Oldham V Rochdael 2017

wilsonmarshcankick

Don't think it's ever wise to make such a prediction pre season. The guy has no idea how well or poorly the other semi pro teams may have recruited.

Most of all how well any new players may gel until they've got a few games under their belt with new team mates and game plans. Think he may well end up with "egg on his face"

Suppose it's added spice for the A627M El Classico lol

Derby games are notoriously difficult to predict, Hairnets will bust a gut to beat us because of their inferiority complex :) , seriously as we know though there are no easy games in this division, added spice with the Yetis comments but I'm sure Nobby wont be worried about comments in the press and will have the lads fired up (he knows what it means to the supporters to beat the neighbours). We play well, we win, take it lightly and they will be all over us like a cheap suit. Add this to the fact that Hairnets squad has plenty of ex Yeds, should be a tasty few derbies. As for best of the part time teams, that's crazy from a newly promoted side lol, if they are the best of the part time teams that means they will finish 4th, they may have a season like we did last time out, started well, hit a major bad run of form in the middle part of the season and finished quite strongly. Injuries will play a part too.He will look a right prat come the end of the season hopefully and if that's the case I will be reminding him constantly haha.  Cant wait. Bring it on!

You forget, we were in the Championship before you, and would have remained (5th from bottom) if the clowns at Bedlam Hall had not decided to "reorganise the league" and send 5 teams down to Championship 1.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

Next season could be quite intense and highly entertaining.  Oldham, Hornets and Swinton battling it out in cross-Manchester derbies and the one that finishes top of the three will be guaranteed safety.  All three clubs however seem to have their eyes on a mid-table finish.  

Can it be February soon please. 

You forget, we were in the Championship before you, and would have remained (5th from bottom) if the clowns at Bedlam Hall had not decided to "reorganise the league" and send 5 teams down to Championship 1.

And THAT my friend is exactly why you were welcome to win that promotion final.. Poisoned chalice that year, glad it was you not us then who went up.

but you are also forgetting you didn't bounce straight back up if you were so supioror surely you would have

You are right Baron, royally shafted in that farce of relegating 5 teams,but as you say you were in the Championship,maybe you would have kicked on had that not happened,but for a player from a freshly promoted team to claim they will be the best of the part time teams is clearly a stupid statement to make. Make no mistake there are some seriously tough games,everything improves year on year in the Champ it seems,the intensity week in week out is not like Champ 1 as you know. First season up the priority is staying up,not claiming "your going to be the best". I'm glad your back in the Championship,adds that little bit extra to both our seasons. All the best for the season, except against us of course!

last season there was only 4 fulltime sides leigh/London/Bradford/Sheffield.

next season it looks like hkr/Bradford/London/Toulouse/ so you are going to finish 5th with all these super stars you have signed. so relegation is between Halifax/Featherstone/ batley/Dewsbury/Oldham/Sheffield/swinton. well done

there was a flurry of good  signings by Oldham I think the current lull is because teams are shedding players like no tomorrow,  better to sit back for a while and wait to see who is available believe me there is some top players being released

The current lull in news is probably because Mr Hamilton is in his holidays.I forgot Toulouse are full time doh.

Why do you think that 1064? Recruitment has gone very well so far and we have a season of Champ rugby under our belts. The coach has already stated we are looking for a mid table finish this time around. Rochdale have also recruited well, every club except probably the "big 3" will be in the mix, tough league,tough competition. Can't wait now with fixtures out Sunday I believe.

You are right Baron, royally shafted in that farce of relegating 5 teams,but as you say you were in the Championship,maybe you would have kicked on had that not happened,but for a player from a freshly promoted team to claim they will be the best of the part time teams is clearly a stupid statement to make. Make no mistake there are some seriously tough games,everything improves year on year in the Champ it seems,the intensity week in week out is not like Champ 1 as you know. First season up the priority is staying up,not claiming "your going to be the best". I'm glad your back in the Championship,adds that little bit extra to both our seasons. All the best for the season, except against us of course!

There is nothing wrong in having a target, yes, Samir's target is a little bit optimistic to say the least, but I can't fault the lad for being so. He's a great player and scored our try of the season, so I am expecting a little more from him now he is in a stronger squad.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

I'm a roughyeds fan but my father in law used to be the prop for Rochdale year's ago old style never took a backward step and wanted to win everything he even wanted to fight me over his daughters hand (only kidding )he was called Tommy Turner

There's nothing wrong with a bit of optimism but he might end up looking a right plonk predicting what he has.Quietly confident would've been a better way to go.Looking forward to being at spotland or should I say chip fat arena(it's spotland for God's sake!)as they do decent pies.:-)

Archived