Departing Players

IanC

I believe a mention should be made for the departing players and their contribution and helping getting to the Championship

Wayne- What can be said the man has been Magnificent since the first day he put the hornets shirt on , i hope he is asked to become a match day Ambassador for the club -to see him drift away would be sad.  

Crooky- What an excellent player he has been for us 100% - not since Martin Strett have we been confident that 4 point would become 6 ,last season we were a better side with him than without him, a real shame he could not achieve the Club Points record.

Alex Trumper/ Bloomers- Trumper always gave his full commitment and filled in well as back or  a  forward . Bloomers a top player who was deceptive reader of the game  and always knew his way to the line.

James Tilley- Had his best season last year a grafter who tackling was his strong point.

To those and the others released thank you for you efforts you played a major part in elevating the club to the higher ranking.

I think the signings and re-signing look good and 'on paper ' looks impressive, we now need to get behind the lads and the coaching staff  in making next season one to remember 

I believe a mention should be made for the departing players and their contribution and helping getting to the Championship

Wayne- What can be said the man has been Magnificent since the first day he put the hornets shirt on , i hope he is asked to become a match day Ambassador for the club -to see him drift away would be sad.  

Crooky- What an excellent player he has been for us 100% - not since Martin Strett have we been confident that 4 point would become 6 ,last season we were a better side with him than without him, a real shame he could not achieve the Club Points record.

Alex Trumper/ Bloomers- Trumper always gave his full commitment and filled in well as back or  a  forward . Bloomers a top player who was deceptive reader of the game  and always knew his way to the line.

James Tilley- Had his best season last year a grafter who tackling was his strong point.

To those and the others released thank you for you efforts you played a major part in elevating the club to the higher ranking.

I think the signings and re-signing look good and 'on paper ' looks impressive, we now need to get behind the lads and the coaching staff  in making next season one to remember

I agree with that. On the subject of Paul Crook I think his last kick at Toulouse enabled us to win the game and gain promotion but also equalled the Club points record. No mean achievement given the great players that have pulled on the shirt over the years.

Good luck to all of those mentioned above, every one contributed to the promotion.

Why do you think you've let a quality finisher like Bloomfield go ? Has he got injury problems ?

I must admit its a puzzler why we've let Bloomers go, 100% week on week and a really reliable try scoring winger. He has had his injury problems this season, mostly niggles rather than anything really serious. But Its all about the coaches opinion and if he doesn't rate him he's entitled to look elsewhere.

However I can see Bloomers coming back to haunt us in the future that's for sure.

Looks like we've picked up a couple of good signings from Hornets for the 2017 season. Bloomy was always a 'love to hate' character with the Cru fans - and he gave us as good as he got!  Now we''l cheer him and Dandy on at our new home, Queensway Stadium.

The 'rescue' Tyrone mentions is not far off the mark!

But at last we are having good news. A great coaching team (johnny Leather and Mike Grady), 25 signings, no Dual Reg, and a Supporters Trust to be established and fans part-owing the club.

Looks like we've picked up a couple of good signings from Hornets for the 2017 season. Bloomy was always a 'love to hate' character with the Cru fans - and he gave us as good as he got!  Now we''l cheer him and Dandy on at our new home, Queensway Stadium.

The 'rescue' Tyrone mentions is not far off the mark!

But at last we are having good news. A great coaching team (johnny Leather and Mike Grady), 25 signings, no Dual Reg, and a Supporters Trust to be established and fans part-owing the club.

Just a bit of a muso's joke.

" Jim Dandy To The Rescue " was a hit by Black Oak Arkansas. If you like rock bands with bare chested lead singers with hair down to their waist this one's for you.

Just a bit of a muso's joke.

" Jim Dandy To The Rescue " was a hit by Black Oak Arkansas. If you like rock bands with bare chested lead singers with hair down to their waist this one's for you.

I saw Black Oak Arkansas supporting Black Sabbath back in the day - must have been early 70's I guess.... never bought an of their albums though.  I have to admit, I missed the reference completely!!  I'l have to see if I can sneak in a couple of song references into any post in future. Keep your eyes peeled!

Archived