Roger the Dodger

It's the main drag (Garrison Road) to the east of the city which links up to the western side - Clive Sullivan Way

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

It's the main drag (Garrison Road) to the east of the city which links up to the western side - Clive Sullivan Way

As somebody pointed out, when Johnny Whiteley passes his mortal coil it's set up for the road between them (Castle Street) to be named in his honour!

agreed

our very own "Hall of Fame Highway "  B)

"Millward inside to Whitely, passes to Sullivan .....no ones gona stop em now "  :superman:

agreed

our very own "Hall of Fame Highway " B)

"Millward inside to Whitely, passes to Sullivan .....no ones gona stop em now " :superman:

The speed camera on Daltry Street flyover might slow them down a bit.
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• 1 year later...

Official confirmation

I doubt even the most ardent of black and whites could have any complaints about this.

Not sure about Councillor Sumpton's suggestion that "the signage should be in red and white" though. :blink:

He'll be asking for the road number to be changed from the A63 to the A10.5 next. :rolleyes:

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 hours ago, Oxford said:

So Glad this has come to pass ..... what anyone one of us wouldn't do to have a Roger Millward in our side today!

He's 80, oh hang on, which teams? You may have a point for some.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just out of interest (Hull-based folk will hopefully know this), have I got this right on terms of where the road changes name on the A63:

Clive Sullivan Way starts at the junction just before the Humber Bridge.

It becomes Hessle Road after the Daltry Street flyover.

That becomes Castle Street at the horrible traffic lights section near Kingston Retail Park.

That becomes Garrison Road (to be renamed Roger Millward Way) at the Myton Bridge.

Then that ends at the roundabout, which then becomes Hedon Road (until it gets to Hedon I assume and then it becomes Hull Road).

I only realised a few years ago that the A63 actually merges with the A1033 at Southcoates Roundabout and is the A1033 thereafter. I always thought it went all the way through Hedon!

If Johnny Whiteley were to get his own Way, I'd expect it to be the Hessle Road part of the A63, with the Castle Street part probably saved for a City player like Barmby or Windass.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Archived