Bradford Bulls / HMRC / Administration

Shouldn't be in arrears let alone by £100k or £350k or whatever is the correct amount although I would tend to believe HMRC over Bradford

Also how can they continue to sign players when they have 6 figure arrears to HMRC?

Shouldn't be in arrears let alone by £100k or £350k or whatever is the correct amount although I would tend to believe HMRC over Bradford

Also how can they continue to sign players when they have 6 figure arrears to HMRC?

Because the operational rules allow it.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Because the operational rules allow it.

After the Crusaders demise from their position in Super League the RFL made public noises about getting tougher on clubs who failed to pay HMRC.

They mentioned 'Special Measures'.

http://media.therfl.co.uk/docs/Section%20A3%20-%20Finance%20final%20pdf.pdf

This winding up order has been listed for court hearing regularly for the past months.

When Green returned from a holiday from a 'crisis' a few months ago he never mentioned the matter until it hit social media.

Green then mentioned that it was a dispute about the amount.

The dispute about the amount was raised again today.

During this time the club have recruited a head coach from Australia and made more than one signing from the NRL.

Special measures for sure...

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

31. CR-2016-003939 BRADFORD BULLS NORTHERN LIMITED

108. CR-2016-005429 Salford City Reds Limited

131. CR-2016-005496 OLDHAM RUGBY LEAGUE FOOTBALL CLUB (1997) LIMITED

172. CR-2016-005576 FEATHERSTONE ROVERS RUGBY LEAGUE FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED

177. CR-2016-005582 SHEFFIELD EAGLES 2000 LIMITED

After the Crusaders demise from their position in Super League the RFL made public noises about getting tougher on clubs who failed to pay HMRC.

They mentioned 'Special Measures'.

http://media.therfl.co.uk/docs/Section%20A3%20-%20Finance%20final%20pdf.pdf

This winding up order has been listed for court hearing regularly for the past months.

When Green returned from a holiday from a 'crisis' a few months ago he never mentioned the matter until it hit social media.

Green then mentioned that it was a dispute about the amount.

The dispute about the amount was raised again today.

During this time the club have recruited a head coach from Australia and made more than one signing from the NRL.

Special measures for sure...

I suggest you read the Special Measures Regulations very closely.

The RFL can give permission for the signing of players if they so wish.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

And little Batley were prevented a few years ago for owing a lot less. Maybe that is what special measures mean

I refer you to my post above.

Knee jerk anti-Bradford post.

Good to have Bullseye and Padge putting the facts in, time to tick the "like this" boxes for me Lee ;)

I refer you to my post above.

The word you used was can. So whY have they allowed all these signings?

My comment about special measures was questioning whether Bradford were getting special treatment because they weren't little Batley

31. CR-2016-003939 BRADFORD BULLS NORTHERN LIMITED

108. CR-2016-005429 Salford City Reds Limited

131. CR-2016-005496 OLDHAM RUGBY LEAGUE FOOTBALL CLUB (1997) LIMITED

172. CR-2016-005576 FEATHERSTONE ROVERS RUGBY LEAGUE FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED

177. CR-2016-005582 SHEFFIELD EAGLES 2000 LIMITED

Searching The Gazette: Sheffield's WUP was published on 29th Sept, the last WUP against Fev was dismissed on 14th September, the last against Oldham dismissed in Nov 2014 and Salford no records?

Ah the annual off season HMRC wind up order. How I miss those days! Hopefully all is sorted soon.

It was actually in season, such has been the joy of our 2016 campaign!

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Re: Batley - did they not pay because they disputed the amount or because they couldn't afford to? I genuinely don't know by the way, so this isn't some sort of rose tinted defence of the Bulls - and of course I do not approve of any company not paying tax.

The BBC report doesn't go into much detail, and I'm not the world's biggest financial expert, but it seems from reading the local paper and some wise in the matter posters over on RL Fans that the Bulls disputed the amount of tax owed (whilst still paying some), and the HMRC couldn't prove it to a specific amount and they have met somewhere in the middle. I admit could have read that completely wrong.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

worth noting another on the petition list :-

CR-2016-005502 LONDON WELSH RUGBY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED.

secondly

SALFORD CITY REDS LIMITED was the company that when into CVA in 2013 & was dissolved in January 2014

SALFORD CITY REDS (2013) LIMITED is the company trading currently

There's no point 'disagreeing' with HMRC. They know exactly what is owed and anything else is just a stalling tactic.

No, tax is not necessarily a black and white affair, unless your affairs are really simple, and HMRC like many other government departments have suffered cut-backs with lots of tax offices closing.  This makes dealing with them, and particularly their automated systems really quite difficult and slow process.

No one will ever see this if your only experience of HMRC is simply your employer deducting tax each month.

There's no point 'disagreeing' with HMRC. They know exactly what is owed and anything else is just a stalling tactic.

They don't though do they.  They're always getting it wrong.

I bet all the moral high-grounders on here (you know who you are) are still using Google on their Apple device, drinking Starbucks coffee and ordering their bits off Amazon.  All whilst listening to Take That.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

The word you used was can. So whY have they allowed all these signings?

My comment about special measures was questioning whether Bradford were getting special treatment because they weren't little Batley

To know why you would have had to be party to both clubs discussions with the RFL, you would need to the income of both clubs and details of any bonds supplied by both clubs.

Its not a case of treating clubs differently, they all get treated the same, each case is individual and must be judged on its own.

To know why you would have had to be party to both clubs discussions with the RFL, you would need to the income of both clubs and details of any bonds supplied by both clubs.

Its not a case of treating clubs differently, they all get treated the same, each case is individual and must be judged on its own.

Bradford aren't even paying their existing staff on time

They don't though do they.  They're always getting it wrong.

I bet all the moral high-grounders on here (you know who you are) are still using Google on their Apple device, drinking Starbucks coffee and ordering their bits off Amazon.  All whilst listening to Take That.

Who would confess to listening to Take That?

You need to add liking Jimmy Carr as their favourite comedian to that list

Bradford aren't even paying their existing staff on time

That makes no difference.

That's irrelevant (although I agree with the premise)

HMRC don't just send you random numbers based on stuff, they base it on your business incomings etc. This also hasn't occurred overnight has it? It's been a bit of a theme.

But they do just send you figures. If you are late in in submitting returns (or don't submit them, HMRC will make an assessment. They base the figures on a business they consider to be the same as yours. Bradford could be assessed to owe the same as Leeds.

Archived