What a season it's been

moorside roughyed

We've certainly had our ups and downs this season. But in light of all the injuries we've sustained this season, the boys have been nothing short of sensational. Just to think we're a club with very little resources,a tiny squad and a few injuries to boot.But we have a first class coaching and backroom staff plus a group of individuals who will really dig in and play FOR each other.Oh and us the fans.I'm a very proud Roughyed. (Just something I needed to say).:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

its certainly been a roller-coaster year thats for sure. Doesnt seem like 5 minutes since we were stepping into Stalybridge for our first game there, and here we are with a whole season under our belts.

Its had its fair share of nail-biting moments, and moments where i couldnt even bare to look, but darent look away! Cant work out if that sort of exhilaration is good or bad for the old ticker?!?!?

The atmosphere at the fold has been brill,along with the rugby Oldham have been playing. There have been some real nail-biting moments. I am of the opinion that if we can get hold of some more forwards we could compete with the majority of the division. The forwards have really been pushed this season. Roll on next season.

As I have posted previously, this has been one of the most enjoyable in all the years i've followed the club. I hope we can build on last seasons squad and really establish ourselves in the Championship this coming season. Delighted we still have the same coaching staff and hopefully the backroom staff will be added to. 

Let's hope so Roger, although it hasn't been confirmed yet and with our track record it's only a matter of time before we p!$$ the owners off and have to move on again. No wonder the Hairnets call us Gypsies!

We would never be so kind......

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

Will you be bringing a few more to BF next season Baron,apart from the usual 12 we are used to seeing at Whitebank? :) Cant wait for next season already, Sundays are dire with no Roughyeds :(

Looking back on the season its been great, so many ups and downs but ultimately the mission objective was achieved. Recruitment seems to be going well so hopefully we can improve a touch on this years league position and Nobby,Spanner and co will have learned a lot from this season as will the players, RL in the Championship has been great so far, heck of a tough league but great to be back amongst it after so long.

One thing that stood out for me all season was at virtually every away game fans of other clubs actively sought out our fans to welcome us back to Championship rugby and have a drink/natter with us. Its been a pleasure travelling to every ground this season with the Barmy Army, having a laugh and supporting the lads vocally with no trouble at all. What a fantastic sport we have.

Dead right Roughyed34, we will be there.

Still hacked off that we have had to do it all again, we were 5th from bottom when the half witsat the RFL decided to inject a little insanity into the game by relegating the bottom 5. Its a case of the lunatics running the asylum, you never know what brainless scheme they will come up with next. You never know, but one of the inmates might come up with the novel idea that all clubs play each other twice (home and away), top two go up, bottom two go down, no, that is far to complicated for the inmates of Interbred Hall.

Rant over. Going to be shouting for Barrow on Saturday, would love to see Toronto and Toulouse in Ch1 next season, what a laugh that would be.

Believe we have signed a few new players (yet to be announced)

watch this space and roll on A627M El Classico.

Kind Regards

The Baron.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

Archived