2 Apr: SL: Catalans Dragons v Widnes Vikings KO 6pm (TV)

Who will win?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Draw
    • Widnes Vikings

Discuss Catalans Dragons v Widnes Vikings here.

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still missing a number of players including Brown.

If there is a game that we'll lose heavily I think it'll be this one. Very hard game to come at the best of times, never mind at the end of a tough Easter weekend. Our best result is a 16 point defeat in the South of France IIRC.

Would have this close but for Widnes' missing talent.

Catalans 32 Widnes 18.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Catalans by 10, Phil Clarke to call for Frayssinous' head in the third minute and pay an 80-minute tribute to the professionalism of the Widnes side.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Widnes haven't conceded more than 38 points in a game since July 2014 - I don't think there'll be a blowout

Even when playing poorly (by '16 standards) in the last two games defence has been pretty much okay

I think it'll be close - maybe a try in it - Widnes will beat the bookies who have us down for a 14 start

Even when playing poorly (by '16 standards) in the last two games defence has been pretty much okay

That was pretty much the only positive from Monday - constant handling errors gave Saints all the territory and position, but Widnes kept out multiple repeat sets, particularly in the second half. Catalan are a very different proposition from the no-offload, safety first stuff that Saints do though.

Easy win for Catalan, but not by enough for them go overtake Widnes and go third in the table.

I thought that.

May turn it into a treble with

Wire (+2)

Salford (-2)

Hudds 15/8 win doesn't look bad value either.

like you're style and have followed suit with some slight variations:

Widnes +14 (10/11)

Wire +4 (4/5)

Saflord -4 (Evens)

Hull KR +16 (8/13)

4-Fold Acca

French forums already saying the ref will be ###### and will try to stuff us up.

Heavy winger You need to tell everyone on the french forum what happened with Alibert and Thaler,

The french think he's been dropped because he didn't go against the catalans this time! Don't believe the wrong button thing when they're miked up!

Should be a win for the Dragons, given Widnes injury problems, but I think it will be close and if Widnes shift the ball like they have, they could well take advantage of the less than fit Dragons team.

I'm going Dragons by a score.

Should be a win for the Dragons, given Widnes injury problems, but I think it will be close and if Widnes shift the ball like they have, they could well take advantage of the less than fit Dragons team.

I'm going Dragons by a score.

Dave Taylor to play at centre in order to destroy the right side of Widnes, Escaré at prop.

chuffer, on 01 Apr 2016 - 2:54 PM, said:

like you're style and have followed suit with some slight variations:

Widnes +14 (10/11)

Wire +4 (4/5)

Saflord -4 (Evens)

Hull KR +16 (8/13)

4-Fold Acca

Well played so far.  I would never have taken the Hull KR one and think Catalans will steamroller Widnes. 

I've taken Salford -4 with double my usual stake (50p ;) ).  Also Carney to score a try 4/7, just to put the mockers on him.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

What the hell??

Mason to start! Guy can't play for 10min without spitting his lungs and is starting for the second time this season. Bousquet was getting interesting FFS. Better call Vunakece because this is garbage!

What the hell??

Mason to start! Guy can't play for 10min without spitting his lungs and is starting for the second time this season. Bousquet was getting interesting FFS. Better call Vunakece because this is garbage!

Mason is a better starter than he is off the bench. He went well last time he started.

Archived