Batley vs featherstone

Keep The Faith

i've watched your game v leigh, and your pack looks very good. i think they could take you a long way this season. also a good kicking game

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Should be a cracker. Fev looking better than anyone expect so early on and unlucky not to come away with anything at Bradford last week and batley with a awesome win against super leigh. Could go either way, how much as last week took out of the Batley lads and can Fev improve on last seasons poor home record, hopefully get some decent weather and a good crowd.

Really looking forward to this one, I just hope we don't come back down with a bump lol

Close game I reckon

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I'm not being funny but this will be as big a challenge as any other to Fev. Batley have recruited well and Leigh can spout whatever they like but that was no fluke at Mount Pleasant.Be an interesting game with both teams performing well last week.

Batley looking good, but can they handle our slope lol

joe mullaney is a god

oldrover.gif

I think this game will be vital, our home form last year probably cost us a top 4 place. While at the end of the day it's just another game and 2 points it's also a chance to put a marker down at home against a team that is probably going to be one of our rivals this year!

Let's just hope for a good game whoever wins.

if anyone is thinking "it's only Batley", forget it

joe mullaney is a god

oldrover.gif

I see Alex Rowe didn't play for Batley last week. Is he injured or what? Great player, always rated him, been a regular thorn in Fev's side.

I think he's back this week for them. Is it true what I've heard,Matty Wildie out for the season? Done his ACL. Shame if true,didn't crack any pots for us but I wouldn't wish that on him.

Nothing confirmed from club or player only an internet rumour at the minute

Club and Sharpy have only said out for a month

EDIT - seems that it is true, a family member has since posted on the internet that he has done his ACL and out for the season

Devastating news - wonder which way we will go now? Promote from within, give Leeds a call or try and make a new signing?

Will be very interesting to see if Sam Day is in the 17 or not this week. The problem might be that although he played (and scored) in our last game against Batley, that was a game where we looked really lightweight up the middle and Batley just got over the top of us, even though we somehow managed to scramble the win in the end. For me, Sharp has been reluctant to play too many of our youngsters who graduated from our reserves last season at the same time since then because most of them (barring Ormondroyd, if you count him as one of last year's reserves) are not the biggest physically.

I thought that showed against Bradford, there were numerous times when we gang tackled them and pushed them back many yards in the tackle, I just don't remember that happening too often last year. So it will be understandable if Sharp sticks with Davies (& Craven in relief) at dummy half on Sunday, personally I'd like to see Day involved as Davies & Craven are so much more valuable elsewhere but he might decide he just wants as much defensive bulk as he can again against Batley's pack.

Who would be thinking that you doughnut.

probably a simpleton such as yourself

joe mullaney is a god

oldrover.gif

, even though we somehow managed to scramble the win in the end.

I think it was the other way around TPH, we (Batley) managed to scramble a  loss in the end :lol:

I certainly think Ainscough will be up for this one!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

With cording out you would think davies would naturally slot into the back row and Day can come in at hooker and alternate with Craven as Hardman can cover Craven

It probably all depends on what Leeds offer us too in terms of players this week

Sam Day replaces Cording and same 3 lads from leeds on DR.........Wildie confirmed as out for the season with ACL

Featherstone Rovers 19 Man Squad

14 Will Milner, 15 Ian Hardman, 6 Kyle Briggs, 5 Scott Turner, 1 Danny Craven, 7 Anthony Thackeray, 4 Misi Taulapapa, 3 Michael Channing, 20 Luke Cooper, 10 Andy Bostock, 8 Darrell Griffin, 19 Sam Day, 21 Brad Tagg, 17 Jack Ormondroyd, 12 John Davies, 13 Tim Spears, DR Ash Handley, DR Mitch Achurch and DR Jordan Baldwinson.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

Archived