Reserves Championship Grand Final: Leigh 28 Dewsbury 30

Therein73

Couldn't agree more

They've been far more entertaining to watch

Playing in a shackles off style

Good luck for the final

And hopefully seeing we've a easy game this week will be helped out with some first team quality,seymore needs a run out and made a difference coming on off the bench vs Featherstone in the semi

I too wish the team and coaching staff all the very best for Friday. I think the last two games have been short of the usual flair, but they have been made to work harder for the last three victories and it shows how the lads can change their play to suit the circumstances.

I believe this Final game could be similar, so let's have the same determination, endeavour and, given the opportunity, a little flair too.

I shall be a couple of miles too far distant to get there.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Yeah good luck lads, especially the four muted to be signing for Batley at the end of the season. I enjoyed the couple of games I caught on Thursday nights which are especially atmospheric under the lights

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Yeah good luck lads, especially the four muted to be signing for Batley at the end of the season. I enjoyed the couple of games I caught on Thursday nights which are especially atmospheric under the lights

I don't believe that we have resorted to ripping player's tongues from their mouths yet PM, well not since Tony Fisher left anyway.

Is this a ploy that JK intends to introduce next year to improve your performances? Desperate measures for desperate times I suppose.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I don't believe that we have resorted to ripping player's tongues from their mouths yet PM, well not since Tony Fisher left anyway.

Is this a ploy that JK intends to introduce next year to improve your performances? Desperate measures for desperate times I suppose.

Sorry BSJ, you've completely lost me with this one! You're not stuck in a confined space with a pair of Coolies undergarments are you? They can kill more brain cells than 3 bottles of Vodka

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

Sorry BSJ, you've completely lost me with this one! You're not stuck in a confined space with a pair of Coolies undergarments are you? They can kill more brain cells than 3 bottles of Vodka

You have a moot point there PM! BSJ needs to be more pacific. :onthequiet:

Muted, Mooted I get it now! Earlsheaton High and Mr Womersley have a lot to answer for, they stopped an idiot becoming a great man!

Muted, Mooted I get it now! Earlsheaton High and Mr Womersley have a lot to answer for, they stopped an idiot becoming a great man!

Good lad was Shaun. Underrated in my view.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Not only was tonight's performance and result by the A team tremendous for the club and the coaching staff but also, what a fabulous way for Austin Buchanan to bow out from his association with the club.

A dedicated and consummate professional but also a genuinely nice bloke about whom only good memories will remain. We will miss you Austin and wish you well wherever your career may take you

Great servant and if the current first team coach as any amount of gorm

He will pick Austin in the last home game against Workington so the fans can say

A thank you to him personally for the many hours he's entertained us all

Over to you morrison!!

Great servant and if the current first team coach as any amount of gorm

He will pick Austin in the last home game against Workington so the fans can say

A thank you to him personally for the many hours he's entertained us all

Over to you morrison!!

Fantastic idea if he is definitely going. Is that confirmed?

Would be a nice touch, no doubt............... Don't think it will happen, but what I'm hopeful will happen is a parade by the Champions at half time of the Workington game and it should be Austin that carries the trophy round the ground as a way of doing his own 'lap of honour', if he is moving on.

A great servant to the club and gave his all tonight -- especially after his spell in the sin bin -- was obviously determined to make up for being sidelined for 10 minutes.

Well done to all concerned tonight - a great game and great to see the first team squad there supporting them.

Was a heck of a game tonight and, in honesty, neither team deserved to lose............but what a determined, team performance that was !!

Ryan Langton was a stand out performer for me tonight, as he was against Fev in the semi, and I hope the two Delaneys are patient enough to persevere with Dewsbury and make the step up more regularly when the time is right. Jason Muranka looked good (again) and Glover was top notch..........Byron Smith put in a real shift and the experience of Buchanan and Hyde was invaluable.

The team spirit was evident throughout and there seemed to be a belief that it was going to be their night tonight.

Well done lads .... every one of you.

The referee at tonight's Reserves Grand Final.............His performance was undoubtedly a factor in the game being as good as it was.

He worked well with his assistants, made the right calls technically, but most of all he let the teams play and the game flow.

Don't know who it was, but praise where it's due -- He had an outstanding game ( and I would have said the same if we had lost)

Archived