Escaré and Pelissier pushed out?

Escaré, who has 2 years left on his contract, has been told he can go and has been put on the list. Leeds and Castleford are reportedly interested.

Eloi Pelissier, whose contract ends this season, has not been offered a new deal. 

Is this what we're going to be? Throwing our local guys out of the window when they're having bad times? 

The obsession with Austrakisian players at Le Catalans is what is holding the national team back. Wasn't the idea of having a French team in SL to help improve the national team, not give Aussies a paid, extended holiday in France?

Crazy, especially Pelissier IMO.

I get Escaré to an extent, strikes me as a confidence player and his confidence looks shot it may be that a change is needed to help build this back (certainly a change of coach is likely to help).

The obsession with Austrakisian players at Le Catalans is what is holding the national team back. Wasn't the idea of having a French team in SL to help improve the national team, not give Aussies a paid, extended holiday in France?

Ahem. We have this debate every time. I'd just say that we have Albert, Da Costa, Yaha, Dezaria and Romano knocking on the door while our U19 are going great guns. Escaré and Pelissier have been identified as the players that do not have the level required to get silverware by the staff so they're pushed out. This is coming from a club that though Willie Mason was a good idea. 

Crazy, especially Pelissier IMO.

I get Escaré to an extent, strikes me as a confidence player and his confidence looks shot it may be that a change is needed to help build this back (certainly a change of coach is likely to help).

To me, Castleford would be better than Leeds. The coach is top notch and they're used to small fullbacks. They'll know how to play with Morgan in the team. Plus, I don't think Escare's english is very good and Gadwin would help with that. 

I'd take a punt on Escare, like you say he's a confidence player however.

With regards to the French national team as long as Catalans are producing the French talent to the market for all clubs then this will be good for them. In fact exporting players to SL and then the NRL should be the aim of the FFRXIII

Who? Escaré?

It could be a smart move if he learns how to defend at wing. 

Going by recent form,just learning to defend would help.

I can understand the club letting Escare go (not Escargot)his confidence looks shot and that may be down to how the club have handled him.

I'd rather have Pelissier at Leeds than Escare.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Escaré, who has 2 years left on his contract, has been told he can go and has been put on the list. Leeds and Castleford are reportedly interested.

Eloi Pelissier, whose contract ends this season, has not been offered a new deal. 

Is this what we're going to be? Throwing our local guys out of the window when they're having bad times? 

Saints need another hooker.  We'll look after Eloi for you guys. 

I read that they've not started negotiating with pellisier.

Too much feud between him and M.President. 

Escare; a fullback who can't pass or tackle isn't that much use. 

He has never been a strong defensive fullback but it's becoming worse and worse. He can pass, he's pretty decent at passing and kicking. The thing, the "playing system" at Catalans wants a fullback that keeps the ball and hits the line, hence why they love having Gigot at the back. We have forwards playing in the three quarter line. 

Catalans strategy is : take the ball, go in a straight line. Repeat. Wait for Taylor to pull a magic trick. 

And that's why they don't want Escaré anymore. Because he can't hit the line. 

Throw Escaré in a team that knows how to play with three quarters and a "linking" fullback and you'll see Escaré shine. 

Whilst it's never great to see Catalans let go of French talent, hopefully it just means they both get signed up by another club.

A successful France won't happen if all the talent is af the Catalans. We need the talent to be decentralized to a point. One so Catalans can keep introducing new players to Super League, and secondly so the players are exposed to different playing styles and coaching techniques.

As a few have already said, Escare doesn't fit the Catalans game plan, but there is no reason why he couldn't thrive at Castleford or Leeds.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

Honestly as long as they are still playing the game, who really cares, Catalans are a club thus they should look for the best available talent, the National team is different and I for one am happy that there seems to now be as many French players in non French teams as there are in Les Catalans. A few years ago France struggled to have a full professional 17 on the park, in fact they were at least 5 or 6 players short, these days without having to rely on the one team to feed the French national side, they can look at dozens.

Same thing happened in NZ, it was a trickle for a good while then all of a sudden you look and every team had at least one if not two or more Kiwis in their start on side let alone squad.

It's all good as long as they stay in the game, doesn't matter what colours they are wearing until they all put the same colour on.

To me, Castleford would be better than Leeds. The coach is top notch and they're used to small fullbacks. They'll know how to play with Morgan in the team. Plus, I don't think Escare's english is very good and Gadwin would help with that. 

Is Morgan Escare the new Greg Eden?

Imagine Escare and Eden in the same team!

That would be interesting...

Escare's a far better player than Eden, for me Eden isn't a Super League player and I can't see him being one.  Escare has bags of talent and is going through a poor run of form, which has coincided with a change of tactics at Les Cats.  Escare's a SL player, not sure he'll ever be a top 4 player though.

And Les Cats have bags of French players in their 19 every week so there's no argument to be had there any more.

I'm not entirely surprised by this but I am saddened by it. Super League fans tend to turn on their local products first for some reason, and the Catalans supporters (and shockingly their staff) seem particularly prone.

Escaré, for me, is Kevin Penny MkII: fantastic skills that would improve any side, but obvious flaws too. I was sad that my club didn't see fit to coach the other parts of his game, but obviously delighted that he showed enough character to fight his way back in. To lose someone with Escaré's speed and evasion without trying to help him is criminal.

Likewise Pélissier. His case is arguably more extreme, as not only is he nearly the complete player, but the Dragons have on their coaching staff one of the best hookers we've had in Super League (Michael Monaghan). He arguably possessed the skills that Pélissier lacks - a cool head, leadership, a tackling technique which hardly ever conceded a penalty - so if Monaghan can't help him, I don't think anyone can.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Bizarrely this is actually really good news for the French national team. The more French players in the league the better. Catalans will only regularly play 9 or 10 so getting more into other clubs getting coached by different people will increase the pool and should make them more competitive. Similar to NZ with more kiwis playing in the NRL.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

If Toulouse go up I wonder if these players might be tempted to go there? Not like their places in the French squad would be under risk, and salary cap change means Toulouse could in theory afford them. Playing at a lower level than Gigot might put Escare at a disadvantage for first XIII, but you suspect France need to find space for both In their team, and Gigot may be playing 2nd fiddle to Stewart

If Toulouse go up I wonder if these players might be tempted to go there? Not like their places in the French squad would be under risk, and salary cap change means Toulouse could in theory afford them. Playing at a lower level than Gigot might put Escare at a disadvantage for first XIII, but you suspect France need to find space for both In their team, and Gigot may be playing 2nd fiddle to Stewart

Gigot needs to play centre at international level. 

We do not have many centres and Gigot is worse than Escaré at catching bombs so it's a no go for me.

Assuming they both stay in Rugby League and Super League or Toulouse this isn't so bad. A new environment and coaching structure could be just what they need.

In 5 years time hopefully Toulouse are in SL or making at least the middle 8's regularly and the French national team could be something like 1/3 Catalans, 1/3 Toulouse & 1/3 Other SL clubs. The wildcards being Carcassonne/Cathars and a revamped Elite 1

Archived