Nico Rosberg

Won the big title.

Doesn't like the work environment.  Doesn't like the attitudes of other drivers/personalities.  Young family.

I have to respect him for saying sod it, its not worth it.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Do we think he'd have retired had he not won the championship?

Personally I find it a bit annoying as a fan as we now won't get to see him defend his title and it does seem premature. However, if he wants to retire its up to him.

Hope he's not now taking up a new career with Sale Sharks :ph34r: 

Great big media deal/or other driver seat deal, more than Mercedes, otherwise WTF

Clearly after the last GP him and Hamilton can't work together any longer. I suspect Mercedes have decided that Hamilton is the one they wish to keep. Rosberg knows he can't realistically defend or win a world title in any other car. So rather than be seen to have lost his place at Mercedes he has retired, probably with their blessing and a nice pay off. It's all politics.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Archived