25-26 Jun: The Kingstone Press League 1 Match Thread

Discuss all this weekend's Kingstone Press League 1 games here.

SATURDAY 25th JUNE

Coventry Bears v Newcastle Thunder KO 3pm  

London Skolars v Doncaster KO 3pm  

SUNDAY 26th JUNE

Hemel Stags v Rochdale Hornets KO 2.30pm  

Keighley Cougars v Barrow Raiders KO 3pm

North Wales Crusaders v Toulouse Olympique  XIII KO 2.30pm

South Wales Scorpions v Hunslet Hawks KO 3pm

York City Knights v Gloucestershire All Golds KO 3pm

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

Credit to Doncaster who finished clinically today. Three disallowed tries for Skolars and an odd stop in play for ten mins cos of ligtening! Game was a lot closer than result suggests. I bought ten newbies along today all of home enjoyed the game a lot!

Really good performance by the Cru against Toulouse, including holding them to 10 - 10 in the second half after a first  where the French showed why they're at the top. If the Cru's kicking game hadn't been missing it might have been even closer. The pity was that only 468 were there to see it, I heard a few French accents in the concourse before the game, don't know if they'd travelled up from France. Off on out travels to Chester RUFC next week as apparently the pitch at the Racecourse is being replaced - God knows why as it looked fine to me today, however looking on their website Chester's ground looks OK, hope it's a nice day.

Archived