Whitehaven reaction

town4me

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly town have served up the same ###### we have been seeing over the last few weeks. Haven were the better side by a distance for me today. Well done to them.

I have to hold my hands up and say I was one who always backed Mr veivers and said he is the man we need to turn things round. I have to admit it's time for him to go. Nothing has changed since last season, same plays, same mistakes, nothing changes. A rebuilding job is needed.

Absolute rubbish today, the defence was shocking and the try Aiye got was just embarrassing. Too many individual errors again from Town today not helped by one or two of them not being prepared to bend their backs when needed. Callum going off early didn't help but that's no excuse. Also has to be said that Sammut was very poor today, in a pressure game like that you need your experienced star player to step up and take control and quite frankly he was anonymous for most of the game and made basic errors like not finding touch with the penalty. Think that's it for us now.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Game over im afraid. Really have to feel for the likes shacks and gordon who gave everything they had. Worst ive seen from sammut. I think he got tackled once, never took the line on and was generally very poor. After scoring that early try we should have went on to boss it but errors and penalties absolutely killed us. I think its time to start planning for life in championship 1. Got to say a couple of fans let themselves down with there language today. How can people say about getting kids down when idiots act like that

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Game over im afraid. Really have to feel for the likes shacks and gordon who gave everything they had. Worst ive seen from sammut. I think he got tackled once, never took the line on and was generally very poor. After scoring that early try we should have went on to boss it but errors and penalties absolutely killed us. I think its time to start planning for life in championship 1.

was sammut playing today? The middle of the game was just dreadful from town. Swintons win means todays result is irrelevant now anyway IMO. Both are down. Maybe not mathematically but realistically they are

was sammut playing today? The middle of the game was just dreadful from town. Swintons win means todays result is irrelevant now anyway IMO. Both are down. Maybe not mathematically but realistically they are

he was very poor. That kick under the sticks summed up his game.

yes he was poor and when callum went off we needed him to step up but he simply didn't and doran was very average too.

i thought jamie was the pick of our creative players. Thats not saying much mind.

I differ to a lot of oppinions here.

We've a player pool that's down to 18 fit lads. Some of that 18 are busted.

We've props in both second rows

Second rows at centre

Jason playing on when he was obviously hampered by an injury

Callum was a huge loss. Doran had to do 70 minutes and scored two tries

The effort was there and so was the character to fight back into the game but were out of bodies and playing square pegs in round holes. The players are doing it tough but there giving it there all in difficult circumstances

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Best team won on the day, Haven did there homework on Callum and got him off, him on and we would have had a chance, not going to call Jarrod as his goal kicking has kept us in with a shout these last few games and am not going to knock players like some teams fans do !!

The damage was done at 28-8 we had to much to do and if we had sneaked it at the end I would say haven had  been robbed, they were the best team on the day so fair play, we are both still in with a shout, its over just yet !!!

Keep supporting the lads folks .

Awful performance today in patches and very unlucky too. We were cruising 8-0 up and looked in control, then the Haven lad tackles Callum from an offside position, Cal goes off and the plan goes out of the window. Then we lose Matty Gee again to injury and I may be wrong but did Shacks play the full 80? He was outstanding whatever it was.

Some of the tackling for their tries was terrible, way too soft. Some of the discipline was terrible whether they were frustrated with the ref or not.

Then the ref gives us a pen instead of a try, we are held up twice, Dec drops one over the line and at the end we still could have won it.

But in between there was 50 mins of poor play. Jarrod didn't seem at the races today, he misses touch, and just didn't seem to want to take up the playmaker role when Cal went off. Then last ten mins he kind of came to life but too late.

I feel sorry for the lads as there was no lack of effort from anyone.

Credit to haven they ran stronger in both defence and attack. If it hadn't been for the sin bin we wouldn't have been close.

We are just about gone now if Callum has broken his ankle, we just can't make a 17 - again. It's not quite over yet but that slim chance is now anorexic.

UTT.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

I differ to a lot of oppinions here.

