The Photography Thread

Not my greatest pic but hey ho

10523404536_0437196611_c.jpg

RLWC2013 by CarlMitchell, on Flickr

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Especially liking your second one there mymissus, that spotlight does the trick.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• 2 weeks later...
10714054064_0a0c76aac3_z.jpg

Heading towards the last of the autumn leaves now around here.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

10697840993_8ab066cc3d_z.jpg

Ullswater by 77gazza, on Flickr

Early morning mist at Ullswater on Monday.

10697585674_897d1f8eaa_z.jpg

Ullswater by 77gazza, on Flickr

Had a proper day of sunshine and showers walking round the lake on Sunday.

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

0W1C7410bw_zpsd84f057d.jpg

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Had a first try at HDR as a technique over the last couple of days, freezing myself taking loads of shots in the early morning sun yesterday then post processing yesterday evening and this evening. I'm trying to keep it subtle and realistic looking rather than an obvious HDR effect. Have I achieved that?

10804613424_69e78eda98_z.jpg

10804566416_15b3b594e0_z.jpg
Rochdale Canal by 77gazza, on Flickr

10804834035_62d143dcf7_z.jpg

10804931505_754f71e7fc_z.jpg

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

Had a first try at HDR as a technique over the last couple of days, freezing myself taking loads of shots in the early morning sun yesterday then post processing yesterday evening and this evening. I'm trying to keep it subtle and realistic looking rather than an obvious HDR effect. Have I achieved that?

I think you've succeeded in not going over the top.

I think in ones like no.3 the secret would be to take a bit more control and darken areas that you would expect to be in shadow, like the path on the right. The arch of the bridge is fine as it looks like its lit by reflections off the water but the tow path would naturally get that and should (to me) be darker.

I know I don't play at your stupid games very often, but as it's the 12th, I just wondered what happened to the November Photo Comp.

What is the chosen ones subject, and when's the closing date for Padge, sorry, for us, to choose the winner?

Edited by Bleep1673

I know I don't play at your stupid games very often, but as it's the 12th, I just wondered what happened to the November Photo Comp.

What is the chosen ones subject, and when's the closing date for Padge, sorry, for us, to choose the winner?

Padge has handed over all responsibility to Ed I Tackle for this month.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Why are you asking?

You really don't care do you?

You wanted to have a pop at Padge didn't you?

If you're genuinely interested the Theme is "miserable, chippy Northerners who live on the South Coast" and closing date is 6th June 2016

I'm sure you'll find something suitable

Why are you asking?

If you're genuinely interested the Theme is "miserable, chippy Northerners who live on the South Coast" and closing date is 6th June 2016

Right.  I'm putting my Bexhill picture on again.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Why are you asking?

1) For the continuity of the board

2) Yes, I do

3) No, I wanted to see if you would rise to the bait

4) Could be more entries than last months miserable effort

I am entering this.

I was a northerner eating chips and I took this photo of the south coast:

10850131354_8d93093993_c.jpg

It has a dramatic sky.

Edited by gingerjon

Did you consider flashing?

It was very cold and, thus, I don't think my flashing would have had sufficient impact.

It looks like the sea terrace at Azure resteraunt at St Leonards On Sea?

That's cos it is.

I had the fish cakes.

With chips.