I think French RL is heading in the right direction

I like the positive and progressive energy coming out of the French federation since Palanques took over the reins.

There seems to be a determination which wasn't there before both on and off the field and that was symbolic in the improved performance we saw against England last week.

I like the fact that the federation and Catalan are on the same hymn sheet and pulling together to improve the national team. The new national team coach Cologni is making the right noises and bringing the passion back into playing for France.

More importantly I like the Objectif committee headed up by Jacques Soppelsa which intends to extend the footprint of the Elite and RL in France generally. Let's see how that develops.

Already they've gotten increased TV coverage from a national broadcaster and new shirt sponsorship so it all looks positive, the federation looks like it's getting some much needed modernisation. They need to continue on this path now.

I like the positive and progressive energy coming out of the French federation since Palanques took over the reins.

There seems to be a determination which wasn't there before both on and off the field and that was symbolic in the improved performance we saw against England last week.

I like the fact that the federation and Catalan are on the same hymn sheet and pulling together to improve the national team. The new national team coach Cologni is making the right noises and bringing the passion back into playing for France.

More importantly I like the Objectif committee headed up by Jacques Soppelsa which intends to extend the footprint of the Elite and RL in France generally. Let's see how that develops.

Already they've gotten increased TV coverage from a national broadcaster and new shirt sponsorship so it all looks positive, the federation looks like it's getting some much needed modernisation. They need to continue on this path now.

They certainly seem to have done more in the short time they've been in charge than for a very long time before. Their targets seem achievable and well thought out. The French squad itself needs more time together and more players available, not just because of injuries but in terms of the progress of Toulouse as well. Even more importantly the sense of disunity seems to have gone.

All looking good so far and no reason for it not to continue. All we need now is the re-emergence of Treize Magazine and the world will have been made right again.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Treize magazine has been back for about a year and a half, I think the editor/owner is struggling and it may have stopped again

Well that just sums up RL. I have been waiting for that and looking for it and even asked about it on forums. If I had found it I would have subscribed. :(

Whether it is just perception or whether it is real, there is no doubt the FFRXIII is coming across as a more ambitious and better run organisation then beforehand.

Palanques and co. have definitely ramped up the comms strategy since taking over with Media Releases, Social and Website updates all being ramped up significantly.

Moves like getting the France v England Test on FTA, commitments of increased RL TV coverage moving forward definitely on the surface show are more ambitious and connected body as well.

Naturally not all the good in France at the moment can be attributed to Palanques. The growing number of French players in SL was happening before Palanques, and things like Catalans adding an Academy and Reserves side plus Toulouse moving to the Championship either happened before or was in motion when he came into power.

Still positive start... let's hope that it continues.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

They don't do an English translation though

We Frenchies can't see game highlights on Sky and NRL.com because it's geoprotected. Communication problems there where Catalans fans can't see highlights of a game Catalans held in Catalans soil.

Still going Oxford look in Google for treize magazine

Thanks barnyia!

They don't do an English translation though

Don't need one thanks. In fact the only translation I ever need is to understand which century Gary Schoefield's views belong in.

Did I pick-up that he had already spoken to the RFL regarding Aude Cathars and Avignon-Vaucluse participation in the Challenge Cup. That would be super tieing-in the games four hubs to SL/Championship and Cup.He spoke at length too about the West-East games in 2017 and that they would follow Origins criteria for selection - where players signed their first license. One thing I like what he's done so far is given stacks of Rhinos rugby balls to the schools of rugby. Read recently that Bernard Laporte - who is contesting the XV Fed presidency - reckoned that their rugby schools received only four footballs in total. Palanques wants every kid to have one - as an aim anyway.Like that!

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Elite1 early doors looks like two speeds with the three Aude clubs, Dragons U23s plus Avignon.The other five struggling to keep up. Think the bottom 5 as it stands quite competitive against each other which is no bad thing. Olivier Elima joining Catalan minnows Palau may give them a lift too. Am keeping an eye on Elite 2 and thus far some really competitive games with many contested with just a converted try or less being the difference. Saw Villefranche play an excellent game at Villegailhenc who are the Carcassonne reserve side. The locals had five antipodeans on show led by Vinnie Anderson -did their President win the Lotto!. Villefranche only team of note from the Aveyron department north of Albi. They were in Elite1 a decade or so back and presently lead the comp - would be good to get them back-up

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Elite1 early doors looks like two speeds with the three Aude clubs, Dragons U23s plus Avignon.The other five struggling to keep up. Think the bottom 5 as it stands quite competitive against each other which is no bad thing. Olivier Elima joining Catalan minnows Palau may give them a lift too. Am keeping an eye on Elite 2 and thus far some really competitive games with many contested with just a converted try or less being the difference. Saw Villefranche play an excellent game at Villegailhenc who are the Carcassonne reserve side. The locals had five antipodeans on show led by Vinnie Anderson -did their President win the Lotto!. Villefranche only team of note from the Aveyron department north of Albi. They were in Elite1 a decade or so back and presently lead the comp - would be good to get them back-up

How are Carpentras doing these days mate? They're my French team

Archived