Second rows at centre

Jason playing on when he was obviously hampered by an injury

Callum was a huge loss. Doran had to do 70 minutes and scored two tries

The effort was there and so was the character to fight back into the game but were out of bodies and playing square pegs in round holes. The players are doing it tough but there giving it there all in difficult circumstances

but them players did the buisness for the first 10 minutes and last 15 minutes. So why not the rest. Haven were out on their feet at one point but they stuck to the task and they had key players missing too and had players carrying knocks. Sorry but the middle of the game was diobolical from town and cost them the game.

My mate listened on the radio and said Peter Smith the Kells coach was summarising and he had Town weighed up after 15 minutes as to what our plays were and where Haven needed to attack. Without Callum and Matty we are a very slow ponderous team around the ruck which makes it difficult to get the opposition on the back foot. We are very predictable in our play and apart from odd flashes of individuality from Sammut it is same old same old most of the time.

Cobb actually on more than one occasion literally looking over the Haven players shoulder to see Workington play the ball !! and doesnt realise that means he is in front of him . But cant blame the ref for much else Callum going off left no plan B and it went pear shaped for 40 minutes . Sammut showed both why he can be a good player and why some top clubs wont risk taking him there was some good moments early on and late on and again Ritson was a work horse for a young outside back deserved the mom for 80 mins of wanting it .To sum it up Haven took their chance when Callum went off and played decent rugby at times and seem to want it more .

Really thought we were gonna snatch it by 2 points again at the death! Poor defence today from the team but injuries are absolutely crucifying us!! Not sure why Sammut decided to kick at the end, just wasn't meant to be! Sammut is not the stand out player we expect him to be, others are playing way better than him & that's disappointing !! He should be head & shoulders above everyone else!! Think today's results could mean us both down!! Gutted!!

but them players did the buisness for the first 10 minutes and last 15 minutes. So why not the rest. Haven were out on their feet at one point but they stuck to the task and they had key players missing too and had players carrying knocks. Sorry but the middle of the game was diobolical from town and cost them the game.

No team could boss it for 80 minutes with the depleted squad that we have. I agree with Gilmeister that we have an ever-diminishing bunch of guys who are playing patched up and out of position and all on the back of a 30% pay cut. I have a bundle of of issues after today but I won't put the blame on the lads. Only plus from the game is that we maintained our points advantage over the jam and that will hopefully help to drag them down with us. I'm not up for being magnanimous -- as the man said "Show me a good loser -and I'll show you a loser". As far as I'm concerned all the jambos are good for is boosting our gate. 

No team could boss it for 80 minutes with the depleted squad that we have. I agree with Gilmeister that we have an ever-diminishing bunch of guys who are playing patched up and out of position and all on the back of a 30% pay cut. I have a bundle of of issues after today but I won't put the blame on the lads. Only plus from the game is that we maintained our points advantage over the jam and that will hopefully help to drag them down with us. I'm not up for being magnanimous -- as the man said "Show me a good loser -and I'll show you a loser". As far as I'm concerned all the jambos are good for is boosting our gate.

I think most teams,especially part time one's are busted at this time of the season,i know what it's been like at rams,all season.

Oh dear I didn't see that coming,maybe got a bit over confident after beating us last week. With 4 games to go it's really going to be hard now,if you can get a result next week at Swinton might give you a bit of a life line.

Not the time for patronising comments mate. If we can get a result anywhere with what we have left then a Gloucester Old Spot will be seen flying over Siddick Pond. 

Second rows at centre

Listened to the game on the radio......Smith and Cox both said in the first half we looked  knckered,,,,

Fair comments mate.

Really thought we were gonna snatch it by 2 points again at the death! Poor defence today from the team but injuries are absolutely crucifying us!! Not sure why Sammut decided to kick at the end, just wasn't meant to be! Sammut is not the stand out player we expect him to be, others are playing way better than him & that's disappointing !! He should be head & shoulders above everyone else!! Think today's results could mean us both down!! Gutted!!

In some ways relegation would be a relief as if we can't compete financially in this league now we sure as hell wouldn't next year and it'd be another season of bumping along at the bottom awaiting the inevitable. Same goes for Haven. I expect they'll probably change the league structure again in a year or two anyway if Toulouse and Toronto haven't made it to SL. I think it's better to be a top half team in a lower league than whipping boys in a higher one.

Archived