complained about it since they listen to nobody but themselves.

For once, I have no complaint with the bunker taking a lot of time to reach the right decision.

* Subject to change

It's 6 all by the way after 20.

* Subject to change

Maranta out with the concussion rule following that knock. Surprisingly, it took the Broncos two sets of 6 to do it. I suppose his health worsened significantly in the meantime.

No excuse for that. I think he was unconscious when he hit the ground. Should have been taken straight off.

I'd like to hear Bennett's explanation on that one to be honest.

* Subject to change

Mitchell in the corner. 10-6 kick to come

* Subject to change

Taukeiaho converts. Roosters 12 - Broncos 6 after 28 minutes.

* Subject to change

Fergo under the post after a good interchange of pass. Copley returns the favor to Fergo.

Roosters 18 - 6 after 30 minutes.

* Subject to change

Good, entertaining first half from a neutral point of view. I don't think the Broncos fans will agree though. They're going nowhere at the moment.

A lot of venom in the Roosters tackles.

18 - 6 is the half-time scoreline in favor of the Roosters.

* Subject to change

Archived