minikin

ginaldo

I'm not sure he's been 'recalled'. He's not a loan player - he's dual-registered and could return at any time. I'm sure that if he's not needed by Castleford, he'll be back in our XVII.

What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

What's happened to Casey and Peterson? Wasn't Casey brought in at centre and played very well at Leigh, his ONLY game. With Minikin a yes/no, Cowling out, Squires obviously upset somebody and Ainscough being out a week or 3, why hasn't Casey played or been anywhere near the squad, and as for Peterson, ex-Hull KR, had expected more out of him as well. Were they only short term signings til the end of the season? Is Ulugia being tapped up for the transfer that was going to happen beginning of this season or has JK pocketed him?

I personally think we need to move mountains to get Greg to play for us on Sunday. Also, I may have the wrong end of the stick or be thinking of old rules but...if he does play his eight game for us does that not make him available for us only in the eights?

I agree I think we have seen the last of Minikin and Mariano.

They where good for us whilst we had them.

Cheers Roger.

"Short time ago/even shorter memories. The following quote appeared on the 29th April. Source: Press Association Sport:

(In addition to Minikin), "Batley have also signed Castleford prop Ryan Boyle on dual registration as well as Ireland international Callum Casey and former Hull KR utility forward Dave Peterson."  

Castleford chief executive Steve Gill said: "I'm really pleased that we have been able to finalise a dual-registered partnership with Batley Bulldogs.

"It's a great club with a very similar ethos to ourselves, John Kear is a great coach and I know he will look after our young boys really well. We have had several discussions over the past few weeks and there was a real desire to work closely with each other."

Well, well,  Mr.Gill, Batley would still be  looking after your young boys really well, IF only they had the chance?!!   :  (

KTF DS BB/All thanks for feedback...

Absolutely no point having a dig at Castleford. We got into bed with dual registration and were well aware of the risk involved. We did well out of the link for part of the season, but the club was aware that player availability would be at Castleford's discretion. The fact that Cas have an injury crisis at this stage of the season is just sheer bad luck for us, but that's the nature of the system.

What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

Castleford like any other super duper league club use dual reg to their own advantage,& that is to give their players game time so they are ready for when they are called into first team action & that's what's happened with Minikin & especially Mariano who's come back from long term injury. Dual reg wants scrapping & all super league clubs should be made to have reserve grade. But that will never happen while clubs are getting into partnerships with them.

I understand DR to mean not just a couple of named players. Other clubs with DR's seem to have the pick of any number of names; one becomes unavailable, another takes his place ie Fev didn't have Lilley last week but got Mullaley instead. Why does it appear that we never get that flexibility?

Powell has reportedly said 19 of his 32-man squad were unable to train yesterday so that'll presumably be why players aren't being made available for Batley, it was a similar story for us (Fev) earlier this season, think we had planned on using Handley on the wing for much of the year but injuries to both Hall and Briscoe scuppered that. It's part of the risk of using DR, hardly any fans like the system (most Fev fans really don't like it) but looking objectively you can see why teams such as Batley and Fev do use DR given the huge differentials between prize money from, say 4th to 5th.

Powell has reportedly said 19 of his 32-man squad were unable to train yesterday so that'll presumably be why players aren't being made available for Batley, it was a similar story for us (Fev) earlier this season, think we had planned on using Handley on the wing for much of the year but injuries to both Hall and Briscoe scuppered that. It's part of the risk of using DR, hardly any fans like the system (most Fev fans really don't like it) but looking objectively you can see why teams such as Batley and Fev do use DR given the huge differentials between prize money from, say 4th to 5th.

So the end justifies the means then.

Shame that, don't you think?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived